• Sopra Steria

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi All,

I have inputText component as a date picker in a VF page but the problem with this is user can directly enter a value in the input text component without using the date picker.Is it possible to force user to enter values for the date only from the date picker i.e. in the input text component user should be able to enter values only from the date picker ?
<apex:inputText value="{!startDate}" onfocus="DatePicker.pickDate(false,this,false);" id="startDate" />
Thanks
Saurabh

Hi All,

Is there any way we can tell from the Controller Extension which button in clicked in the Visualforce Page.

For example in the visualforce page Below:
<apex:page standardController="Account" extensions="AccountExt" >
    <apex:form>
         <apex:commandButton value="X"  action="{!X_AccountExt}"/>
         <apex:commandButton value="Y"  action="{!Y_AccountExt}"/>
     </apex:form>     
</apex:page>

Can we check from the controller extension AccountExt ,which button was clicked by the user.

Thanks
Saurabh

Thanks
Saurabh Agrahari

Hi ,

I am trying to use action status with apex page Message .Also there is a rendered attribute with apex page message .Below is a VF sample..
<apex:page>
<apex:pageMessage id="ap" summary="A sample message" severity="INFO" strength="2" rendered="{!rendered}"  />
<apex:form >  
        <apex:commandButton value="save" status="cb"   action="{!save}" rerender="ap"/>
        <apex:actionStatus  id="cb" startText="saving..."/>

My problem is that I am able to display both action status and apex page message together.

Please let me know if anyone know where and why above code is not working.

Thanks
Saurabh
Does Apex allows forward referencing?
Hi All,
I understand the basic concept of encrypted fields.However I have few doubts ,which are listed below:

1) When the custom fields are stored in database they are encrypted.But when I retrieve the value from the database will the value be returned in clear
text over a SSL connection or a encrypted text is returned?

2)When i use a mask for the value and "view encrypted data " is not enabled .Is it correct to think that value will be returned in clear text but the charecters wil be
masked

3) Are the above mentioned behaviour true with SOQL as well .That is when i get the value from the database in Apex using SOQL.

So bottom line is I want to know the exactly what happens when a encrypted filed is returned from the database.

Thanks
Saurabh

Hi All,

I am trying to change the value of the outputlabel component with id="id1"through the jquery/javascript.But I am not able to do so. The VF page is below:

<apex:page standardController="Account">
<apex:includescript value="https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.5.1/jquery.min.js" />
<script>
function display(c,sd){
var $j=jQuery.noConflict();

if(c.checked)
{
alert($j('[id*=sd]').val());

}
else
{
alert("Unchecked");

}

}
</script>

<apex:pageBlock id="thepageBlock">
    <apex:outputLabel id="id1" value="Checkbox" for="id6"/>
    <apex:pageBlockSection id="id2">
        <apex:pageBlockSectionItem id="id3">
            <apex:outputText id="id4" value="Hello World!!"/>
                <apex:form id="id5">
                    <apex:inputCheckbox id="id6"  value="{!account.name}" Onclick="display(this,'id1')"/>
        </apex:pageBlockSectionItem>
    </apex:pageBlockSection>
</apex:pageBlock>

Actually when try read the value with the help of alert box if gives me nothing.
I am not able to figure out what is the issue here .

So it will be very helpfull if I   am given a knowledge of how to change the Vf component with javascript.

Thanks
Saurabh

Hi All,

Is there any way we can tell from the Controller Extension which button in clicked in the Visualforce Page.

Can we check from the controller extension AccountExt ,which button was clicked by the user.

Thanks
Saurabh

Thanks
Saurabh Agrahari

Hi All,

I have inputText component as a date picker in a VF page but the problem with this is user can directly enter a value in the input text component without using the date picker.Is it possible to force user to enter values for the date only from the date picker i.e. in the input text component user should be able to enter values only from the date picker ?
<apex:inputText value="{!startDate}" onfocus="DatePicker.pickDate(false,this,false);" id="startDate" />
Thanks
Saurabh

Hi All,

Thanks
Saurabh

Thanks
Saurabh Agrahari

Hi ,

I am trying to use action status with apex page Message .Also there is a rendered attribute with apex page message .Below is a VF sample..
<apex:pageMessage id="ap" summary="A sample message" severity="INFO" strength="2" rendered="{!rendered}"  />
<apex:form >  
        <apex:commandButton value="save" status="cb"   action="{!save}" rerender="ap"/>
        <apex:actionStatus  id="cb" startText="saving..."/>

My problem is that I am able to display both action status and apex page message together.

Please let me know if anyone know where and why above code is not working.

Thanks
Saurabh
Does Apex allows forward referencing?
Hi All,
I understand the basic concept of encrypted fields.However I have few doubts ,which are listed below:

1) When the custom fields are stored in database they are encrypted.But when I retrieve the value from the database will the value be returned in clear
text over a SSL connection or a encrypted text is returned?

2)When i use a mask for the value and "view encrypted data " is not enabled .Is it correct to think that value will be returned in clear text but the charecters wil be
masked

3) Are the above mentioned behaviour true with SOQL as well .That is when i get the value from the database in Apex using SOQL.

So bottom line is I want to know the exactly what happens when a encrypted filed is returned from the database.

Thanks
Saurabh

Hi All,

I am trying to change the value of the outputlabel component with id="id1"through the jquery/javascript.But I am not able to do so. The VF page is below:

<apex:page standardController="Account">
<apex:includescript value="https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.5.1/jquery.min.js" />
<script>
function display(c,sd){
var $j=jQuery.noConflict();

if(c.checked)
{
alert($j('[id*=sd]').val());

}
else
{
alert("Unchecked");

}

}
</script>

<apex:pageBlock id="thepageBlock">
    <apex:outputLabel id="id1" value="Checkbox" for="id6"/>
    <apex:pageBlockSection id="id2">
        <apex:pageBlockSectionItem id="id3">
            <apex:outputText id="id4" value="Hello World!!"/>
                <apex:form id="id5">
                    <apex:inputCheckbox id="id6"  value="{!account.name}" Onclick="display(this,'id1')"/>
        </apex:pageBlockSectionItem>
    </apex:pageBlockSection>
</apex:pageBlock>

Actually when try read the value with the help of alert box if gives me nothing.
I am not able to figure out what is the issue here .

So it will be very helpfull if I   am given a knowledge of how to change the Vf component with javascript.

Thanks
Saurabh