• 0 Points
  • Member since 2014

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
 Te VF page was written by a consultant who is since gone.  I need to edit the VF but suspect the HTML format is keeping the edits done from being expressed.  This is the start of the code -
<apex:page standardController="DSP_Eval__c" extensions="DSPEvaluationEntryControllerExt" showHeader="false" sidebar="false" applybodytag="false"
           applyHtmlTag="false" >

<html>

<head>
        <meta charset="utf-8"/>
        <meta name="viewport" content="device-width, initial-scale=1"/>

</head>

<style>

This VF page provides printout of Opportunity (Application).  In the data table, under the header Site Services, I want specific words to show based on the result of the related checkbox.  For example, if RESID__c = TRUE, I want the word Residential to show.  When I try to insert If, then statements the entire statement shows in the box.  As written now, a checkbox shows with or without checkmark depending on the selection on the application.  How do I do this?  Below is the code for the column.

<apex:column >
                                        <apex:facet name="header"><p Class="SF_Headers">Site Services</p></apex:facet>
                                        <apex:outputField value="{!s.RESID__c}"  styleClass="SF_Fields"/>
                                        <apex:outputField value="{!s.ADMIN_del__c}" styleClass="SF_Fields"/>
                                         <apex:outputField value="{!s.CLIN__c}" styleClass="SF_Fields"/>
                                        <apex:outputField value="{!s.PREK_del__c}" styleClass="SF_Fields"/>
                                         <apex:outputField value="{!s.DAY_VOC__c}" styleClass="SF_Fields"/>
                                        <apex:outputField value="{!s.EDUC__c}" styleClass="SF_Fields"/>
                                         <apex:outputField value="{!s.EI__c}" styleClass="SF_Fields"/>
                                        <apex:outputField value="{!s.COMMSUPP__c}" styleClass="SF_Fields"/>
Get this fatal error when run VFpage due to problem with extension:
14:16:49.0 (69545363)|FATAL_ERROR|System.SObjectException: SObject row was retrieved via SOQL without querying the requested field: Training_Class__c.Sign_up_Deadline__c Class.IAC_Lobby_Day_Extension.<init>: line 142, column 1

Line 142    isinPast=(course.Sign_up_Deadline__c < date.today()? true:false);

When run VF page get authorization request for Guest User - although no such authorization is indicated in code.

Although it had been working and accepting registrations off our website, now the VF page renders a validation error message when user attempts to register.  I cheked to ensure all fields in the relevant objects were set to Read/Write for Guest user - yet no chnage in the outcome.
apex:command button value = "Complete Regisration" keeps returning an Error page - Authorization Required You must first log in ...  What can be the issue?
I installed the Test Class Generator into my Sandbox successfully but when I tried to use it I did not see the 'Parse' button indicated in step 1.  How do I get the 'Parse' button?
Trying to add new field to exisitng Apex Class that is Controller for a Visual Force page.  Although I added the field (custom field = Self_Direction__c) to the object (Account).  It is accepted under the section following the format of list of other fields  - void getAgencyRec(){ a = SELECT id, Self_Direction__c FROM account where id = :aIDLimit 1];
yet when I try to add it to the section followng the format of a list of other fields - public void saveAgencyRec() { aSaved.Self_Direction__c = app.Self_direction__c;  - I get an error message 
Error: Compile Error: Variable does not exist: Self_Direction__c at line 789 column 36  WHY???
This is a section of a table PDF VF page - I do not this section of the table to display if the value of DSP_eval__c.xvb5__c = "X".

<table border="1" cellspacing="0" width="100%" align="center" style="height:150 px; font-size:12px; font-weight:normal">
                          <tr style="text-align:left">                                      
                          <td style="text-indent:10px; font-weight:normal"> Skill 5: Supports the self direction of services. </td>                         
                          <td style="text-align:center; font-weight:normal ">{!DSP_eval__c.xvb5__c}</td>                         
                          </tr>                         
                          </table>
I created a PDF VF page to show the results of a custom object, a staff evaluation form. On occassion the score fields contain 'x' which signifies that the skill is not appliicable to the person being evaluated.  Currently all these skills show on the PDF with the X but I would like to onlly show the skill if the score is not x.  I tried - <If{!DSP_eval__c.xvb5__c} Not=’x’> - but cleraly this is not correct.  Any suggestions? 
An Apex trigger populates a field which then is used within an email alert.  I have changed this Trigger in the past and the changes always took - but this time the code shows the changes but the email remains unchanged?  The last change prior to this one - which went smoothly - was just a few weeks ago.
Then I went into the URL and modified the 'member' to read 'dsptool' and got a message that the URL no longer exists.  Yet when I click onto that URL in the ALL COMMUNITIES display, it takes me to it.
URL in reset password email takes User to inactive community (members) rather than the new active community (dsptool) - I even created an email template with the new active URL and when I tested it that too took me to the old member URL - HELP!!!!!
public with sharing class CommunitiesLandingController {         // Code we will invoke on page load.     public PageReference forwardToStartPage() {         String communityUrl = 'https://universaltelcom.force.com';         String customHomePage = '/apex/hello';         if (UserInfo.getUserType().equals('Guest')) {             return new PageReference(communityUrl + '/login?startURL=' + EncodingUtil.urlEncode(customHomePage, 'UTF-8'));         }else {             return new PageReference(communityUrl + customHomePage);         }       }         public CommunitiesLandingController() {}     }
I keep getting an error message when I try to preview even after I changed the value from O to 1.  Also, it has been running in production but now I need to revise it and cannot see a Preview.  This was written by a consultant - so I am hoping to correct it without incurring additional charges from him. 

When I click Preview The message reads:

Visualforce Error Help for this Page  The value 'null' is not valid for operator '>' Error is in expression '{!AND(not(isInPast), not(SeriesRegOnly), (Training_Class__c.Course__r.Max_Registrants__c - Training_Class__c.Num_of_Attendees__c)>0)}' in component <apex:commandButton> in page register.
Although it had been working and accepting registrations off our website, now the VF page renders a validation error message when user attempts to register.  I cheked to ensure all fields in the relevant objects were set to Read/Write for Guest user - yet no chnage in the outcome.
This VF page provides printout of Opportunity (Application).  In the data table, under the header Site Services, I want specific words to show based on the result of the related checkbox.  For example, if RESID__c = TRUE, I want the word Residential to show.  When I try to insert If, then statements the entire statement shows in the box.  As written now, a checkbox shows with or without checkmark depending on the selection on the application.  How do I do this?  Below is the code for the column.

<apex:column >
                                        <apex:facet name="header"><p Class="SF_Headers">Site Services</p></apex:facet>
                                        <apex:outputField value="{!s.RESID__c}"  styleClass="SF_Fields"/>
                                        <apex:outputField value="{!s.ADMIN_del__c}" styleClass="SF_Fields"/>
                                         <apex:outputField value="{!s.CLIN__c}" styleClass="SF_Fields"/>
                                        <apex:outputField value="{!s.PREK_del__c}" styleClass="SF_Fields"/>
                                         <apex:outputField value="{!s.DAY_VOC__c}" styleClass="SF_Fields"/>
                                        <apex:outputField value="{!s.EDUC__c}" styleClass="SF_Fields"/>
                                         <apex:outputField value="{!s.EI__c}" styleClass="SF_Fields"/>
                                        <apex:outputField value="{!s.COMMSUPP__c}" styleClass="SF_Fields"/>
Get this fatal error when run VFpage due to problem with extension:
14:16:49.0 (69545363)|FATAL_ERROR|System.SObjectException: SObject row was retrieved via SOQL without querying the requested field: Training_Class__c.Sign_up_Deadline__c Class.IAC_Lobby_Day_Extension.<init>: line 142, column 1

Line 142    isinPast=(course.Sign_up_Deadline__c < date.today()? true:false);

When run VF page get authorization request for Guest User - although no such authorization is indicated in code.

apex:command button value = "Complete Regisration" keeps returning an Error page - Authorization Required You must first log in ...  What can be the issue?
Trying to add new field to exisitng Apex Class that is Controller for a Visual Force page.  Although I added the field (custom field = Self_Direction__c) to the object (Account).  It is accepted under the section following the format of list of other fields  - void getAgencyRec(){ a = SELECT id, Self_Direction__c FROM account where id = :aIDLimit 1];
yet when I try to add it to the section followng the format of a list of other fields - public void saveAgencyRec() { aSaved.Self_Direction__c = app.Self_direction__c;  - I get an error message 
Error: Compile Error: Variable does not exist: Self_Direction__c at line 789 column 36  WHY???
I created a PDF VF page to show the results of a custom object, a staff evaluation form. On occassion the score fields contain 'x' which signifies that the skill is not appliicable to the person being evaluated.  Currently all these skills show on the PDF with the X but I would like to onlly show the skill if the score is not x.  I tried - <If{!DSP_eval__c.xvb5__c} Not=’x’> - but cleraly this is not correct.  Any suggestions? 
An Apex trigger populates a field which then is used within an email alert.  I have changed this Trigger in the past and the changes always took - but this time the code shows the changes but the email remains unchanged?  The last change prior to this one - which went smoothly - was just a few weeks ago.
Then I went into the URL and modified the 'member' to read 'dsptool' and got a message that the URL no longer exists.  Yet when I click onto that URL in the ALL COMMUNITIES display, it takes me to it.
URL in reset password email takes User to inactive community (members) rather than the new active community (dsptool) - I even created an email template with the new active URL and when I tested it that too took me to the old member URL - HELP!!!!!
I could use some assistance. We have a SalesForce customer portal and in a number of my orgs, the reset password email is not being sent to the users, either via the Forgot Password link or the Admin Reset Password button in User tab. The Forgot Username email works as expected though. The Forgot Password flow works fine in some of my other orgs and as far as I can tell, all settings are identical.

I have verified in Setup -> Email Administration -> Deliverability that Access Level is set to 'All email'.
In Setup -> Email Administration -> Test Deliverability, I have verified that I receive all 48 test emails.
In Setup -> Communication Templates -> Email Templates -> Forgot Password, I have tried the 'Send Test and Verify Merge Fields' and received the test email.
The Email Log File shows that all forgot password emails are being delivered and received (although they never actually make it to the inbox).

I am not sure if there is an issue with Site.forgotPassword() or if somehow the Forgot Password email template is not mapped properly to the Forgot Password workflow. I do know that the orgs that are having issues have the same managed package as the orgs that are working.  
Not sure where to go from here?

Any help is appreciated.
I set up a new community in my dev edition but get the following error message when attempting to access it: 
URL No Longer Exists
You have attempted to reach a URL that no longer exists on salesforce.com.

As I set this up yesterday and activated the community today, not sure why it's giving this error message.  How do I fix it?
Hi all, I have one community which is in preview (not activated) mode.Login to the community is working fine but when i am selecting forgot password, the mail im receiving contains wrong link which returns me to home page instead of change password page.Any solution?
We just upgraded/migrated our Customer Portal to the new Customer Communities platform (but kept the Customer Portal licenses and did not migrate to new Communities licenses) and now when we create a new Community User the Welcome email is not sending at all - regardless of whether or not you check "Generate new password and notify user immediately" or not - have tried both ways on initial creation and either way it does not send the welcome email.

In the Manage Communities Setup option we do have "Send welcome email" checked and created a new email template to be used with it. The template is active and Available for Use. All of the Portal Profiles and permissions have been given access to the new Community. 

When I first Published the new Community I did not have the Manage Communities Setup option "Send welcome email" checked because I didn't want to blow up all the existing Users' inbox. We were already sending an email to customers announcing the upgraded Community. But then once it was Published and the new email template was created the setting was checked back to "Send welcome email".

What does work is after you create the new user and leave "Send welcome email" unchecked, Save it. Then go back and click 'Edit' and now check "Send welcome email". That will then send the email template set for the 'Forgot Password' and 'Change Password' options in the Manage Communities Setup options.

And apparently, SFDC changed how they treat these emails from Portal to Communities, but does not mention this in any documentation. In Portals an auto-generated password used to be contained directly in the email template, inserted at the bottom.

Now, in the new Communities, that auto-generated password is no longer included, but they changed how they do this for security reasons (winter 14 release update apparently) and instead of sending a username and password in the email they now send a special link that allows people to click and change their password.

The trick is that your forgot your password email template needs to include this special merge field (undocumented anywhere by SFDC from what I found):

{!Community_Url}

If you include that it will be replaced with a special url that allows the user to change their password and logs them in. Thread where I first found this out: http://salesforce.stackexchange.com/questions/17887/communities-forgot-password-emails

This is being successfully included in the 'Forgot Password' and 'Change Password' email templates that were created. So when I go back to the newly created User and click 'Edit' and now check "Send welcome email", it does send the email template set for the 'Forgot Password' and 'Change Password' options to the new user and they are able to get in after setting their password.

Any ideas or help you can provide??

Thanks,
Alex

Hi All,

I am having really tough time dealing with Salesforce Test classes.

My first problem is when I write a test class, then the class I am testing does not show up in Overall Code Coverage.

Then when I click on test the class does show up in Class Code Coverage and show me the coverage % but when I click on it it opens without the colors telling me which line is covered and which is not.

Please let me know how to resolve this.

Thanks.

Hi I'm working on communities and would like to customize the change password page that is displayed to the customer after a password reset. This is the url to the default changepassword-     /_ui/system/security/ChangePassword.  I have customized the changepassword vf page that Salesforce provides but when I try to test it out it still takes me back to the same old SF default changepassword. After much digging it appears to me that the changepassword vf page that's provided with the communities is tied to the user's personal profile. My question is where is the right page that needs to be customized or how can I make the change password link take the user to the custom page. Or is it even possible?

Thanks. 

• October 02, 2013