• 0 Points
  • Member since 2014

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I hope I explain this correctly: I have a time-based workflow rule that is supposed to kick off an hour after a new record is created. An automated process creates these records and more than one record may be created by the automated process.

When the time-based workflow rule executes it updates a single checkbox. When the checkbox is checked an After Update Trigger executes. The After Update Trigger checks to see if the newly insert record is a duplicate of an existing record. If it is a duplicate, the trigger updates the existing record with data from the duplicate record. A copy of the duplicate record is sent to another object to record that a duplicate did exist. The duplicate record is then deleted.

If there is only one newly inserted record everything works as it should. However, if there are two or more newly inserted records only the first record is processed as it should. The second record is also processed by the Time Based Workflow and the field update occurs; however, the After Update Trigger never executes against the second record. I have the debug log, but have no way of posting it here as it is too long.

I hope I explain this correctly: I have a time-based workflow rule that is supposed to kick off an hour after a new record is created. An automated process creates these records and more than one record may be created by the automated process.

When the time-based workflow rule executes it updates a single checkbox. When the checkbox is checked an After Update Trigger executes. The After Update Trigger checks to see if the newly insert record is a duplicate of an existing record. If it is a duplicate, the trigger updates the existing record with data from the duplicate record. A copy of the duplicate record is sent to another object to record that a duplicate did exist. The duplicate record is then deleted.

If there is only one newly inserted record everything works as it should. However, if there are two or more newly inserted records only the first record is processed as it should. The second record is also processed by the Time Based Workflow and the field update occurs; however, the After Update Trigger never executes against the second record. I have the debug log, but have no way of posting it here as it is too long.