• 10 Points
  • Member since 2014

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Is it possible to get the lead owner's manger's email to be displayed in a formula field?

We are trying to send an alert to the owner's manager if a lead has not been worked on in 24 hours after it has arrived. 

How can we go about doing this?

I have identified the following vectors, but I am still blocked from completing the challenge. What am I missing?

<apex:page controller="Built_In_XSS_Protections_Challenge" sidebar="false" tabStyle="Built_In_XSS_Protections_Challenge__tab">
<apex:sectionHeader title="Built-In XSS Protections Challenge" />
<apex:form >
    <apex:pageBlock >
        <c:Classic_Error />
        <apex:pageMessages />      
        <apex:pageBlockSection title="Demo" columns="1" id="tableBlock">          

<apex:outputText value="{!sampleMergeField1}"/>
            <!-- Line 9 is vulnerable to XSS: NO -->

<apex:outputText value="{!sampleMergeField2}" escape="false"/>
            <!-- Line 13 is vulnerable to XSS: YES -->

<apex:outputText >
                {!sampleMergeField3}
            </apex:outputText>
            <!-- Line 18 is vulnerable to XSS: YES / NO -->

<style>
                .foo {
                    color: #{!sampleMergeField4};
                }
            </style>
            <!-- Line 25 is vulnerable to XSS: YES -->

{!sampleMergeField5}
            <!-- Line 31 is vulnerable to XSS: NO -->

<script>
                var x = '{!sampleMergeField6}';
            </script>
            <!-- Line 36 is vulnerable to XSS: YES -->

<apex:outputLabel value="{!sampleMergeField7}" escape="false"/>
            <!-- Line 41 is vulnerable to XSS: YES -->

</apex:pageBlockSection>
        <apex:pageBlockSection title="Code links" columns="1">
            <apex:outputPanel >
                <ul>
                    <li><c:codeLink type="Visualforce" namespace="security_thail" name="Built_In_XSS_Protections_Challenge" description="Visualforce Page"/></li>            
                    <li><c:codeLink type="Apex" namespace="security_thail" name="Built_In_XSS_Protections_Challenge" description="Apex Controller"/></li>
                </ul>
            </apex:outputPanel>        
        </apex:pageBlockSection>        
    </apex:pageBlock>          
</apex:form>              
</apex:page>

I am unable to see "Upcoming Events" as a standard component in my org. I have tried to find this component in two trailhead playground orgs, but not able to see it.

This is the trail I am trying to complete.

https://trailhead.salesforce.com/modules/sales_admin_salesforce_sales_process_and_you/units/sales_admin_basic_customizations_unit_2

How do I find that component?
I have a visual force page. I have two values on this page that I need to pass to its controller. I am able to put these values in hidden fields on the page. I am now trying to use an apex:actionFunction to send them over to the controller. 

Here is my relevant section of the VF Page.
<apex:actionFunction name="passStringToController" immediate="true" action="{!saveCaseRecord}" rerender="">
                        <apex:param name="p1" value="{!Case.Type}" assignTo="{!CaseType}" />
                        <apex:param name="p2" value="{!Case.Case_Type_Details__c}" assignTo="{!CaseSubType}" />
                    </apex:actionFunction>

Here is the relevant section of the apex controller code.
public PageReference saveCaseRecord()
{
            System.Debug('BeforE calling createCase');
            System.Debug('CaseType ' + CaseType);
            System.Debug('CaseSubType ' + CaseSubType);
}

I am definitely missing a piece here, because I am getting a null each time in the controller. I wrote a javascript function, but I don't believe it is firing. I am never getting the alert on my view page.
function passStringToController()
      {
        alert('We need to pass stuff from here');
      }

I am trying to complete the trailhead challenge
Admin Beginner  --> Lightning Experience Reports & Dashboards --> Format Reports

The issue I have faced is that I could not find any Report Type that said "cases". How can I go about selecting a report type that does not seem to exist?
User-added image

I am trying to complete the challenge in my developer org. I am getting the following error.

The import file I downloaded does not have any account name in it. I have noticed these colums in the csv file.
FNAME,LNAME,CELL,EMAIL,SALUTATION,TITLE

This challenge is located at

https://developer.salesforce.com/trailhead/en/data_management/data_import

Error in challenge

I created a community user in my Developer Org. Now I am trying to login using python. I am getting an error. If I try the same code with a Partner Portal User, then I am able to login. I have the api enabled on the Customer Community permission set.

Here is my code:

from simple_salesforce import Salesforce
sf = Salesforce(username='rose.gonzalez@edge.com.space', password='*****', security_token='', sandbox=False)

What other permissions do I need?

Thanks,
Abhijit
Ok. I sent an email to lead and copied salesforce with the unique address my instance generated for me. The email, as expected is now a part of the lead record.

What I would like to know is how do I also capture the reply from leads. Currently if the lead does a reply all to my email, I get the email, but salesforce rejects it with the following message:
"Sender not authorized to send".

I want salesforce to accept mails from any valid lead / contact /account email address. Is this something that can be done declaratively?
How can I create a single row object in salesforce?

In oracle, I could do something like this for a single row table:

create table singlerowtable(lastrundate DATE);

create unique index singlerowtable_uk ON singlerowtable('1');

I am trying to call a public facing webservice. I am able to call this webservice using SoapUI and it returns me the output I seek.
I downloaded the wsdl and generated a wsdl class. After generating the wsdl class, I tried to invoke this in an Execute Anonymous block of code.
The webservice is hosted at: http://peopleask.ooz.ie/soap
The block of code I used to call the service is:

peopleaskOozIeSoap.PeopleAskServiceSoap mypass = new peopleaskOozIeSoap.PeopleAskServiceSoap();
peopleaskOozIeSoap.ArrayOfstring hoos = new peopleaskOozIeSoap.ArrayOfstring();
hoos =  mypass.GetQuestionsAbout('lauren bacall');

The error I am facing is:
FATAL_ERROR|System.CalloutException: Web service callout failed: Unexpected element. Parser was expecting element 'http://peopleask.ooz.ie/soap:GetQuestionsAboutResponse' but found ':Questions'

What am I doing wrong? How can I call this webservice? 

Is it possible to get the lead owner's manger's email to be displayed in a formula field?

We are trying to send an alert to the owner's manager if a lead has not been worked on in 24 hours after it has arrived. 

How can we go about doing this?

Hello:

I am getting the following error:
Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong:
The 'Name' and 'Feedback' fields either do not appear on the new action page layout or they are not the only fields present.

I do have this on the page layout. So, I am not sure what I am missing. Please help!

Screenshot
Hi,

Im trying to do this challende on Admin Begnner and keep getting this error

Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
The 'Name' and 'Feedback' fields either do not appear on the new action page layout or they are not the only fields present.

Any Ideas?

I am trying to complete the challenge in my developer org. I am getting the following error.

The import file I downloaded does not have any account name in it. I have noticed these colums in the csv file.
FNAME,LNAME,CELL,EMAIL,SALUTATION,TITLE

This challenge is located at

https://developer.salesforce.com/trailhead/en/data_management/data_import

Error in challenge

I created a community user in my Developer Org. Now I am trying to login using python. I am getting an error. If I try the same code with a Partner Portal User, then I am able to login. I have the api enabled on the Customer Community permission set.

Here is my code:

from simple_salesforce import Salesforce
sf = Salesforce(username='rose.gonzalez@edge.com.space', password='*****', security_token='', sandbox=False)

What other permissions do I need?

Thanks,
Abhijit
Help please - I am trying to complete the Lightning Challenge here:

https://developer.salesforce.com/trailhead/lightning_components/lightning_components_creating

But when I submit I am told it is wrong:

The component does not include an H1 tag with a 'headline' CSS class

My component reads:

<!-- MyLightningComponent.cmp -->
<aura:component implements="force:appHostable"> 
    <div class="headline">
        <H1>Hello Lightning Component!</H1>
    </div>    
</aura:component>

and I have a Style:

.THIS {
    background-color: yellow;
    padding-top: 10px;
}

H1.THIS {
    font-size:24px;
}

.THIS H1{
    font-weight: bold;
    padding: 10px;
}

.THIS.headline {
    padding-top: 20px;
    font-size:24px;
}

.THIS .red {
    background-color: red;
}

.THIS .blue {
    background-color: blue;
}

.THIS .green {
    background-color: green;
}

Can anyone describe what I have done wrong?
How can I create a single row object in salesforce?

In oracle, I could do something like this for a single row table:

create table singlerowtable(lastrundate DATE);

create unique index singlerowtable_uk ON singlerowtable('1');

I am trying to call a public facing webservice. I am able to call this webservice using SoapUI and it returns me the output I seek.
I downloaded the wsdl and generated a wsdl class. After generating the wsdl class, I tried to invoke this in an Execute Anonymous block of code.
The webservice is hosted at: http://peopleask.ooz.ie/soap
The block of code I used to call the service is:

peopleaskOozIeSoap.PeopleAskServiceSoap mypass = new peopleaskOozIeSoap.PeopleAskServiceSoap();
peopleaskOozIeSoap.ArrayOfstring hoos = new peopleaskOozIeSoap.ArrayOfstring();
hoos =  mypass.GetQuestionsAbout('lauren bacall');

The error I am facing is:
FATAL_ERROR|System.CalloutException: Web service callout failed: Unexpected element. Parser was expecting element 'http://peopleask.ooz.ie/soap:GetQuestionsAboutResponse' but found ':Questions'

What am I doing wrong? How can I call this webservice? 
Hello all,

I'm having a strange issue with my Eclipse Force.com IDE.

Before version 31.0 came out and since it came out, I've been working on my main computer which has version 30.0 of Apex installed. With this version, Eclipse allows me to save a file, it will go through the Building Workspace process, and it will save the file to production as long as it passes all the checks.

I have a different computer that I have installed Eclipse and API version 31.0 on today. When I attempt to save a changed file, it starts the Building Workspace process, then after a few seconds stops with no error or warning messages without saving the changes to production. 

I tried both ways with the developer console open. The first way was fine with no messages popping up, and the log showed that it was successful. When I tried to save in version 31.0, it gives me the message "Can't alter metadata in an active org".

If I switch to Work Offline mode and save the file, then right click -> Force.com -> Save to server, it proceeds to save to production. However, this is a much slower process, as I can't edit any other files while waiting for that to save.

Any suggestions to resolve this issue are much appreciated.

Thank you.