• Member since 2014
  • System Administrator

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Attempting to complete the module by installing the Salesforce Adoption Dashboards package -- receiving an error:

Package Not Found
The requested package does not exist or has been deleted. Please contact the package publisher for assistance. If this is a recently uploaded package, please try again soon. 
I'm experiencing a signficant delay when attempting to install the managed package to complete the Security Superbadge -- over 45 minutes and no email marking completion or evidence the component(s) have installed.  I think it's just an Apex class so flagging in case there's a systemic issue.
Hi,

We have a  logic string in the vf page, I would like to verify the string in my controller. The logic string is any combination of (1 and (2 and (3 or 4))).

Every number have to be included and only appear 1 once.

Thanks,
I have a wrapper class which have a boolean value for checkbox and an identifier class, in Identifier class, there is a lookup field attribute_value__c. It seems that I can not get the picked value for attribute_value__c field in controller, always return null value. any clues?

<apex:pageBlockTable id="tblIden" value="{!IdentifiersList}" var="i">
                    <apex:column width="25px">                       
                            <apex:inputCheckbox value="{!i.selected}" />                               
                    </apex:column>
                    <apex:column value="{!i.identifier.Identifier_Type__c}" headerValue="Type"/>  
                    <apex:column value="{!i.identifier.name}" headerValue="Name"/>  
                    <apex:column >
                        <apex:facet name="header">Attribute Value</apex:facet>
                        <apex:inputField value="{!i.identifier.Attribute_Value__c }" rendered="{!IF(i.identifier.Identifier_Type__c='Attribute','True','False')}"/>                     
                </apex:pageBlockTable>
Hi,

We want to display a list of string ( from a object) to let user pick, after they pick some values, for example A, B , C and D, and then user can put some logic for the selection, like (A and B) OR (C and D). My questions are
1. how to valid this logic string?
2. We are going to have a conjunction object to hold the relationship between selectd item with parent, how can we store this logic information?

Thanks,

Jingli
Hi,

We are looking for a map application which can show salesforce data and it is public, so that users don't need to login to salesforce to view the map. The map should be able to show multiple data in the same spot also be able to filter or search the data and it should work well in the phone too. We have tried CartoDB, but trying to find whether there is some better ones. Thanks,
Can manager access the record shared to the team member?
It happend since two days ago, I can not save anything in developer Console. It always display "saving: ....*", no error retured. in the process tab, The status for all entried is finished though. I have tried to cancel save or cancell all deployments, and create a new workplace. none of those worked. Could anyone help?
Hi,

We have a salesforce app need to be integrated with an external system. We need be able to

either when a field in a salesforc custom object get changed, update the external system as well, (I guess I could use trigger do a httprequest for this?)

Or the external system get the data directly from salesforce.

I have no idea which way is better and how to implement it. Any suggestion appreciated.

Hi, 

We have custom objects, Event, Contact, Account, Event with Contact(master-detail relationship with Event and Contact), Contact with Account(master-detail relationship with Contact and Account). We would like to have a report which show the event with the contacts and its accounts if there is any. Any ideas how to do it? I tried to use join report, and pick two relationship objects, but the contact is not listed as common field. Any ideas?
Hi,

We would like to sent a reminder email to users for the open project which is 2 weeks before its end date. To use process builder, I know there are only 2 ways to have time dependent actions, 1. when create a new record. 2, when create and edit record and specified changes are made to the record. I think I should use the 2nd way which is when create and edit record and specified changes are made. there is no specified changes made so the action is not in the schedule list. How should I implement this in process builder?

So we like to have a time dependent email alert, for example 2 weeks before close date. The email need to send to the children records email fields, also different children would see their own data which has a link. I don't think the email template can do it. I need to have a custom apex code, but I don't know how time dependent workflow can call my apex code.
There is none in lightning component page, and no new button neither. Don't see any components shown up in lightning app builder neither. Any ideas?
We have many profiles have un-necessary read, edit permission on account and contact. Modify each profile is painful, is there a faster way to do remove accessibility to account and contact? As I remember when I create a profile without reading access to account , contact, it wouldnot let me save it. pop up error saying that I need to add read access to account and contact. But after I save the profile, and remove the read access to account and contact, no errors pop out. Anybody know why? 
Hi,

We have different sub schools, sub schools has their centers, center has their departments. should I use Account to store the them, and then add people in the contacts?  what's the approriate approach for it?
I have enabled the google drive, but I don't see the option in chatter to be able to upload a file from my google drive. any ideas?

Thanks,
I saw by default there are Recently Viewed Contacts, Birthdays this Month ane new this month. How can I change the existing menu?

Jingli
Hi,
I want to have a report to display all our projects with some project fields, also the related children, recommendations, of project with their fields. Is there a way to have multiple fields in one group level or how to remove the duplication in the report?

Hi,

We have set up workflow email alerts on a custom object, and sent email to the custom email fields in this object. We would like to know how many email is invalid in the report. Any ideas how to do it?

Thanks,

Hi,

I am trying to use process builder for the first time. Basically I need to check a custom object, if the record satisfied with some condition, add a children record. But I don't see any pencil marker in create a record, so I can not define the value for the fields of children record. Did I miss anything?

Jingli
Attempting to complete the module by installing the Salesforce Adoption Dashboards package -- receiving an error:

Package Not Found
The requested package does not exist or has been deleted. Please contact the package publisher for assistance. If this is a recently uploaded package, please try again soon. 
It happend since two days ago, I can not save anything in developer Console. It always display "saving: ....*", no error retured. in the process tab, The status for all entried is finished though. I have tried to cancel save or cancell all deployments, and create a new workplace. none of those worked. Could anyone help?
Hi,

We have a salesforce app need to be integrated with an external system. We need be able to

either when a field in a salesforc custom object get changed, update the external system as well, (I guess I could use trigger do a httprequest for this?)

Or the external system get the data directly from salesforce.

I have no idea which way is better and how to implement it. Any suggestion appreciated.

Hi,

We have one master object which has 6 master-detail children objects. As I know there is no way to make master-detail field read only in creating new children page. So I want to code my own dynamic page which can be used for all children objects.  My plan is
1. Create a vf page, this page has to be dynamic generated, based on which object be passed in parameter.
2. create a custom button for every children object and pass the parentid and children object name to this vf page.

Is this possible? is there any sample code that I could reference?

The error they got is your company's single sign on configuration is invalid. Any idea?

Jingli
I'm experiencing a signficant delay when attempting to install the managed package to complete the Security Superbadge -- over 45 minutes and no email marking completion or evidence the component(s) have installed.  I think it's just an Apex class so flagging in case there's a systemic issue.
I have a wrapper class which have a boolean value for checkbox and an identifier class, in Identifier class, there is a lookup field attribute_value__c. It seems that I can not get the picked value for attribute_value__c field in controller, always return null value. any clues?

<apex:pageBlockTable id="tblIden" value="{!IdentifiersList}" var="i">
                    <apex:column width="25px">                       
                            <apex:inputCheckbox value="{!i.selected}" />                               
                    <apex:column value="{!i.identifier.Identifier_Type__c}" headerValue="Type"/>  
                    <apex:column value="{!i.identifier.name}" headerValue="Name"/>  
                    <apex:column >
                        <apex:facet name="header">Attribute Value</apex:facet>
                        <apex:inputField value="{!i.identifier.Attribute_Value__c }" rendered="{!IF(i.identifier.Identifier_Type__c='Attribute','True','False')}"/>                     
                </apex:pageBlockTable>
Hi,

We want to display a list of string ( from a object) to let user pick, after they pick some values, for example A, B , C and D, and then user can put some logic for the selection, like (A and B) OR (C and D). My questions are
1. how to valid this logic string?
2. We are going to have a conjunction object to hold the relationship between selectd item with parent, how can we store this logic information?

Thanks,

Jingli
I saw by default there are Recently Viewed Contacts, Birthdays this Month ane new this month. How can I change the existing menu?

Jingli

Hi,

We have set up workflow email alerts on a custom object, and sent email to the custom email fields in this object. We would like to know how many email is invalid in the report. Any ideas how to do it?

Thanks,

Hi, 

I have code below, and found the font size for the checkbox are bigger than selectRadio, so I was trying to add "style="font-size:100%" to the selectcheckbox, but it seems not working. anybody knows how make make the font size same?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
               <apex:selectRadio value="{!mentorType}" layout="pageDirection" label="Mentor Type">                    
                    <apex:selectOptions value="{!mentorTypes}"/>                    
                </apex:selectRadio>

<apex:selectRadio value="{!duration}"  layout="pageDirection" label="Requested Duration for Mentoring Relationship">                    
                    <apex:selectOptions value="{!durations}"/>                    
                </apex:selectRadio>

<apex:selectCheckboxes value="{!selectedInterests}"  label="Interest Areas" layout="pageDirection" style="font-size:100%">                                  <apex:selectOptions value="{!interests}" />                    
                </apex:selectCheckboxes>
Hi,

We have a custom object which have 4 record types, each link to their own pagelayout, but when user try to create a new record, always record type are always saved as one type not the type user selected earlier. I have check the user profile, all 4 record types are available for them. what could cause it?
Hi,

I have a custom object, myrequest__c, which has a checkbox field, resent__c. I want to have a workflow rule on this object when created, and everytime is edited. The condition is AND(ISCHANGED(resent__c), resent__c!=false). and there are two email alerts and one field update in the rule. What we want is whenever the data is created or the resent field is checked, the emails should send to sender and receiver and then change the resent field to false. But I found the only one email sent out, not the other one, is there a way to make sure the order of the workflow actions?
Hi,
I have a page which trigger some actions(search for example) in the controller, the link likes
https://********force.com/medfacultysignup/GUMEDMentorPage?Mentoree=a1gK0000000twiJIAQ
If I use "return null" at the end of the search method of the controller, the link will change to
https://********force.com/medfacultysignup/GUMEDMentorPage

So I tried to set

urlVal = Apexpages.currentPage().getUrl();
mypage = new Pagereference(urlVal);
In the controller and return to mypage in the search method, but it seems not working.

Any ideas?

how to have a outputlink or buttonlink redirect to a flow in visualforce page ?

Thanks
Hi,

We have one master object which has 6 master-detail children objects. As I know there is no way to make master-detail field read only in creating new children page. So I want to code my own dynamic page which can be used for all children objects.  My plan is
1. Create a vf page, this page has to be dynamic generated, based on which object be passed in parameter.
2. create a custom button for every children object and pass the parentid and children object name to this vf page.

Is this possible? is there any sample code that I could reference?

Hi,

We are using Flow to develop some simple pages. One of them have a checkbox and a textarea. The textarea field should only enabled when checkbox checked. Does anyone know how to implement this?

Thanks,
Hi,

We need to have 2 record counts for one record type in a joined report. Participants account based on the type and Participants account who got cert based on the type. I can not add same record type twice. anyone knows how to implement this?

Thanks,
Hi,

I have a visualforce page code below. Basically a checkbox and a input text, by click checkbox, show inputtext, uncheck it, not show input text. It works perfectly fine when edit a record. But when I create a new record, it isn't working. Any ideas?

<apex:outputPanel id="otherPrograms">  
                     {!OSFS_Grad_Student_Supplement__c.Other__c}       
                        <apex:pageBlockSectionItem >
                            <apex:inputcheckbox value="{!OSFS_Grad_Student_Supplement__c.Other__c   }" id="Other">
                                <apex:actionSupport event="onchange" rerender="otherPrograms" />
                            </apex:inputcheckbox>
                            <apex:outputLabel value="Other (List Program:)" for="Other"/>
                        </apex:pageBlockSectionItem>

<apex:pageBlockSectionItem >
                            <apex:InputField value="{!OSFS_Grad_Student_Supplement__c.Other_Programs__c}"  rendered="{!OSFS_Grad_Student_Supplement__c.Other__c}" />
                        </apex:pageBlockSectionItem>

</apex:outputPanel>