• 30 Points
  • Member since 2014

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
We are developing a .net portal that displays cases from multiple salesforce instances. A user of the portal could take a case - at which point an account would be provisioned in Salesforce and they would be logged in using single sign on. We would like this process to be as seamless as possible to the user.

The problem is, every time an account is created Salesforce is going to want to send out a confirmation email. Is there any way to provision credentials without the confirmation email? 
We have developed a REST service that should be pinged from Authorize.net's Silent Post URL feature with an XML post that we can ingest. It works when we test it manually from the apex workbench, but we're seeing nothing come through from Authorize.net. Authorize.net has given us the specific IP addresses we should see traffic from, is there any way to see a log to know if any attempts were even made? 
Salesforce1 and Lightening do not support URL Hacks. What alternatives do we have to pre-populate an editable field? 
I want to use flow to create an Opportunity and a couple of related objects. The user will access the flow from a link on the Account record. Upon finish I would like the user to be directed to the newly created Opportunity.

I know in the flow link I can use the returl variable, but since I don't yet know what the new record ID will be is there another means of directing the user when the flow finishes?
I have created a Flow that is embedded in a public Visualforce Site. Everything worked when testing my Flow, but now that it is running on a public site I'm getting the following error:

error code 08: UPSERT --- UPSERT FAILED --- ERRORS : (CANNOT_INSERT_UPDATE_ACTIVATE_ENTITY) entity type cannot be inserted: Contact --- for SFDC record with ID : null,

The profile has read/write acces to the contact object, to all contact record types, all contact fields, and I tried specifying the ownerid as a licensed user. I can't figure out the problem
On my opportunity I have a lookup to a contact record. When I save an opportunity I want to update a checkbox on the contact record. 

here is my code:

trigger flagDonor on Opportunity (after insert) {
    for (Opportunity opp : Trigger.new){

//Check and see if there is an individual donor attached to this donation      
       if(opp.Individual__c!=null){

//update the donor contact to flag as a financial donor
           opp.Individual__r.financial_donor__c = TRUE;
        }       
    }
}

but I'm getting this error:
System.NullPointerException: Attempt to de-reference a null object: Trigger.flagDonor: line 8, column 1
I'm trying to help a nonprofit organization with the following issue that I think is probably an easy fix, but I just don't know Salesforce1 well enough

• Custom object “Time Tracking” as a related list (master-detail) under Cases. From a mobile device they need to be able to add time to a case.
  • In Salesforce1 – if they pull up a case record and go to the related list screen, there is no add new button
  • In Salesforce1 – if they go first to the time tracking tab and create new, the lookup dialogue to cases only shows the case number. They need to see the case subject, but I don’t see that you can customize that lookup.
  • My idea for a workaround was a formula field – a hyperlink to add a new time tracking record with the case link pre-populated. But this wasn’t working.
We have developed a REST service that should be pinged from Authorize.net's Silent Post URL feature with an XML post that we can ingest. It works when we test it manually from the apex workbench, but we're seeing nothing come through from Authorize.net. Authorize.net has given us the specific IP addresses we should see traffic from, is there any way to see a log to know if any attempts were even made? 
Salesforce1 and Lightening do not support URL Hacks. What alternatives do we have to pre-populate an editable field? 
Hello All,

I am trying to create a community user, i went through the folowing steps:
1. Created an account.
2. Created a contact
3. On the contact detail page, clicked on 'Manage external user' and created a user.

The issue is that when the external user is created, that external user is not receiving the welcome email or the reset password email. 
Hi,
we created a managed package where we also deliver picklist values to a global picklist which is included in the package.
After we deployed this package on a subscriber org and on the subscriber org, we added new picklist values and disabled some values which came with the package in the mentioned global picklist.
On upgrading the manage package, all changes made on the subscribe for this global picklist is gone.

If I understand this description correctly: https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.packagingGuide.meta/packagingGuide/packaging_component_behavior.htm

Picklist Values
Subscribers can rename or delete picklist field values. Carefully consider this when explicitly referencing a picklist field value in Apex.
Picklist field values can be added or deleted in the developer’s org. Upon upgrade, no new values are installed. Values deleted by the developer are still available in the subscriber’s org until the subscriber deletes them.

So this should not happen, right ?
  • January 11, 2018
We are developing a .net portal that displays cases from multiple salesforce instances. A user of the portal could take a case - at which point an account would be provisioned in Salesforce and they would be logged in using single sign on. We would like this process to be as seamless as possible to the user.

The problem is, every time an account is created Salesforce is going to want to send out a confirmation email. Is there any way to provision credentials without the confirmation email? 
I have created a Flow that is embedded in a public Visualforce Site. Everything worked when testing my Flow, but now that it is running on a public site I'm getting the following error:

error code 08: UPSERT --- UPSERT FAILED --- ERRORS : (CANNOT_INSERT_UPDATE_ACTIVATE_ENTITY) entity type cannot be inserted: Contact --- for SFDC record with ID : null,

The profile has read/write acces to the contact object, to all contact record types, all contact fields, and I tried specifying the ownerid as a licensed user. I can't figure out the problem
I'm trying to help a nonprofit organization with the following issue that I think is probably an easy fix, but I just don't know Salesforce1 well enough

• Custom object “Time Tracking” as a related list (master-detail) under Cases. From a mobile device they need to be able to add time to a case.
  • In Salesforce1 – if they pull up a case record and go to the related list screen, there is no add new button
  • In Salesforce1 – if they go first to the time tracking tab and create new, the lookup dialogue to cases only shows the case number. They need to see the case subject, but I don’t see that you can customize that lookup.
  • My idea for a workaround was a formula field – a hyperlink to add a new time tracking record with the case link pre-populated. But this wasn’t working.