• 25 Points
  • Member since 2014

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
We find Salesforce Files Sync very interesting, and have a collection of files we'd like users to have synce'd to their laptops/ipads etc.   The question is how to make sure the users will sync those files?    We noticed the "sync" next to a file does not appear until the user logs in at least once from a Salesforce File Sync enabled desktop client.

In what object would we be able to pre-load / dataload a record to tie a user id to a contentID for File Sync in advance, so we don't have to rely on our users to execute a click on the "sync" link  on these files?
I was directed here by SFDC Support when I created a case in the regular support site.  We enabled Chatter Answers and now our developers are not able to deploy code due to an error in the test coverage for custom triggers created by Chatter Answers.

I found a technote that says this is a known issue: and SFDC can send us a corrected test class.

Here is the link describing the known issue. Please send us corrected test class for Chatter Answers.  I was shocked that enabling that check box created code coverage issues for us.  The trigger also assumes there is a QuestionID field and a CommunityID field in the case object.  Do we need to add those custom fields manually for Chatter Answers to work?

https://success.salesforce.com/answers?id=90630000000hXAqAAM

ChatterAnswerEscalationTriggerTest error when trying to deploy custom code.
Trying to deploy code we get the error that we cannot deploy our custom code. ChatterAnswersEscalationTriggerTest.validateQuestionEscalation() Class 16 1 Failure Message: "System.DmlException: Update failed. First exception on row 0 with id 90680000000GqQ5AAK; first error: CANNOT_INSERT_UPDATE_ACTIVATE_ENTITY, chatter_answers_question_escalation_to_case_trigger: execution of AfterUpdate caused by: System.EmailException: SendEmail failed. First exception on row 0; first error: IN...

On the Hands-On Challenge for Create a Trailhead Playground, it has not created the playground. I let ht run for an hour this am. 
After which time I closed the window. came back about 5 hours latter and it is still in the same spot "Our Robots are still working..."
HELP!!!!

This is so frustrating!!!

I was directed here by SFDC Support when I created a case in the regular support site.  We enabled Chatter Answers and now our developers are not able to deploy code due to an error in the test coverage for custom triggers created by Chatter Answers.

I found a technote that says this is a known issue: and SFDC can send us a corrected test class.

Here is the link describing the known issue. Please send us corrected test class for Chatter Answers.  I was shocked that enabling that check box created code coverage issues for us.  The trigger also assumes there is a QuestionID field and a CommunityID field in the case object.  Do we need to add those custom fields manually for Chatter Answers to work?

https://success.salesforce.com/answers?id=90630000000hXAqAAM

ChatterAnswerEscalationTriggerTest error when trying to deploy custom code.
Trying to deploy code we get the error that we cannot deploy our custom code. ChatterAnswersEscalationTriggerTest.validateQuestionEscalation() Class 16 1 Failure Message: "System.DmlException: Update failed. First exception on row 0 with id 90680000000GqQ5AAK; first error: CANNOT_INSERT_UPDATE_ACTIVATE_ENTITY, chatter_answers_question_escalation_to_case_trigger: execution of AfterUpdate caused by: System.EmailException: SendEmail failed. First exception on row 0; first error: IN...

I am trying to write a trigger to chang the quotelineitem's sort order by copying the item number, which is a custom field. I am recieving the following error:

Compile Error: Field is not writeable: QuoteLineItem.SortOrder

Here is my code:

trigger LineItemSortOrder on QuoteLineItem (Before Insert, Before Update) {

QuoteLineItem[] q = trigger.new;

for (integer i = 0; i < q.size(); i++) {
      QuoteLineItem nquote = q[i];
      nquote.sortorder = integer.valueof(nquote.Item__c);

}    

}

Is there any way around this error?

Thank you,

ckellie

Hi,
Does any expert know how to set the focus to a specified field in the Visualforce Page?
Best regards!
  • October 23, 2008
I'd like to re-open the discussion of SortOrder on the OpportunityLineItem object. A thread from 3.5 years ago can be located here:
http://community.salesforce.com/sforce/board/message?board.id=general_development&message.id=3154

Looks like people from SF were going to look into it but obviously nothing has come to fruition. The reason I have put this in the Visualforce board is that we have have a few VF applications that could really take advantage of access to this field. Visualforce has also opened up new possibilities to UI design where the ability to manage SortOrder could be useful.

Also, no offense to salesforce.com, but the tool for sorting OpportunityLineItems is not that useful when there are multiple products with the same name. I have actually built a pretty slick sorting application but this is currently useless.

A lot of the concerns were about error handling. What happens if you have 3 line items but sort order is defined as, 1, 2, 2. Or 1, 2, 4. How about just throwing a sortOrder exception and force the developers to write good code?

Ideas? Thoughts?
http://ideas.salesforce.com/article/show/10092062/OpportunityLineItem_SortOrder_to_be_CreatableUpdatable

-Jason

Message Edited by TehNrd on 09-05-2008 01:22 PM
  • September 03, 2008