• 0 Points
  • Member since 2014

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi - I am new to Eclipse and developer illiterate. I am attempting to copy everything from one prodution Org to another production Org using Force IDE and I am running into some issues.

I've created a new project with all 658 metadata components from Org 1 and selected only the custom and standard objects to deploy first (per advice found in old forums) but it's like it doesnt recognize that because my deploy log lists all 658 metadata components, half of which failed and the other say success but I do not show that anything was deployed into the new org. Am I missing some steps?

Does everything have to be a success in order to deploy?

Why didn't the components that were a success deploy to the new org?

Any help is appreciated. Thank you in advance!!
I am new to Eclipse and am trying to copy one Orgs metadata into another Org (both production Orgs). I have extracted the metadata from the first Org but I am having trouble finding steps on how to deploy it to the new Org. I've downloaded ANT but even that is a little confusing for this non-developer. Can anyone provide some guidance?
I've followed the W2L steps online but my leads are not showing up in my sandbox. I have done a few different tests to determine the problem and still nothing. 

I'm wondering if it Is it because our Leads page is a visual Force page? Do I need to modify the code?

<!--  ----------------------------------------------------------------------  -->
<!--  NOTE: Please add the following <META> element to your page <HEAD>.      -->
<!--  If necessary, please modify the charset parameter to specify the        -->
<!--  character set of your HTML page.                                        -->
<!--  ----------------------------------------------------------------------  -->

<META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-type" CONTENT="text/html; charset=UTF-8">

<!--  NOTE: Please add the following <FORM> element to your page.             -->

<form action="http://cs1.salesforce.com/servlet/servlet.WebToLead?encoding=UTF-8" method="POST">

<input type=hidden name="oid" value="00DJ0000003KLf9">
<input type=hidden name="retURL" value="http://blueearthlabs.com">

<label for="first_name">First Name</label><input  id="first_name" maxlength="40" name="first_name" size="20" type="text" /><br>

<label for="last_name">Last Name</label><input  id="last_name" maxlength="80" name="last_name" size="20" type="text" /><br>

<label for="email">Email</label><input  id="email" maxlength="80" name="email" size="20" type="text" /><br>

<label for="company">Company</label><input  id="company" maxlength="40" name="company" size="20" type="text" /><br>

<label for="city">City</label><input  id="city" maxlength="40" name="city" size="20" type="text" /><br>

<label for="state">State/Province</label><input  id="state" maxlength="20" name="state" size="20" type="text" /><br>

<input type="submit" name="submit">

</form>
Hi - I am new to Eclipse and developer illiterate. I am attempting to copy everything from one prodution Org to another production Org using Force IDE and I am running into some issues.

I've created a new project with all 658 metadata components from Org 1 and selected only the custom and standard objects to deploy first (per advice found in old forums) but it's like it doesnt recognize that because my deploy log lists all 658 metadata components, half of which failed and the other say success but I do not show that anything was deployed into the new org. Am I missing some steps?

Does everything have to be a success in order to deploy?

Why didn't the components that were a success deploy to the new org?

Any help is appreciated. Thank you in advance!!
I am new to Eclipse and am trying to copy one Orgs metadata into another Org (both production Orgs). I have extracted the metadata from the first Org but I am having trouble finding steps on how to deploy it to the new Org. I've downloaded ANT but even that is a little confusing for this non-developer. Can anyone provide some guidance?