• 10 Points
  • Member since 2014

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I'm just curious if we can create a training program for new hires so that when they start there is a pre-selected set of training modules they go through so that everyone gets the same basic understand of SFDC.  How can we mointor that they have completed certain modules?

In Opportunity, we track monthly sales.  So there is a Jan_Sales, Feb_Sales, etc. for each month.

I want to create a YTD_Sales field so that each month it adds the next month into is.

I figured this was doable with a case statement, but I keep running into errors with formula being too long.

Any suggestions? Thank you

I am trying to create a trigger so that an error is given when a contact has a duplicate email address AND is not a partticular selection in a pick-list.  When the picklist value = User, Manager, or Exectuive.  If the Picklist value = None, we don't care.
Currently I have it working so that a new record cannot be created (before Insert), however am having trouble getting it to work so that if someone updates a contact an error is given.  Also when trying to correct a contact back to None, I receive the error, bascially not allowing me to fix the incorrect data.

Any suggestions?

trigger CheckDuplicateEmail on Contact (before insert, before update) {
   for (Contact c : Trigger.new){

Contact[] contacts= [select id
                           from Contact 
                           where Email = :c.Email
                           AND elink_Contact_Type__c != 'None'
                           ];

if (contacts.size() > 1 ) {
          c.Email.addError('A Duplicate contact be given a Login - use a different e-mail address or change their contact type');
     }     
   }
}

We have recently started using a plugin to automatically log calls when a call is received.  A small nuance we have noticed is that it logs the call even if the sales rep is not at their desk to answer the call.  This has resulted in thousands of tasks being unncessarily created.  So I am wanting to create a trigger to automatically delete one of these tasks once it has been created.
I just created a sandbox so that I start working this, but is there a how-to I can follow to try and complete this?  I know the criteria I need to match against so as long as the coding is similar to VB or SQL I should be able to complete.

Thanks!

In Opportunity, we track monthly sales.  So there is a Jan_Sales, Feb_Sales, etc. for each month.

I want to create a YTD_Sales field so that each month it adds the next month into is.

I figured this was doable with a case statement, but I keep running into errors with formula being too long.

Any suggestions? Thank you

I am trying to create a trigger so that an error is given when a contact has a duplicate email address AND is not a partticular selection in a pick-list.  When the picklist value = User, Manager, or Exectuive.  If the Picklist value = None, we don't care.
Currently I have it working so that a new record cannot be created (before Insert), however am having trouble getting it to work so that if someone updates a contact an error is given.  Also when trying to correct a contact back to None, I receive the error, bascially not allowing me to fix the incorrect data.

Any suggestions?

trigger CheckDuplicateEmail on Contact (before insert, before update) {
   for (Contact c : Trigger.new){

Contact[] contacts= [select id
                           from Contact 
                           where Email = :c.Email
                           AND elink_Contact_Type__c != 'None'
                           ];

if (contacts.size() > 1 ) {
          c.Email.addError('A Duplicate contact be given a Login - use a different e-mail address or change their contact type');
     }     
   }
}

We have recently started using a plugin to automatically log calls when a call is received.  A small nuance we have noticed is that it logs the call even if the sales rep is not at their desk to answer the call.  This has resulted in thousands of tasks being unncessarily created.  So I am wanting to create a trigger to automatically delete one of these tasks once it has been created.
I just created a sandbox so that I start working this, but is there a how-to I can follow to try and complete this?  I know the criteria I need to match against so as long as the coding is similar to VB or SQL I should be able to complete.

Thanks!

Is it possible to filter out only contact related to an account in a case object. When a case is created from account, it has the account field in case populated with the account name/Id. I want to select contact and the lookup should only show contacts related to this account. Is this possible?
I have a filter criteria case: Account Name ID Equals Contact Name : Account Name : Account ID. Event then it is not working.