• Head of Sales & Marketing Operations
  • SRS Soft

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
We created a custom field on both the Opportunity and Activities called "Next Step" <-- Long Text

I'd like to update the NEXT STEP on the OPPORTUNITY anytime an activity (Event or Task) contains a next step (or is subequently updated).

Our contact records have 3 custom fields that we would like to update from activities being created/updated:
  1. Meeting Date (Date field)
  2. Email Date (Date field)
  3. Task Date (Date field) 
We already have a field on Activity called "Type" that identifies these 3 types of activities: Meeting (Event), Email and Task (Task)

The following is what I'd like to do:

1. Criteria: When Contact record has an Event created/associated to it

Result: Update Meeting Date field on Contact to the Start Date of the Event (this updates each time there is a new event scheduled - with the latest start date always staying in this field)

1. Criteria: When Contact record has an Email Task created

Result: Update Email Date field on Contact to the Created on date of the Email (this updates each time there is a new event scheduled - with the latest start date always staying in this field)

1. Criteria: When Contact record has an Task that is NOT an email (ie Call, etc) created/associated to it

Result: Update Task Date field on Contact to the Due date of the Task (this updates each time there is a new event scheduled - with the latest start date always staying in this field)

We created a custom field on both the Opportunity and Activities called "Next Step" <-- Long Text

I'd like to update the NEXT STEP on the OPPORTUNITY anytime an activity (Event or Task) contains a next step (or is subequently updated).

Our contact records have 3 custom fields that we would like to update from activities being created/updated:
  1. Meeting Date (Date field)
  2. Email Date (Date field)
  3. Task Date (Date field) 
We already have a field on Activity called "Type" that identifies these 3 types of activities: Meeting (Event), Email and Task (Task)

The following is what I'd like to do:

1. Criteria: When Contact record has an Event created/associated to it

Result: Update Meeting Date field on Contact to the Start Date of the Event (this updates each time there is a new event scheduled - with the latest start date always staying in this field)

1. Criteria: When Contact record has an Email Task created

Result: Update Email Date field on Contact to the Created on date of the Email (this updates each time there is a new event scheduled - with the latest start date always staying in this field)

1. Criteria: When Contact record has an Task that is NOT an email (ie Call, etc) created/associated to it

Result: Update Task Date field on Contact to the Due date of the Task (this updates each time there is a new event scheduled - with the latest start date always staying in this field)