• Member since 2014

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi,

I need to update few look up fields of Asset object using Update operation provided by enterprise wsdl.

Please share any example sample SOAP API message\xml if you have on how to update look up fields.

I am getting below error when  I try to update CreatedBy lookup field set up as look up field for User object.Please help.

<message>No fields provided in an external foreign key reference in entity: User</message>
Hi,

I am looking for single SOQL to query Product object based on a field in Opportunity object.Below is our need.Please Please help and provide the query to acheive this.

Fetch the ProductCode and Name fields from Product object where Opportunity Id of OpportunityObject='xyz'.I tried below query it is throwing error:

SELECT Name,(SELECT Product_Code__c,Name from Product2) FROM Opportunity where Opportunity_ID__c = '006R0000008IEQI'

error:Didn't understand relationship 'Product2' in FROM part of query call. If you are attempting to use a custom relationship, be sure to append the '__r' after the custom relationship name. Please reference your WSDL or the describe call for the appropriate names.

If I just execute the query(SELECT Product_Code__c,Name from Product2) it works,but when i combine it with Opportunity object it throws error.

Thanks a lot in advance!!
HI,

I need to query Account records and also opportunities associated with that account based on Account Id using SOAP API enterprise wsdl.

I there a way to fetch this data in a single call,rather than making 2 seperate Query calls.currenlty I am using 2 seperate query calls to achieve this.

Please help.
Thanks in Advance!!
Hi,

Please help me in understanding,Is OU Auth 2.0 the only way to interact with salesforce using rest API'S or does is support the session Id(I,e the session Id we get as part of login menthod in SOAP API).

I am trying to call Query method of REST API by passing the session Id as Authorization header, I get from login method of SOAP API.I am getting below error:
<errorCode>INVALID_SESSION_ID</errorCode>
      <message>Session expired or invalid</message>

below is the url I am calling by passing Authorization header with the value of session Id I am getting from login method form SOAP API.
https://cs2.salesforce.com/services/data/v31.0/query/?q=SELECT ID,name from Contact

Please help.Are there any SOAP UI test cases or samples to refer.I am trying to test from SOAP UI.

Thanks,
Rathna
Hi,

How to Query all the fields in your Salesforce Object using Enterprise WSDL?

I need to retrieve all fields in Account object using Query operation\method in enterprise wsdl.I tired the query "select * from Account",this query with "select *" is not working.it throws error Saying "malformed query and unexpected *" in query.

Please let me know what should be the query to seelct all fields from salesforce account object for enterprise wsdl.

also pl help me in understanding what is the difference between Query and QueryAll method in enterprise wsdl?

Thanks in Advance!!
Hi,

Please advise.I am trying to test query operation of REST API using SOAP UI.I am getting below error:
<h2>HTTP ERROR 405</h2>
      <p>
         Problem accessing /services/Soap/c/31.0/query/. Reason:
         <pre>GET not supported</pre>
      </p>
      <hr/>
      <i>
         <small>Powered by Jetty://</small>

In the SOAP UI,I am manually adding header with name "Authorization" with value of sessionID.Below us the url I am trying for query

https://instance.salesforce.com/services/Soap/c/31.0/query/?q=SELECT ID,name from Account

Are there any samples,if yes please provide the link and advise.Thanks in advance!!
Hi,

I am getting below error while generatign apex classes from enterprise wsdl.Can anyone let me know the solution.

error:Error: Failed to parse wsdl: Unable to find element for {http://xmlns.ieee.org/Internal/BOD/Customer/V2}Address

The element "Address" for which it is throwing does exist within wsdl.

Please advice.
Hi,

I need to make a webservice calout from salesforce.the wsdl of service is importing another schema,I came to know that salesforce doesnt parse the wsdl which imports other schema's.If I remove the import section from wsdl and insert the schema directly within the wsdl,will it work?

Has anyone done this and succeeded?,Please let me know.The service WSDL is a SOA suite 11g webservice.If it works please let me know how to embed the schema withing the wsdl by removing the import statement,any example whould help.
Hi,

I am using enterprise wsdl and want to call Search and Create methods of SOAP API.Can anyone please provide me the correct payload and format to test Search and Create methods for enterprise wsdl using SOAP UI tool.

Below is the SOAP UI request I have for Search method.what should I pass for <searchstring> in the below request.I am able to get the session Id using the login method of API.

<soapenv:Envelope xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" xmlns:urn="urn:enterprise.soap.sforce.com">
   <soapenv:Header>
      <urn:SessionHeader>
 <urn:sessionId></urn:sessionId>
      </urn:SessionHeader>
   </soapenv:Header>
   <soapenv:Body>
      <urn:search>
         <urn:searchString></urn:searchString>
      </urn:search>
   </soapenv:Body>
</soapenv:Envelope>

Also please provide the request for Create method.
Thanks in advance
Hi,

I need to update few look up fields of Asset object using Update operation provided by enterprise wsdl.

Please share any example sample SOAP API message\xml if you have on how to update look up fields.

I am getting below error when  I try to update CreatedBy lookup field set up as look up field for User object.Please help.

<message>No fields provided in an external foreign key reference in entity: User</message>
HI,

I need to query Account records and also opportunities associated with that account based on Account Id using SOAP API enterprise wsdl.

I there a way to fetch this data in a single call,rather than making 2 seperate Query calls.currenlty I am using 2 seperate query calls to achieve this.

Please help.
Thanks in Advance!!
Hi,

Please help me in understanding,Is OU Auth 2.0 the only way to interact with salesforce using rest API'S or does is support the session Id(I,e the session Id we get as part of login menthod in SOAP API).

I am trying to call Query method of REST API by passing the session Id as Authorization header, I get from login method of SOAP API.I am getting below error:
<errorCode>INVALID_SESSION_ID</errorCode>
      <message>Session expired or invalid</message>

below is the url I am calling by passing Authorization header with the value of session Id I am getting from login method form SOAP API.
https://cs2.salesforce.com/services/data/v31.0/query/?q=SELECT ID,name from Contact

Please help.Are there any SOAP UI test cases or samples to refer.I am trying to test from SOAP UI.

Thanks,
Rathna
Hi,

How to Query all the fields in your Salesforce Object using Enterprise WSDL?

I need to retrieve all fields in Account object using Query operation\method in enterprise wsdl.I tired the query "select * from Account",this query with "select *" is not working.it throws error Saying "malformed query and unexpected *" in query.

Please let me know what should be the query to seelct all fields from salesforce account object for enterprise wsdl.

also pl help me in understanding what is the difference between Query and QueryAll method in enterprise wsdl?

Thanks in Advance!!
Hi,

I am using enterprise wsdl and want to call Search and Create methods of SOAP API.Can anyone please provide me the correct payload and format to test Search and Create methods for enterprise wsdl using SOAP UI tool.

Below is the SOAP UI request I have for Search method.what should I pass for <searchstring> in the below request.I am able to get the session Id using the login method of API.

<soapenv:Envelope xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" xmlns:urn="urn:enterprise.soap.sforce.com">
   <soapenv:Header>
      <urn:SessionHeader>
 <urn:sessionId></urn:sessionId>
      </urn:SessionHeader>
   </soapenv:Header>
   <soapenv:Body>
      <urn:search>
         <urn:searchString></urn:searchString>
      </urn:search>
   </soapenv:Body>
</soapenv:Envelope>

Also please provide the request for Create method.
Thanks in advance

hello people,

i try to generate apex classes from WSDL and the error

Failed to parse wsdl: Found schema import from location.............External schema import not supported

i need some help with that.

• August 30, 2013

HI All,

Greetings

I am trying to Integrate Salesforce with SOA Suite. 

Scenario is like this: Account created in Salesforce is sent to Oracle ERP using Oracle SOA Suite.

For this Scenario, I have enabled outbound messages using the Workflow Rule. Now I want to know how to setup SOA suite such that this message is received by SOA Suite.

What is the configuration to be done at SOA Suite.Please do let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Manohar

When I try to create an Apex class from the wsdl, it doesnt parse the wsdl. Salesforce.com throws the following error

Error: Failed to parse wsdl:Unable to find schema for element;

can anyone let me know how can I resolve the error?

Thanks,

Pooja