• 0 Points
  • Member since 2014

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
In spring 16, we have the ability to configure lightning experience nagivation menu. do we have a way to export our configuration as metadata?
I have a simple process which updates all child records when the parent is updated. The problem I'm having is that occassionally a child record will have some data that was entered prior to a validation rule being created - when the process runs this child record fails validation, and in turn, causes the process to fail - returning a pretty cryptic error to the user. Is there a way to gracefully handle errors like these in Process Builder?
Hi,

I'm working on converting our workflow rules to Processes and Flows so that they can be better consolidated and followed by the business.  I am running into the "Unhandled Error" message due to validation rules that are in place.  So, I'd like to determine the "errors" in my flows, and then pass the information into an apex class that will display the message that I use in my validation rules.

I feel as though I am close, but I'm unsure of how to access the invocable variables within the invocable method.  I get an error message on the last line of code when compiling, and am not sure how to accomplish my desired result.  I am pretty new to apex, so any guidance would be much appreciated.  Code and error message below.

Apex Class
public class OpportunityErrorHandling{

// Get variables from flow/process
    public class varList {
        @InvocableVariable(label='Error Message' required=true)
        public String errorMessage;
        @InvocableVariable(label='Opportunity' required=true)
        public Opportunity opp;
    }

// Add error
    @InvocableMethod(
        label='Adds an error to the record'
        description='Will display an error message to the page instead of the unhandled exception error')
    public static void addErrorMessage(List<varList> variables) {
        // Present error message to user
        variables.opp.addError(variables.errorMessage);
    }
}

Error Message
Error: Compile Error: Initial term of field expression must be a concrete SObject: List<OpportunityErrorHandling.varList> at line 17 column 9

Thank you,

Justin