• Junior Developer

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi folks-

I've been working on this problem for several weeks where I've built a VF page to mimic the functionality of Case which includes related list functions such as "Send Email" and "Case Comments"

Instead of rebuilding the functionality of Send Email within VF, I direct the user to those standard pages and then use a redirect to my Visualforce page. 

When the user returns to the page, there is no refresh recording the sent email, the user has to do a hard refresh to see that update. 

The Console methods like Tab refresh explicity states that they don't work with Visualforce pages. Is there any way to accomplish this other than having to rebuild all that functionality within Visualforce?

I am happy to post my code, but it just a PageReference class to point the user back to the VF page. 

Hoping someone else has run across a similar issue. 

Much thanks!

The organization I'm working with has maxed out the capibilities of Record Types and Page Layouts. Using Ajax and the re-render attribute, we're able to build pages which dynamically render based upon some user input values which is extremely helpful. The problem is once the dynamically rendered page is saved, it reverts to the page layout assigned to that profile. How can I maintain the dynamically renderd "saved" page through the lifecycle in this case support ticket. 

I've looked into Dynamic Visualforce Components and injecting VF into the Salesforce page layouts. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. 

Here's an example of a section I'm replicating in Visualforce. I feel like I've travelled the Seven Kingdoms trying to find an answer to this question. Visualforce will evenly distribute the fields between two columns; however, the client would like it to replicate the native page layout, and that means certain fields exist in a certain order and in specific columns. I've tried Style attributes but they only seem to effect the formatting of the field itself and not which column to associate said field. 

<apex:pageBlockSection title="Special Request Tracking" columns="2" rendered="{!Case.Request_Type2__c== 'Special Requests'}">
                   <apex:inputField value="{!Case.Origin}"/>
                   <apex:inputField value="{!Case.ServicingData__c}"/>
                   <apex:inputField value="{!Case.Type_of_Communication__c}"/>
                   <apex:inputText value="{!Case.Contact}"/>
                   <apex:inputField value="{!Case.Requestor_Role__c}"/>
                   <apex:inputField value="{!Case.Exclude_from_CPI_Reporting__c}"/>
             </apex:pageBlockSection>

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
The use case would be if a support agent has ten open tickets, the criteria for "hot" case would differentiate that tab with a color or some other type of indicator. 

I've thought about creating a Tab through VF and populating that page with appropriate case, but it would have to be selected in the drop down rather than a case amongst other cases in the primary tab section. 

Any sniff in the right direction would be helpful and I'll share the completed project once it's done. 

Hi folks-

I've been working on this problem for several weeks where I've built a VF page to mimic the functionality of Case which includes related list functions such as "Send Email" and "Case Comments"

Instead of rebuilding the functionality of Send Email within VF, I direct the user to those standard pages and then use a redirect to my Visualforce page. 

When the user returns to the page, there is no refresh recording the sent email, the user has to do a hard refresh to see that update. 

The Console methods like Tab refresh explicity states that they don't work with Visualforce pages. Is there any way to accomplish this other than having to rebuild all that functionality within Visualforce?

I am happy to post my code, but it just a PageReference class to point the user back to the VF page. 

Much thanks!

Here's an example of a section I'm replicating in Visualforce. I feel like I've travelled the Seven Kingdoms trying to find an answer to this question. Visualforce will evenly distribute the fields between two columns; however, the client would like it to replicate the native page layout, and that means certain fields exist in a certain order and in specific columns. I've tried Style attributes but they only seem to effect the formatting of the field itself and not which column to associate said field. 

<apex:pageBlockSection title="Special Request Tracking" columns="2" rendered="{!Case.Request_Type2__c== 'Special Requests'}">

Hi folks-

Much thanks!

How to display  set of fields only when  a condition is met?  Example if Type = incoming call then I want to display certain set of fields.  we do have FD but  the user don't want to see the fields that are not relevent to the Type selection.