• Member since 2014

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi All,

We have a plan to build a shopping cart application.For that we need to clarify some more doubts.Please check,

1. The customers will register from our UI to SFDC. What will be the user type?
2.  When we adding the user from our application that user can login with their credential to SFDC.
  Is that right way to adding customers to our application?
3.  If the users are not SFDC users, how can the customer authentication works?
Hi Team,

I logged in as sales force user through Java API client.Then I add sales force users from my application.The problem is
users didn't get any notification about reset password.My code for adding user is,

SObject user = new SObject();
            user.setType("user");
            user.setField("LastName", "testuser");
            user.setField("Alias", "testuser");
            user.setField("Email","testuser@gmail.com");
            user.setField("Username","testuser@gmail.com");
            user.setField("CommunityNickname", "Test");
            user.setField("TimeZoneSidKey", "America/Chicago");
            user.setField("LocaleSidKey", "en_US");
            user.setField("LanguageLocaleKey", "es");
            user.setField("EmailEncodingKey", "ISO-8859-1");
            user.setField("ProfileId", "00e90000000EqsdAAC");
            user.setField("UserPermissionsCallCenterAutoLogin","true");
            user.setField("UserPermissionsMarketingUser", "true");
            user.setField("UserPermissionsOfflineUser", "true");
            user.setField("ReceivesAdminInfoEmails", "true");
            user.setField("ReceivesInfoEmails", "true");           

SaveResult[] results = connection.create(new SObject[] { user });

Let me know what is the problem inside this code?But the notification is working when I add that user manually through my salesforce.com account.
Hi Team,
I am a beginner in salesforce.I have created a profile in salesforce.com.And I logged in  through java client application with that user name,password and security token. And I created sales force  users from my java application. How can they login without access sales force.Means they don't know about the
security token.They have only the user name and password. The sales force authentication  is only possible through my client application. My question is Is there any way to login without security token?
Hi Team,

I am a beginner in salesforce. From last week I am in a big confusion and have so many doubts.So please help me. Please check this,

1.  I logged in from my java client application through salesforce api.The parameters which I used for login is username,password,security token.
  Then I added users from my java client application.That time reset password email is not send to users.Means "Generate new password and notify user immediately" check box is unselect when I see that user in salesforce.com. And the notification will send when I manually click the reset password button.
  What will be the actual problem?

2.  After creating a new user how can they login through my own user interface.means the login parameters are user name,password and security token.
  The users don't know about the security token.They will not directly login in salesforce.com.I think the security token only get Setup->My Personal Information->Reset security token-.The connection only through my UI.Is there any way to login without the security token?

3.  How can manage these users under a specific app?Means I have two app App1 and App2.And also have 2 users.U1 and U2.I need to add the UI to A1 and U2 to A2.
Hi Team,
I am a beginner in salesforce.I have created a profile in salesforce.com.And I logged in  through java client application with that user name,password and security token. And I created sales force  users from my java application. How can they login without access sales force.Means they don't know about the
security token.They have only the user name and password. The sales force authentication  is only possible through my client application. My question is Is there any way to login without security token?
Hi Team,

I logged in as sales force user through Java API client.Then I add sales force users from my application.The problem is
users didn't get any notification about reset password.My code for adding user is,

SObject user = new SObject();
            user.setType("user");
            user.setField("LastName", "testuser");
            user.setField("Alias", "testuser");
            user.setField("Email","testuser@gmail.com");
            user.setField("Username","testuser@gmail.com");
            user.setField("CommunityNickname", "Test");
            user.setField("TimeZoneSidKey", "America/Chicago");
            user.setField("LocaleSidKey", "en_US");
            user.setField("LanguageLocaleKey", "es");
            user.setField("EmailEncodingKey", "ISO-8859-1");
            user.setField("ProfileId", "00e90000000EqsdAAC");
            user.setField("UserPermissionsCallCenterAutoLogin","true");
            user.setField("UserPermissionsMarketingUser", "true");
            user.setField("UserPermissionsOfflineUser", "true");
            user.setField("ReceivesAdminInfoEmails", "true");
            user.setField("ReceivesInfoEmails", "true");           

SaveResult[] results = connection.create(new SObject[] { user });

Let me know what is the problem inside this code?But the notification is working when I add that user manually through my salesforce.com account.
Hi Team,

I am a beginner in salesforce. From last week I am in a big confusion and have so many doubts.So please help me. Please check this,

1.  I logged in from my java client application through salesforce api.The parameters which I used for login is username,password,security token.
  Then I added users from my java client application.That time reset password email is not send to users.Means "Generate new password and notify user immediately" check box is unselect when I see that user in salesforce.com. And the notification will send when I manually click the reset password button.
  What will be the actual problem?

2.  After creating a new user how can they login through my own user interface.means the login parameters are user name,password and security token.
  The users don't know about the security token.They will not directly login in salesforce.com.I think the security token only get Setup->My Personal Information->Reset security token-.The connection only through my UI.Is there any way to login without the security token?

3.  How can manage these users under a specific app?Means I have two app App1 and App2.And also have 2 users.U1 and U2.I need to add the UI to A1 and U2 to A2.