• 45 Points
  • Member since 2014

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Is it possible to hide a section on the standard pagelayout based on the picklist selection, For suppose in the below picture 

If i have selected the region as YES in the picklist then it should show the REGION DETAILS section and if the REGION is selected as NO the the REGION DETAILS SECTION Should be hidden.

Please help.

User-added image
  • February 02, 2017
Hi everyone,

With SSO, is is possible to bring over custom values (like the user Roles or Job codes) into custom fields on the User object?  Or is this something that must be handled by a secondary process?

Any experience with this?

Thank you!

JD

Does anybody know if this is a bug, or if there is a reason for this?

If I create a VisualForce page to use as the "New" insert page for Leads, something like this simple example:
<apex:page standardController="Lead" >
    <apex:sectionHeader subtitle="{!Lead.Name}" title="Lead Edit"/>
    <apex:form >
        <apex:pageBlock title="Lead Edit" mode="edit" >
            <apex:pageBlockButtons location="top" >
                <apex:commandButton value="Save" action="{!save}" />
                <apex:commandButton value="Cancel" action="{!cancel}" />
            </apex:pageBlockButtons>
            <apex:pageBlockSection title="Lead Information" columns="1">
                <apex:inputField value="{!Lead.firstName}"  />
                <apex:inputField value="{!Lead.lastName}" />
                <apex:inputField value="{!Lead.Company}" />
                <apex:inputField value="{!Lead.Phone}" />
                <apex:inputField value="{!Lead.MobilePhone}"  />
                <apex:inputField value="{!Lead.Email}" />
                <apex:inputField value="{!Lead.Error__c}" />
            </apex:pageBlockSection>
        </apex:pageBlock>
    </apex:form>
</apex:page>

Notice that the last field is a custom field.  This is a text field where I want to populate a default value.  If I use something like "Default Value" it will work fine, and even if I use the formula editor to enter a value like $Organization.Id, it will still work.  However, if I enter $RecordType.Name, it will break the page and give me an error like this:

An internal server error has occurred
An error has occurred while processing your request. The salesforce.com support team has been notified of the problem. If you believe you have additional information that may be of help in reproducing or correcting the error, please contact Salesforce Support. Please indicate the URL of the page you were requesting, any error id shown on this page as well as any other related information. We apologize for the inconvenience. 

If I use the standard Salesforce view instead of overwriting it with a VisualForce page, this field works just fine, and shows the Record Type name.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Joseph

Hey developers, been using code to replicate the standard Account layout in a Visualforce page, but recently, received a complaint that the map under the address is no longer available.  I've searched the documentation and the internet and can't see anybody talking about it.  Is there something like this available?

<apex:Detail subject="{!$CurrentPage.parameters.Id}" relatedList="true" inLineEdit="true" relatedListHover="true" showChatter="true"  title="true" maps="true" />

The last part: maps="true", doesn't work, wondering if there is an option like this?

Thank you!
Hi everyone, just starting to really get into Lightning development, and I can't figure out if this is possible.

Built a Lightning App that we are embedding in the custom Lightning Opportunity detail page.  It works well, so we were thinking it would be great to put that same app/component into the classic layout by embedding it in a VF page.  It doesn't seem to work, giving some type of cross-domain issue.  Does anybody know if it is possible? 

Here is the code of the VF page I'm trying to embed into the Opportunity layout:

<apex:page standardController="Opportunity">
    <apex:includeLightning />
    <apex:includeScript value="/lightning/lightning.out.js" />
    <div id="lightning" />

<script>
        $Lightning.use("c:controlPanelApp", function() {
          $Lightning.createComponent("taf_myapp:controlPanel",
          { recordId : "{!Opportunity.Id}", sObjectName : "Opportunity" },
          "lightning",
          function(cmp) {
          });
        });
    </script>

Thank you!
Hello troubleshooters!

Really need your suggestions on how we can fix or get around this bug because it is something that has stumped our entire development team...

We have a VF page that we are using (in the Highlighter app) to replace the "view" for Leads.  Here are the most basic elements of the page:

<apex:page standardController="Lead" title="Lead: {!Lead.Name}" id="pg">
     <apex:Detail subject="{!$CurrentPage.parameters.Id}" relatedList="true" inLineEdit="true" relatedListHover="true" showChatter="true"  title="true" />

The view is working great and if you edit through the "Edit" button it also works great.  But if you inline edit and try to save, then you get this horrible error:

Object type not accessible. Please check permissions and make sure the object is not in development mode: Salutation, FirstName, LastName, MiddleName, InformalName, Suffix ^ ERROR at Row:1:Column:51 No such column 'MiddleName' on entity 'Lead'. If you are attempting to use a custom field, be sure to append the '__c' after the custom field name. Please reference your WSDL or the describe call for the appropriate names.. Original queryString was: 'SELECT Id, Name, Salutation, FirstName, LastName, MiddleName, InformalName, Suffix FROM Lead WHERE id = ...

After much research, we now know that the error is completely wrong and what it really should say is that you have too many fields on the page for VisualForce to process.  See this article on this "feature":

https://help.salesforce.com/apex/HTViewSolution?id=000126972&language=en_US

We've verified that if you remove a few fields from my Lead layout, then you are able to get it to work.  It is only after an unknown limit that it starts to fail.  This is crazy!  Any help would be very appreciated...

Thank you,

Joseph
Hello!

Has anybody run into an issue with using encrypted fields in VF pages in a Chatter action?

We've found that we can read encryped fields just fine in our VF page, but as soon as we put it in the Chatter action, we lose the ability to decrypt it in the code.  Please take a look at the attached screenshots of a page we made just to prove the issue.  Notice how the Chatter action in the classic web shows the encrypted value, while everywhere else it works correctly.

In SF1
In Web
VF Page

Here is the code for this page, in case there might be something we are doing wrong:

VF PAGE CODE:
<apex:page controller="TestABC">
 <apex:outputText value="{!privateDestinationAuthToken }" /> 
APEX CONTROLLER CODE:

global with sharing  class TestABC{
    public static uStudioApi api {
        private get;
        private set;
    }
    @TestVisible
    public static String privateDestinationAuthToken {
        get;
        private set;
    }
    static{
         api = uStudioApi.getAutoProvisionedInstance();
         privateDestinationAuthToken = api.getChatterAuthToken();
    }
}

Any help would be very appreciated!!!

Thanks,

Joseph
Hi everyone,

I'm trying to get to the bottom of something for a client.  They have an app installed which has a Protected Custom Setting to keep user data.  It appears that the user data simply disappeared for some of the users, and has to be re-created.

Other than uninstalling and re-installing an app, is there anything that might clear user data from a protected custom setting?  (I have verified the app does not erase the data.)  

If a user is unlicensed from the app and re-licensed, it seems that the custom settings still remain.  And they also remain if you deactivate and then activate the user.  So I'm at a loss as to how this info can be lost.

Any ideas would be very appreciated!

Thanks,

Joseph
Hi everyone,

I am helping build a product and would like users to be able to change an error message (without using the translate feature).  

Is there any way in APEX that I can check for the existence of a Custom Label?  Something like this:

<pre>
// THIS CODE WILL NOT SAVE IF THE "Label.Overwrite_Error" DOESN'T EXIST
String sError = Label.Standard_Error;
If(Label.Overwrite_Error != NULL) sError = Label.Overwrite_Error;
</pre>

Any help would be greatly appreciated!  I don't want to use Custom Settings if at all possible.

Thank you!
Can somebody answer this question related to the governor limit: "Maximum simultaneous requests to URLs with the same host for a callout request" = 20

In the note for the limit, it says: "The host is defined by the unique subdomain for the URL, for example, www.mysite.com and extra.mysite.com are two different hosts. This limit is calculated across all organizations that access the same host. If this limit is exceeded, a CalloutException will be thrown."

QUESTION: Is this saying that if we build out an integration to maps.google.com, for example, and have 21 users do a call to their api at the same time, that the 21st person to try to call the Google maps api will fail? 

Not, just the 21st person in my organization, but IN ALL of Salesforce.com Orgs?

I really hope I'm reading this wrong because we're looking to build out an integration that will hopefully have many more than 20 consecutive callouts at any one time...

Thank you!

Joseph
Does anybody know if this is a bug, or if there is a reason for this?

If I create a VisualForce page to use as the "New" insert page for Leads, something like this simple example:
<apex:page standardController="Lead" >
    <apex:sectionHeader subtitle="{!Lead.Name}" title="Lead Edit"/>
    <apex:form >
        <apex:pageBlock title="Lead Edit" mode="edit" >
            <apex:pageBlockButtons location="top" >
                <apex:commandButton value="Save" action="{!save}" />
                <apex:commandButton value="Cancel" action="{!cancel}" />
            </apex:pageBlockButtons>
            <apex:pageBlockSection title="Lead Information" columns="1">
                <apex:inputField value="{!Lead.firstName}"  />
                <apex:inputField value="{!Lead.lastName}" />
                <apex:inputField value="{!Lead.Company}" />
                <apex:inputField value="{!Lead.Phone}" />
                <apex:inputField value="{!Lead.MobilePhone}"  />
                <apex:inputField value="{!Lead.Email}" />
                <apex:inputField value="{!Lead.Error__c}" />
            </apex:pageBlockSection>
        </apex:pageBlock>
    </apex:form>

Notice that the last field is a custom field.  This is a text field where I want to populate a default value.  If I use something like "Default Value" it will work fine, and even if I use the formula editor to enter a value like $Organization.Id, it will still work.  However, if I enter $RecordType.Name, it will break the page and give me an error like this:

An internal server error has occurred
An error has occurred while processing your request. The salesforce.com support team has been notified of the problem. If you believe you have additional information that may be of help in reproducing or correcting the error, please contact Salesforce Support. Please indicate the URL of the page you were requesting, any error id shown on this page as well as any other related information. We apologize for the inconvenience. 

If I use the standard Salesforce view instead of overwriting it with a VisualForce page, this field works just fine, and shows the Record Type name.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Joseph

Is it possible to hide a section on the standard pagelayout based on the picklist selection, For suppose in the below picture 

If i have selected the region as YES in the picklist then it should show the REGION DETAILS section and if the REGION is selected as NO the the REGION DETAILS SECTION Should be hidden.

Please help.

User-added image
  • February 02, 2017
Hello troubleshooters!

Really need your suggestions on how we can fix or get around this bug because it is something that has stumped our entire development team...

We have a VF page that we are using (in the Highlighter app) to replace the "view" for Leads.  Here are the most basic elements of the page:

<apex:page standardController="Lead" title="Lead: {!Lead.Name}" id="pg">
     <apex:Detail subject="{!$CurrentPage.parameters.Id}" relatedList="true" inLineEdit="true" relatedListHover="true" showChatter="true"  title="true" />

The view is working great and if you edit through the "Edit" button it also works great.  But if you inline edit and try to save, then you get this horrible error:

Object type not accessible. Please check permissions and make sure the object is not in development mode: Salutation, FirstName, LastName, MiddleName, InformalName, Suffix ^ ERROR at Row:1:Column:51 No such column 'MiddleName' on entity 'Lead'. If you are attempting to use a custom field, be sure to append the '__c' after the custom field name. Please reference your WSDL or the describe call for the appropriate names.. Original queryString was: 'SELECT Id, Name, Salutation, FirstName, LastName, MiddleName, InformalName, Suffix FROM Lead WHERE id = ...

After much research, we now know that the error is completely wrong and what it really should say is that you have too many fields on the page for VisualForce to process.  See this article on this "feature":

https://help.salesforce.com/apex/HTViewSolution?id=000126972&language=en_US

We've verified that if you remove a few fields from my Lead layout, then you are able to get it to work.  It is only after an unknown limit that it starts to fail.  This is crazy!  Any help would be very appreciated...

Thank you,

Joseph
Hello!

Has anybody run into an issue with using encrypted fields in VF pages in a Chatter action?

We've found that we can read encryped fields just fine in our VF page, but as soon as we put it in the Chatter action, we lose the ability to decrypt it in the code.  Please take a look at the attached screenshots of a page we made just to prove the issue.  Notice how the Chatter action in the classic web shows the encrypted value, while everywhere else it works correctly.

In SF1
In Web
VF Page

Here is the code for this page, in case there might be something we are doing wrong:

VF PAGE CODE:
<apex:page controller="TestABC">
 <apex:outputText value="{!privateDestinationAuthToken }" /> 
APEX CONTROLLER CODE:

global with sharing  class TestABC{
    public static uStudioApi api {
        private get;
        private set;
    }
    @TestVisible
    public static String privateDestinationAuthToken {
        get;
        private set;
    }
    static{
         api = uStudioApi.getAutoProvisionedInstance();
         privateDestinationAuthToken = api.getChatterAuthToken();
    }
}

Any help would be very appreciated!!!

Thanks,

Joseph
Please suggest how to maintain Universal picklist?

I have one picklist which is having 50 values and this picklist present in various objects. My requiremnt is when ever user get change the value (Insert,delete,update) particular value should be updated in other picklist fields present in various objects.

Please give me the code if you done in your projects

I'd like to have a program that would automatically connect all contacts associated with an account to an opportunity as contact roles. I already know that if you create an opportunity from a contact, that the contact is assigned as the contact role. However, I have multiple contacts associated with some of my accounts and I need them to be connected to the opportunity as well. I've created a flow to make opportunity entry easier for the office staff, however getting them to remember to go back and add the contact roles after they have created the opportunities is a pain. It would be so much nicer if this could be done behind the scenes with programing.  Is it possible to do this with a flow? I'm using the desktop flow developer, and I see you can make a data source/target with an opportunitycontactrole table. But I'm not sure how to go about adding this to my flow. I'm assuming I'd have to add another lookup element, have the person find the contact to attach, selected it and assign the role.  The problem with this, is that the operator, has to know who to add to the opportunity, which opens up a possbility of adding the wrong people. If there was a way to make it automatic, it would remove the potential for operator error. 

I have a controller extension for a list view.

The user selects a subset of the items in the list and clicks a button that goes to my custom VF Page.

I want to retain the order they were selected in the list from top to bottom. So if Selected Item A is before Selected Item B when the button is clicked, that is the order I WANT them passed to the controller.

However, the method getSelected() on the StandardSetController does not return the items in a sorted list the same as the screen.

Does anyone know how to keep the selected items sorted from the previous pages list view?

Is there a way to maintain a "Master List" for picklists that maintain the options across Objects? This way one could create multiple custom objects, each with the same picklist, but to avoid having to update each list individually, the "Master List" could be updated with the changes cascading out to each picklist. I know there are ways to accomplish this via visualforce and apex, but these solutions do not change the list itself so that a mobile user would see the updated list on his/her iPhone.

I guess I am asking if there is a way when a new record is added to a custom object to have an Apex Trigger fire that adds the record to a picklist value on one or more other custom objects?