• 55 Points
  • Member since 2014

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I'm trying to write a custom button for a contact page layout. Below is my desired code. I'm trying to initiate an email that will have a custom link URL in its body but the link has URL parameters which aren't working because the original mailto: has URL parameters so it's not being interpreted correctly. I've already tried using ASCII but it doesn't translate correctly. Any help or advice is greatly appreciated. Feel free to recommend an alternative solution for this implementation.

mailto:{!Contact.Email}?body=<a href="http://scholastica.tfaforms.net/217735?tfa_170={!Contact.Id}&FunnelNum={!Contact.Student_Master__Master_Application_Number__c}">Quick Survey</a>

I'm trying to write a custom button for a contact page layout. Below is my desired code. I'm trying to initiate an email that will have a custom link URL in its body but the link has URL parameters which aren't working because the original mailto: has URL parameters so it's not being interpreted correctly. I've already tried using ASCII but it doesn't translate correctly. Any help or advice is greatly appreciated. Feel free to recommend an alternative solution for this implementation.

mailto:{!Contact.Email}?body=<a href="http://scholastica.tfaforms.net/217735?tfa_170={!Contact.Id}&FunnelNum={!Contact.Student_Master__Master_Application_Number__c}">Quick Survey</a>

I would like to include the parameter

&bcc=[user's Email to Salesforce address]

in a custom URL button (or Javascript for that matter).  I find no documentation for a user field representing the user's Email to Salesforce address, leading me to suspect it is not accessible via the API or for use as a merge field like this.

Has anyone succeeded in incorporating the Email to Salesforce address into a custom button or a Visualforce page?

Is there any way to delete the contact record associated with a customer portal user?

I'm using a customer portal to self-regiser and authenticate users for a Force.com Site. The self-registration process creates both a user and contact record, as expected, but it seems there's no way to diassociate the contact record from the user record and to delete the contact - even for de-activated users...

Thanks