• Nonprofit and Foundation Consultant
  • Longshore Consulting

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I created a sandbox monsth ago and without refreshing it, i developed in there a  complex solution.

This complex solution adds metadata to existing objects in production, plus adds new custom objects and classes.

When I did the original Eclipse setup I only synched with my property the new metadata i was adding. For example I modified the Account Object and added more fields, so I only selected the custom fields on the  "Select metadata to Synch" part of the eclipse project setup.

So now I am ready to go to production and I am afraid it will delete the other columns from the Account object, and leave only the ones in the project.
Is this correct, or will the process br smart to recognize that I am adding columns, not removing the rest?

OR do i have to include ALL the metadata of Account, whether I modified it or not??

Thank you
Hi,

Have no experience on code but want to create a trigger when a contract is Completed then stage of opportunity must be closed won.
I've read that i need to create a field first and then a trigger?
Is there any kind of video with a step by step guidance? Hope someone can help
Alex
Hi Friends,
I'm finishing up the Apex Basics Badge (yay!) and want to follow the recommended syntax. There's another answer posted on here that passes the challenge but uses syntax that is different than what is taught in the documentation. I really want to understand where I'm going wrong as I think I'm pretty close. Thanks for your feedback!
Here's my code:

public class ContactAndLeadSearch {

public static void List<List<sObject>> searchContactsAndLeads = [FIND 'Smith' IN NAME FIELDS RETURNING
                                                 Lead (FirstName,LastName),Contact(FirstName,LastName)];

Lead[] searchLeads = (Lead[])searchList[0];
    Contact[] searchContacts = (Contact[])searchList[1];

System.debug('Found the following Lead.');
    for (Lead l : searchLeads) {
        System.debug(l.FirstName);
    }
    System.debug('Found the following contacts.');
    for (Contact c : searchContacts) {
        System.debug(c.LastName + ', ' + c.FirstName);
    }

}

Here's the challenge:
Create an Apex class that returns both contacts and leads based on a parameter.
With SOSL you can search against different object types that may have similar data, such as contacts and leads. To pass this challenge, create an Apex class that returns both contacts and leads that have first or last name matching the incoming parameter.
  • The Apex class must be called 'ContactAndLeadSearch' and be in the public scope.
  • The Apex class must have a public static method called 'searchContactsAndLeads'.
  • Because SOSL indexes data for searching, you must create a Contact record and Lead record before checking this challenge. Both records must have the last name 'Smith'. The challenge uses these records for the SOSL search.
  • The return type for 'searchContactsAndLeads' must be 'List<List< SObject>>'
  • The 'searchContactsAndLeads' method must accept an incoming string as a parameter, find any contact or lead that matches the string as part of either the first or last name and then return those records.
My current error message is: unexpected token: 'List' in line 3.
My questions: I'm not sure how to best invoke the public static method and still have the return type 'List..' Thanks for your help!

Hi, I'm hoping to share an FAQ with people about how to share your badges and points across your team to spark user adoption (and healthy competition amongst staff), as the awesome @Shonnah Hughes suggests. This FAQ https://developer.salesforce.com/page/Trailhead_FAQ seems to indicate no more special steps are required to make your Trailhead profile public. Can someone please verify this (since I went in and made mine public back in the day)? Thanks!
Hi, I'm working on my Trailhead badges, and I'm not seeing the D01 - Tablets Sales People - Wall of Fame lens. I thought I followed all the steps - has anyone else had this issue? I'm in Wave Desktop Exploration, Analyzing Your Data Over Time. Thanks, friends! Best, Missy
Hi, I created a custom button on Contacts to display on list views to pull out email addresses. I tried updating it to include Assistant Email addresses with the text in bold and it's no longer working. It passed the syntax check but when I click the button in Salesforce on a list view I get the error message A problem with the OnClick JavaScript... 'expected a ')'.' Any ideas where I missed a closing parentheses? Thanks for your help! 

Here's the code:

{!REQUIRESCRIPT("/soap/ajax/21.0/connection.js")} 

var records = {!GETRECORDIDS($ObjectType.Contact)}; 
var recipients = []; 

if (records[0] == null) { 
  alert("Please select at least one row."); 

else { 
  // Iterate through records 
  for (var n=0; n<records.length; n++) { 
    // retrieve Contact based on the ID in records 
    var contactLookup = 
sforce.connection.retrieve("Email,Assistant_Email__c","Contact",[records[n]]);
    if(contactLookup[0].Email)
    if(contactLookup[0].Assistant_Email__c) { 
      // email is not empty so add to list 
      recipients.push(contactLookup[0]); 
    } 
  } 

// Build the string for a mass email 
  // Change the seperator between a semi-colon or comma, depending on 
//email client 
  var toEmailString = ""; 
  for (var n=0; n<recipients.length; n++) { 
    toEmailString = toEmailString + recipients[n].Email + "; "; 
  } 

// Remove last comma or semi-colon from string 
  toEmailString = toEmailString.slice(0,toEmailString.length-2); 

//alert("to:"+toEmailString); 
   prompt("Copy and paste this string into your email To: field", 
toEmailString); 

}
Hi,
I created a quick action that I then used with process builder that isn't working. The quick action is to update a record. I then needed to use it with process builder since the object I'm trying to use it on is a managed package visualforce page without chatter so I can't make the action visible via a button. I'm not getting an error message but it's just not working. 
What I'm trying to do is get a lookup field to autopopulate when the record is created or edited. 
Any thoughts/ideas/ways to find out what's going wrong with my quick action or process, or alternate approaches?
Thank you!
Missy

Hi,
I created a quick action that I then used with process builder that isn't working. The quick action is to update a record. I then needed to use it with process builder since the object I'm trying to use it on is a managed package visualforce page without chatter so I can't make the action visible via a button. I'm not getting an error message but it's just not working. 
What I'm trying to do is get a lookup field to autopopulate when the record is created or edited. 
Any thoughts/ideas/ways to find out what's going wrong with my quick action or process, or alternate approaches?
Thank you!
Missy

I'm struggling with the custom lightning component on this part. I don't have much background coding and am having trouble finding resources to help me achieve coding the lightning component. If someone could help give me some framework code to create a custom lightning component to hold a URL or direct me to a resource that help break this down I'd be very appreciative.

I created a sandbox monsth ago and without refreshing it, i developed in there a  complex solution.

This complex solution adds metadata to existing objects in production, plus adds new custom objects and classes.

When I did the original Eclipse setup I only synched with my property the new metadata i was adding. For example I modified the Account Object and added more fields, so I only selected the custom fields on the  "Select metadata to Synch" part of the eclipse project setup.

So now I am ready to go to production and I am afraid it will delete the other columns from the Account object, and leave only the ones in the project.
Is this correct, or will the process br smart to recognize that I am adding columns, not removing the rest?

OR do i have to include ALL the metadata of Account, whether I modified it or not??

Thank you
Hi,

Have no experience on code but want to create a trigger when a contract is Completed then stage of opportunity must be closed won.
I've read that i need to create a field first and then a trigger?
Is there any kind of video with a step by step guidance? Hope someone can help
Alex
I  have an external application that requires looking up an invoice # (or order # or account #)  in SF and obtaining a dollar $ amount . The objective is to present the customer with the amount of the specific item and if possible with their outstanding balance. We cannot use 3rd party apps as this needs to be a direct integration between our application and SF. 
Can anyone guide me where I should get started?  
Thank you in advance for your feedback. 
My client has not switched to Lightning yet, but they have Outlook on Mac's. Since Salesforce for Outlook does not support Macs, I need to enable Salesforce Lightning for Outlook instead.  

I would like to setup Salesforce Lighting for Outlook, but I want to be sure that we don't have to switch them over to Lightning in order to use the functionality in Outlook. 
Hi,
We have two communites dedicated for two seperate purpose and lots of knowledge articles in each of them.
When I type something like "What is adaptive" on our community 1, and see recommended articles. It is showing suggetions from other communities what we have. And each articles are assigned on seperate type and category. And we have limited each category to display based on category assigned to it. Still content search on default Salesforce chatter shows content from other. Any idea how to resolve it.
Why does Salesforce AUTOMATICALLY calculate DST??
This is very frustrating.

The system should relect a date/time as it is in entered into the system but is subtracts an hour.

PLEASE FIX IT.

I know that if I entered I entered and date and time March 18, 2017 @ 2PM, that is what I want it to show.
BUT, if I use formulas to break it apart, I get a time of 1PM.

THIS MAKES NO SENSE.
Hi,
I have successfully added the reCAPTCHA widget to the lead submission form after registering domain and receiving a public and private key pair. (Documentation: https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=customizesupport_web_to_case_enable_recaptcha.htm&type=0&language=en_US&release=206.9)
Spring'17 release note: https://releasenotes.docs.salesforce.com/en-us/spring17/release-notes/rn_sales_web_to_lead_recaptcha.htm

During testing this functionality, I observed that an individual can bypass the recaptcha and submit the form. There's no validation that requires the user to click "I'm not a robot" in order to post the data.

My question is:
How is the "Verifying the user's response" process done in Salesforce?  Ref. : https://developers.google.com/recaptcha/docs/verify  

Do I need to create an Apex Class for this?
Has anyone successfully implemented this feature.  Salesforce Support was unable to help.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

I'm trying to enable spam filtering on a Web-to-Lead form using the Create a Web-to-Lead Form.

This was quite tricky to start with because the pop-up to add an API Key Pair disappears if you click away from it! I managed to manually enter the secret as it was impossible to copy and paste it. Then I made a typo and found it was impossible to edit the key, as the page for editing keys is broken. The only way was to delete the key and add it again through the disappearing pop-up. 

Now I've included the form in our site, but the recaptcha does nothing - if I ignore and click submit, the form submits to https://www.salesforce.com/servlet/servlet.WebToLead?encoding=UTF-8 anyway which is just a blank page. 

I know this is new functionality but it doesn't seem like it is working at all?
Hi 

I'm looking for entry level Salesforce admin jobs in Maryland. I'm ready to work for Non Profit organizations too.

Hi Friends,
I'm finishing up the Apex Basics Badge (yay!) and want to follow the recommended syntax. There's another answer posted on here that passes the challenge but uses syntax that is different than what is taught in the documentation. I really want to understand where I'm going wrong as I think I'm pretty close. Thanks for your feedback!
Here's my code:

public class ContactAndLeadSearch {

public static void List<List<sObject>> searchContactsAndLeads = [FIND 'Smith' IN NAME FIELDS RETURNING
                                                 Lead (FirstName,LastName),Contact(FirstName,LastName)];

Lead[] searchLeads = (Lead[])searchList[0];
    Contact[] searchContacts = (Contact[])searchList[1];

System.debug('Found the following Lead.');
    for (Lead l : searchLeads) {
        System.debug(l.FirstName);
    }
    System.debug('Found the following contacts.');
    for (Contact c : searchContacts) {
        System.debug(c.LastName + ', ' + c.FirstName);
    }

}

Here's the challenge:
Create an Apex class that returns both contacts and leads based on a parameter.
With SOSL you can search against different object types that may have similar data, such as contacts and leads. To pass this challenge, create an Apex class that returns both contacts and leads that have first or last name matching the incoming parameter.
  • The Apex class must be called 'ContactAndLeadSearch' and be in the public scope.
  • The Apex class must have a public static method called 'searchContactsAndLeads'.
  • Because SOSL indexes data for searching, you must create a Contact record and Lead record before checking this challenge. Both records must have the last name 'Smith'. The challenge uses these records for the SOSL search.
  • The return type for 'searchContactsAndLeads' must be 'List<List< SObject>>'
  • The 'searchContactsAndLeads' method must accept an incoming string as a parameter, find any contact or lead that matches the string as part of either the first or last name and then return those records.
My current error message is: unexpected token: 'List' in line 3.
My questions: I'm not sure how to best invoke the public static method and still have the return type 'List..' Thanks for your help!

As I go thru the Trails I have found some reference errors in the examples.  Is there any place to report them for Quality Assurance (unless they were put there on purpose to kick start the brain)?  Thanks!

I am getting this erro when trying to add the Wave Analytics Manager permiossion set to a user. The permission set contains the Create and Edit Wave Analytics Dashboards, so I am not sure wht the problem is? The profile is System Admin. User license is Salesforce.

"Can't assign permission set Wave Analytics Manager to user Elyse McCulla. The user license doesn't allow the permission: Create and Edit Wave Analytics Dashboards"    
Does anyone know what this error message mean?

There was an unexpected error in your org which is preventing this assessment check from completing: System.DmlException: Process failed. First exception on row 0; first error: NO_APPLICABLE_PROCESS, No applicable approval process was found.: []
Error during taking the challenge

Even though my developer org has the Lightning App "My Data" its saying app is not available.
  • October 19, 2015
Hi,
I have successfully added the reCAPTCHA widget to the lead submission form after registering domain and receiving a public and private key pair. (Documentation: https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=customizesupport_web_to_case_enable_recaptcha.htm&type=0&language=en_US&release=206.9)
Spring'17 release note: https://releasenotes.docs.salesforce.com/en-us/spring17/release-notes/rn_sales_web_to_lead_recaptcha.htm

During testing this functionality, I observed that an individual can bypass the recaptcha and submit the form. There's no validation that requires the user to click "I'm not a robot" in order to post the data.

My question is:
How is the "Verifying the user's response" process done in Salesforce?  Ref. : https://developers.google.com/recaptcha/docs/verify  

Do I need to create an Apex Class for this?
Has anyone successfully implemented this feature.  Salesforce Support was unable to help.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

As I go thru the Trails I have found some reference errors in the examples.  Is there any place to report them for Quality Assurance (unless they were put there on purpose to kick start the brain)?  Thanks!