• 0 Points
  • Member since 2014

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
We have 3 managers that need to approve opps based on a custom formula field (Product_Sub_Type__c) we've added to the opp prod object, but the approval process workflows/rules don't allow fields from the opp prod object to be used. Is there a trigger I could create to help create an approval process that would allow us to send to an approver based on the product sub types in an opp? I was informed by Salesforce Helpdesk that a trigger could be the answer, but I don't know where to start, so if you could point me in the right direction or provide an example of a trigger that could work, that would be very much appreciated. Thanks!
We have 3 managers that need to approve opps based on a custom formula field (Product_Sub_Type__c) we've added to the opp prod object, but the approval process workflows/rules don't allow fields from the opp prod object to be used. Is there a trigger I could create to help create an approval process that would allow us to send to an approver based on the product sub types in an opp? I was informed by Salesforce Helpdesk that a trigger could be the answer, but I don't know where to start, so if you could point me in the right direction or provide an example of a trigger that could work, that would be very much appreciated. Thanks!