• Salesforce CRM consultant

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hello all,
I have a client that uses the Salesforce platform only for Chatter. I want him to be able to track his users' visits using Google Analytics. The app Web Analytics (https://appexchange.salesforce.com/listingDetail?listingId=a0N300000016cuSEAQ), found in the Appexchange, offers the possiblity to do that, but not in Chatter pages, because the module is added in a page as a sidebar component. In the review we can read : "the component relies on being able to put some JavaScript onto a page which is normally done in the side bar, or dashboard component. Chatter pages do not use the standard side bar so unable to put in the JavaScript to do the page tracking."
Does anyone knows a module, an app, or a customization that does the same thing as Web Analytics but for the Chatter pages?
Thanks a lot,
Karen
Hello all,
I want to display a text in the Chatter Group Edit page (displayed when clicking the "Group Settings" in a Chatter Group page, or when clicking the "New Group" button in the Groups tab). To do that, I edited a Chatter Group layout found in Setup | Customize | Chatter | Groups | Group layouts, added a Visualforce page that contains the text, and assigned the result layout to all users. However, when I go to a Chatter group edit page, I don't see any changes. Can anyone tell if in their org, the manipulation working, and why in mine I can't see the modifications?

Thanks a lot,

Karen
Hi everyone,
I want to have a trigger on ColllaborationGroup (Chatter group) that prevent users from deleting a group, and sending them an email for explanation. This subject was already discussed here (https://developer.salesforce.com/forums/?id=906F00000008xNeIAI) five years ago and I read in many articles all over Internet that this is not possible in one trigger, because when addError is called, "all work done in the trigger, including @future method calls, sending email, queueing batch jobs, or performing any DML, is rolled back".
Can anybody have an alternative solution that could work on the object Collaboration group, knowing that we cannot undelete a Collaboration group? The problem of the trigger, fired before delete, is that the error message is not displayed, probably because of the popup appearing when the user clicks on the "Delete" button. So there is no way the user can know why the deletion is not done. That's one of the reasons the client wants to send an email when someone is trying to delete a group.
I also opened the case #11032475 in Salesforce Support for my problem.
Thans a lot,
Karen
Hello all,
I have a client that uses the Salesforce platform only for Chatter. I want him to be able to track his users' visits using Google Analytics. The app Web Analytics (https://appexchange.salesforce.com/listingDetail?listingId=a0N300000016cuSEAQ), found in the Appexchange, offers the possiblity to do that, but not in Chatter pages, because the module is added in a page as a sidebar component. In the review we can read : "the component relies on being able to put some JavaScript onto a page which is normally done in the side bar, or dashboard component. Chatter pages do not use the standard side bar so unable to put in the JavaScript to do the page tracking."
Does anyone knows a module, an app, or a customization that does the same thing as Web Analytics but for the Chatter pages?
Thanks a lot,
Karen
Hello all,
I want to display a text in the Chatter Group Edit page (displayed when clicking the "Group Settings" in a Chatter Group page, or when clicking the "New Group" button in the Groups tab). To do that, I edited a Chatter Group layout found in Setup | Customize | Chatter | Groups | Group layouts, added a Visualforce page that contains the text, and assigned the result layout to all users. However, when I go to a Chatter group edit page, I don't see any changes. Can anyone tell if in their org, the manipulation working, and why in mine I can't see the modifications?

Thanks a lot,

Karen
Hi everyone,
I want to have a trigger on ColllaborationGroup (Chatter group) that prevent users from deleting a group, and sending them an email for explanation. This subject was already discussed here (https://developer.salesforce.com/forums/?id=906F00000008xNeIAI) five years ago and I read in many articles all over Internet that this is not possible in one trigger, because when addError is called, "all work done in the trigger, including @future method calls, sending email, queueing batch jobs, or performing any DML, is rolled back".
Can anybody have an alternative solution that could work on the object Collaboration group, knowing that we cannot undelete a Collaboration group? The problem of the trigger, fired before delete, is that the error message is not displayed, probably because of the popup appearing when the user clicks on the "Delete" button. So there is no way the user can know why the deletion is not done. That's one of the reasons the client wants to send an email when someone is trying to delete a group.
I also opened the case #11032475 in Salesforce Support for my problem.
Thans a lot,
Karen