• -1 Points
  • Member since 2014

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Complete this very short project for a quick and exciting prizes and money to be won.

Requirements:
  • Are you a Salesforce developer or Salesforce administrator ?
  • Are you looking for a short assignment which will excite you as well as challenge you?
  • Do you have access to a production Org or full-copy sandbox, AND at least one developer org, you can quickly test the application for us.
We're looking for Salesforce developers to help with our testing. We have built a product to migrate data from production org to test orgs.

It takes less than very little time (couple of hours) to test the application. If you are interested, please fill this form (http://bit.ly/1UmQ8eZ).
I have a release management product. I need help from Technical Architects to demonstrate the product to customers and help sell the solution. The incumbent must be very well versed with Release management on Salesforce, Change sets, metdata api, continuous integration.

You will get paid hourly plus a bonus if the deal closes.

This job would need to be done during US business hours and the person should be in US. The time commitment is less than 1-2 hours every week.

REQUIREMENTS:
1. You must have excellent communication skills and presence in front of the customer.
2. You should know how to handle sales objections.
3. You have a deep knowledge on Salesforce release management.
Hello Friends,

Have a query regarding deployment process to be followed.

We have 3 environments - DEV, SIT and PROD.

1) We will have 8 releases from DEV to SIT in 3 weeks cycle. And we plan to use Change Sets for migrating the code.
2) Now when we need to do deployment to Production, what process should be followed?
     A) Will we deploy all 8 change sets to Production in same sequence as we did in SIT? Is this standard approach?
     B) Do we need to create a new change set keeping track of all objects which were changed from SIT to PROD?
     C) Is there any other  standard apporach which should be followed?

Appreciate all the help!

Cheers,

We are in the unique situation of managing multiple Salesforce accounts, but having very similar setups (custom objects, fields, apex code).

I'm trying to find the best way to maintain code between the Salesforce orgs in an efficient way. If we make an update to an apex class, we'd rather not have to go into each org and manually push an update. What do you guys recommend as the best approach?

Managed Package: We don't want the package to be public, and we won't be making a profit so it doesn't make sense to pay to have it on the AppExchange. Otherwise, this seems like the ideal scenario to take advantage of automatic pushing of updates.

Unmanaged Package: Seems to fit the bill, except for the workflow of updating code. Would we just have to install the updated unmanaged package onto each org (and the deployment process is smart enough to update and not replace the components?)

Force.com Migration tool: Also seems like a feasible option. Although I envision the same scenario in which pushing updates would be hard to do.

Anyone have advice for this scenario?
Can I move metadata from one sandbox to antoher? If yes, how? 
I have a release management product. I need help from Technical Architects to demonstrate the product to customers and help sell the solution. The incumbent must be very well versed with Release management on Salesforce, Change sets, metdata api, continuous integration.

You will get paid hourly plus a bonus if the deal closes.

This job would need to be done during US business hours and the person should be in US. The time commitment is less than 1-2 hours every week.

REQUIREMENTS:
1. You must have excellent communication skills and presence in front of the customer.
2. You should know how to handle sales objections.
3. You have a deep knowledge on Salesforce release management.
I am trying to update the picklist value translations using Metadata API and the following error is thrown:

Message: An unexpected error occurred. Please include this ErrorId if you contact support: 1533770598-268628 (380700135)
statusCode: UNKNOWN_EXCEPTION

Has anyone encountered this or similar exceptions while updating the CustomObjectTranslation using Metadata API?

I have some old objects from a time when I went through the force.com workbook that are preventing me from using the new release workbook. I want to remove all of my previous work and start over, how can I do that?
Hi,

Are there any best practices when it comes to setting up version control (VC) in conjuction with using the Force.com IDE?

For example, should I make one big project in the Force.com IDE that contains all the meta data on my site and commit that?  Then any new classes or triggers should be a part of this project, and committed to VC?  Would this mean that for every feature I deploy, the entire site would be deployed, instead of just the changes I made?  

I'm curious what everyone else is doing.

Thanks

Hi,

Am trying to move my entire code from one developer org to another developer org. We have overriden some buttons on custom objects with visualforce pages in first org. Now when am trying to move the code using eclipse, because of tab overriden, it is showing error about synchronisation. Is there any another way to move entire code?

Thanks in advance

Regards

Shashi

All,

I can not figure out how to retrieve a list of all reports from the metadata API and must be missing something simple.  If I setup a ListMetadataQuery and just set the type to "Report" I get nothing in return.  If I set the folder to null or "" I still get nothing in return.  If I set the Type to "Report" and set the folder to a folder with in the org then I get all the reports from that folder, which is expected.  What I need to know is, is there a way to get a list of folders for reports?  Or is there a way to list all the reports regardless of folder? Thanks in advance for any help.

I guess the easiest way of asking this is for the ListMetadataQuery, does the method setFolder have a wildcard character that will return any result from any folder?  I tried "*" and it didn't work

I have to work in Metadata API to customize my salesforce org through Apex.

I have generated WSDL for Metadata API as well as Enterprise

but when I am generating apex code for these WSDL it is showing errors to both the files

1. Enterprise WSDL - Apex Generation FailedUnsupported schema type: {http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema}anyType

2. MetaData API- "Apex Generation Failed Class name 'Metadata' already in use. Please edit WSDL to remove repeated names"  

For Enterprise error changing anyType to string couldn't solve my error.

Please assist me if any one have any idea to get rid of this issue.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Tushar Seth

Could anyone please help with the following questions? Thank you very much!

- Can managed appexchange applications be deployed from sandbox to production?

- Can unmanaged appexchange applications be deployed from sandbox to production?

- Can Eclipse exclude the custom fields added to standard objects by managed applications during deployment?

- Can Eclipse exclude the custom fields added to standard objects by unmanaged applications during deployment?

- What is the best way to deal with AppExchange applications? Install twice them on both sandbox and production? Or install them on sandbox, and then migrate them to production?

Please help. Thank you.
  • August 18, 2009