• 20 Points
  • Member since 2014

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I have a custom picklist field on a Person Account named "how did they hear about us" and then a dependent picklist named Sub Category.  Only some "How did they hear about us" selections require a "Sub Category".  An example would be Social Media.  If that is selected the Sub Category must be selected.  The Validation works on New Person Account records but when I test updating a record to a picklist item that should require a Sub Category the validation isn't enforced.  Here is my Validation Rule:

AND( ISPICKVAL ( PersonContact.How_did_they_hear_about_us__c , "Social Media"),ISPICKVAL ( PersonContact.Sub_Category__c , "" ))

Any suggestions?  Thank you in advance.

Hi all,  I'm working with a client who is implementing Docusign in Salesforce.  They would like to be able to have a contract administrator - user in Salesforce with Docusign license, send a docusign merged document to the Sales person and then have the Sales person be able to Host the signing.  Is this possible?  I can not come up with a solution on my own.  The button will be on the Opportunity.  The document should be emailed to the Opportunity Owner and then have the ability to have a signer 1 and signer 2 as well as the signing host/Sales person.  

I found this link:
https://support.docusign.com/guides/dfs-admin-guide-in-person-signing-custom-buttons
but really cannot figure out how to customize it further to meet my requirements.    Thank you in advance.
I have created a custom object Project__c.  When a record is created on this object a series of Tasks are created.  As tasks are closed other tasks are opened.  I would like to update two fields on Project_C with the most recent Open Task.  The field names on the Object are:  Stage__c and Sub_Stage__c,  the fields on the tasks are:  Project_Stage__c and Project_Sub_Stage__c

So when a Task status changes to Open,
Stage__C = Project_Stage__c
Sub_Stage__C = Project_Sub_Stage__C

I'm trying to learn APEX to be able to do this myself but my skills aren't up to speed for this.  Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.  Thank you
I have a custom picklist field on a Person Account named "how did they hear about us" and then a dependent picklist named Sub Category.  Only some "How did they hear about us" selections require a "Sub Category".  An example would be Social Media.  If that is selected the Sub Category must be selected.  The Validation works on New Person Account records but when I test updating a record to a picklist item that should require a Sub Category the validation isn't enforced.  Here is my Validation Rule:

AND( ISPICKVAL ( PersonContact.How_did_they_hear_about_us__c , "Social Media"),ISPICKVAL ( PersonContact.Sub_Category__c , "" ))

Any suggestions?  Thank you in advance.

Hi all,  I'm working with a client who is implementing Docusign in Salesforce.  They would like to be able to have a contract administrator - user in Salesforce with Docusign license, send a docusign merged document to the Sales person and then have the Sales person be able to Host the signing.  Is this possible?  I can not come up with a solution on my own.  The button will be on the Opportunity.  The document should be emailed to the Opportunity Owner and then have the ability to have a signer 1 and signer 2 as well as the signing host/Sales person.  

I found this link:
https://support.docusign.com/guides/dfs-admin-guide-in-person-signing-custom-buttons
but really cannot figure out how to customize it further to meet my requirements.    Thank you in advance.
I have created a custom object Project__c.  When a record is created on this object a series of Tasks are created.  As tasks are closed other tasks are opened.  I would like to update two fields on Project_C with the most recent Open Task.  The field names on the Object are:  Stage__c and Sub_Stage__c,  the fields on the tasks are:  Project_Stage__c and Project_Sub_Stage__c

So when a Task status changes to Open,
Stage__C = Project_Stage__c
Sub_Stage__C = Project_Sub_Stage__C

I'm trying to learn APEX to be able to do this myself but my skills aren't up to speed for this.  Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.  Thank you