• 0 Points
  • Member since 2014

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
The following documentation here (https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=identity_provider_examples_3p_adfs.htm&type=5) states that:
To configure AD FS 2.0 as a Salesforce identity provider, you need:
Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise or Datacenter edition. 

Does anyone know if this will work with Microsoft Windows Server 2012 or higher?  
Scenario: 
Excel spreadsheet has a list of tasks and the estimated hours it will take to complete each task.   The end user needs to enter the estimated value, which is then totalled in a summary field.

Example:
- Install software:  1 hour
- Migrate data:  5 hours
- Support: 5 hours
- Total:   11 Hours

Challenge:
If a new object in Salesforce is created for the above, what is the best way to relate to Opportunities so that a quoting app like Webmerge can include the data in a quote PDF?

Disclaimer:  This may or may not be relevant to this forum, but adding it here in case this requires Apex/Triggers.
I've got a scenario that may be simple and I'm super new to Flows.  Im doing research at the moment so thought would also post here.

Here are the requirements.

NOTE:  The flow will primarily reference the standard USER object

1.  Initial Screen - Will have a drop down picklist that will contain all possible selections from the user 'Company Name' field 
2.  The end user will then select from the drop down picklist of 'Company Name'.   
3.  Based on 'Company Name', a variable is populated with the first/last names of all users within that 'Company Name'
4.  Second Screen - Will have a drop down picklist that will contain the results from the variable.  This should be first and last names of users within the selected 'Company Name'
5.  The end user will then select from a drop down picklist of the first and last names
6.  A new record is on a custom object (This, I can do)

Thank you everyone for your help.

Hi there, is there a way to embed custom reports into a VF page?

Has anyone encountered an issue with wsse authentication for soap calls in apex?   We have made sure that the password digest and credentials are correct.

authentication works in SoapUi, but fails from our apex class. 

Ideas would be great as we are pulling our hair trying.
Hi everyone, need your help.

We have a custom Visualforce page that contains a URL link to another web application.  The external web application has a login screen we would like to bypass by passing username and password information from Salesforce.

Has anyone been able to successfully do this?   
I created an outbound change set in sandbox.

My question is, if the contents of  the change set (ie. a Visualforce page code) changes, does this mean I need to create a new change set?
or does the original change set know that the VF page was updated?

Thank you

I have read in a few forums that there is a way to dispaly Tableau charts on a Visualforce page.  However, there is not much documentation supporting this.  

Any help out there is super appreciated.
Cheers

I've created a very simple Flow to delete records from an object meeting some defined criteria.  Is there a way to schedule this Flow and have it run daily?  What is the simplest way to accomplish this?  
*Please note that since our Org is new, we do not have flow triggers available.

Is there a way, other than through soap calls and use of API’s, to provision a SalesForce User (User object) from Active Directory, Powershell Script or ServiceNow?   We are trying to analyze the best way to manage new users, updates and terminations among Salesforce and Active Directory.

Any tips would be great.
Has anyone encountered an issue with wsse authentication for soap calls in apex?   We have made sure that the password digest and credentials are correct.

authentication works in SoapUi, but fails from our apex class. 

Ideas would be great as we are pulling our hair trying.
We have a php application that is using the SOAP api to connect to Salesforce.  We have noticed intermittent issues with connecting to SF, which throw the error message “Could not connect to host”.  Following the stack trace it seems to be having issues at login with https://login.salesforce.com.  When the errors are occurring we can still connect to SF via a browser using the same user/pass, and other integrated solutions seem to be able to connect with the same user as well.  Eventually the connection to Salesforce corrects itself, but this happens without any updates on our end, so we are at a loss as to the root cause. 

We have checked allowed ip ranges for the user profile associated to the user, but those don’t seem to be a problem.  We have also checked to make sure the api calls aren’t maxing out and at the time of the last occurrence, we were at approximately 10% of our max.  It seems to be very similar to https://developer.salesforce.com/forums/ForumsMain?id=906F00000008r3jIAA, but that issue doesn’t seem to be answered fully.

Any help would be appreciated. Right now we have customers logging into our application and the reliablitiy is constanly in question because of this problem connecting to Salesforce. We never know when it will happen or how long the problem will last. About a week ago, we had almost 24 hours when our application could not connect. Again, with no changes on our end this problem just starts and stops.

Thanks,
Chris Cage