• 0 Points
  • Member since 2014

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I have defined a custom object called MessageBoard and one of the fields on this object is a richtext field. I am displaying an image and some text in this field and displaying this field in the login flow. When I log in, it displays the image and the text to me, but my users see only the text when they log in. They dont see the image (they only see the icon of a broken image instead). 
Hi,
I have a custom object called Batch. This object has a lookup reference to Product2. 
In OpportunityLineItem I have a lookup reference to Batch object. When the user chooses to select a Batch, I want to filter the records based on the Product selected in the OpportunityLineItem record. I tried defining Product Code custom fields on both OpportunityLineItem and Batch Object to use in the Filter criteria. But the filter options on the OpportunityLineItem field does not show me any of the custom fields defined for the object.
Hi,
I have a requirement, where I need to create a record in Salesforce. Get the ID of the record which got created and then make a webservice call passing this id as one of the parameter. If the webservice call fails, I need to rollback the whole transaction. Is this possible to do?

I tried using Savepoint, but I get the error you have uncommited transactions when I do the callout. Is there a workaround? 
Some forums suggested using @future notations, but I need to rollback my DML operation if the callout fails, so can't make it async. 

Any suggestions will be appreciated. 

We have an external site which calls sfdc webservice (create method) to create records in Salesforce. If an error is encountered while creating the records, the site is designed to re-try to insert the record at various intervals. The no. of times it re-tries is currently configured as 5. In some instance we have observed that, Salesforce returns us the error "SF_FAILURE:The operation has timed out", but still the record gets created in Salesforce. And since the site registers this as a failure, it retries the creation and ends up creating 5 duplicates. Is there any reason that SFDC creates a record despite the timeout error. 
I have defined a custom object called MessageBoard and one of the fields on this object is a richtext field. I am displaying an image and some text in this field and displaying this field in the login flow. When I log in, it displays the image and the text to me, but my users see only the text when they log in. They dont see the image (they only see the icon of a broken image instead). 
Hi,
I have a requirement, where I need to create a record in Salesforce. Get the ID of the record which got created and then make a webservice call passing this id as one of the parameter. If the webservice call fails, I need to rollback the whole transaction. Is this possible to do?

I tried using Savepoint, but I get the error you have uncommited transactions when I do the callout. Is there a workaround? 
Some forums suggested using @future notations, but I need to rollback my DML operation if the callout fails, so can't make it async. 

Any suggestions will be appreciated. 

We have an external site which calls sfdc webservice (create method) to create records in Salesforce. If an error is encountered while creating the records, the site is designed to re-try to insert the record at various intervals. The no. of times it re-tries is currently configured as 5. In some instance we have observed that, Salesforce returns us the error "SF_FAILURE:The operation has timed out", but still the record gets created in Salesforce. And since the site registers this as a failure, it retries the creation and ends up creating 5 duplicates. Is there any reason that SFDC creates a record despite the timeout error.