• 0 Points
  • Member since 2014

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
On all standard accounts, contacts, leads, etc. there is a related list called "Notes & Attachments." I have been trying to figure out how to edit the list properties, but I can't find it anywhere within setup. 

I need to remove the "new note" button for all users except system admins. I still want to allow everyone to attach a file, just not have the ability to add a "note" since we use our system different to track activities and notes associated with any record.

The related list is not editable when I go into page layout - I can only delete the list from the layout altogether, which is not what I want to do. 

Can anyone please guide me as to how to find how to edit this list? I know it's a standard feature, but I need to control it.

Thanks!
On all standard accounts, contacts, leads, etc. there is a related list called "Notes & Attachments." I have been trying to figure out how to edit the list properties, but I can't find it anywhere within setup. 

I need to remove the "new note" button for all users except system admins. I still want to allow everyone to attach a file, just not have the ability to add a "note" since we use our system different to track activities and notes associated with any record.

The related list is not editable when I go into page layout - I can only delete the list from the layout altogether, which is not what I want to do. 

Can anyone please guide me as to how to find how to edit this list? I know it's a standard feature, but I need to control it.

Thanks!