• 70 Points
  • Member since 2014

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I want to present a summary of a child object on the VF screen of the parent.

On the parent I select the child using a lookup type input field and up on selection I want to show properties of the child on the screen in a summary div.

Any idea on how to do this?
I get the following error when trying to create a new object...

" The object name you specified already exists for your organization."

and I probably have created one in the past but deleted it, I erased all objects I deleted and the error still occurs.

Where can I find this object and dispose of it?

Thanks.
Hello,

I have a custom VF page that works exactly how I need, I am successfully inserting a new custom object (CO).  However I want to modify the Body property of CO before inserting it.  The code below shows what I am trying to do.  However the custom object record created has the following resulting string in the Body property (I put the word "test") into the orginal custom object body

"null null work at null
test"

Can someone tell me what I am missing?  The if statement does execute so I know that the custom object has properties set.

Here is the code...

At the top of the controller I have this line
public final LT_Note__c Note{get;set;}

public PageReference saveCO() {
    if(CO.Backdoor__c) {
            CO.Body__c = CO.Contact__r.FirstName + ' ' + CO.Contact__r.LastName + ' work at ' + CO.Client__r.Name + '\n' CO.Body__c;
    }  

insert CO;  
}
Hello,

Being that I needed custom fields added to our notes I created a new custom Note object which works pretty well.  However I need to have notes associated to many other custom objects in the organization.  

Is this something I can achieve using the RecordType mechanism in Salesforce or do I need to create a custom Note object for each custom object that needs to support the notes functionality?

Basically all the fields will be the same for the various note needs, but I need to filter the notes to only show for the given custom object for which the note applies.

Thanks.
Hello,

I need to get a list of custom objects from a parent object of a custom object using soql.  The parent object is the standard Contact record

Ex.

SpecialInfo__c.Contact_Record__r.CustomNotes__r

psuedo code:

for each CustomNote
Get [some CustomNotes fields]  From CustomeNotes
where Contact_Record.parentid = SpecialInfo.id

Thanks!

Hello,

I am retrieving notes which have line breaks in the body.  I have created a custom extension and pageblocktable to display the note data including the body but the line breaks are ignored in the body column of the table, how do I get the column to recognize the line breaks properly?

Thanks!
I want to create a custom Note list, which has already been done with others help.  Instead of a table layout however I want a list l want more of this format which should use the entire width of the list and scroll....

Bill Woodson
11/14/2014

Body of the note that wraps over and
Over again.
---------------------------------------------------------
Bill Woodson
11/14/2014

Over again.
etc...

Has anyone done this or can help me find where to find details on how?

Thanks!
Hello,

I need to display the body or some summary of it in the notes list as a column much like Title and Created by are listed.  Any ideas, I cannot customize that list in the page layout.

Thanks.
Hello,

I need to build a contact view that also includes the ability to enter a note directly on the view screen.  I am not talking about clicking a button or link to bring up the note edit screen but rather having the noted edit screen functionality embedded into the contact view page.

Thanks for any assistance!
I need to create a contact model that allows a contact to be an account contact but also possibly a service provider.  So an account needs service, and a provider provides it.  Can I have a single contact that can both be an account contact in one context and be a provider in another?

Would I use record types for this?  account contact will have some custom fields that a provider won't and vice versa.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Hello,

I need to create a form on a parent's apex page that allows the user to enter field data for a child object and save new a new child record.  This child is part of a related list so I would also need to update the related list that is visible in the page as well.  I feel like this is pretty basic, yet I am struggling to figure out how to make it happen.

I have created a controller extension but I am not sure how to link the saveChild method to the fields in the form field.

Thanks!
Hello,

I have a custom VF page that works exactly how I need, I am successfully inserting a new custom object (CO).  However I want to modify the Body property of CO before inserting it.  The code below shows what I am trying to do.  However the custom object record created has the following resulting string in the Body property (I put the word "test") into the orginal custom object body

"null null work at null
test"

Can someone tell me what I am missing?  The if statement does execute so I know that the custom object has properties set.

Here is the code...

At the top of the controller I have this line
public final LT_Note__c Note{get;set;}

public PageReference saveCO() {
    if(CO.Backdoor__c) {
            CO.Body__c = CO.Contact__r.FirstName + ' ' + CO.Contact__r.LastName + ' work at ' + CO.Client__r.Name + '\n' CO.Body__c;
    }  

insert CO;  
}
Hello,

Being that I needed custom fields added to our notes I created a new custom Note object which works pretty well.  However I need to have notes associated to many other custom objects in the organization.  

Is this something I can achieve using the RecordType mechanism in Salesforce or do I need to create a custom Note object for each custom object that needs to support the notes functionality?

Basically all the fields will be the same for the various note needs, but I need to filter the notes to only show for the given custom object for which the note applies.

Thanks.
Hello,

I need to get a list of custom objects from a parent object of a custom object using soql.  The parent object is the standard Contact record

Ex.

SpecialInfo__c.Contact_Record__r.CustomNotes__r

psuedo code:

for each CustomNote
Get [some CustomNotes fields]  From CustomeNotes
where Contact_Record.parentid = SpecialInfo.id

Thanks!

Hello,

I am retrieving notes which have line breaks in the body.  I have created a custom extension and pageblocktable to display the note data including the body but the line breaks are ignored in the body column of the table, how do I get the column to recognize the line breaks properly?

Thanks!
I want to create a custom Note list, which has already been done with others help.  Instead of a table layout however I want a list l want more of this format which should use the entire width of the list and scroll....

Bill Woodson
11/14/2014

Over again.
Bill Woodson
11/14/2014

Over again.
etc...

Has anyone done this or can help me find where to find details on how?

Thanks!
Hello,

I need to display the body or some summary of it in the notes list as a column much like Title and Created by are listed.  Any ideas, I cannot customize that list in the page layout.

Thanks.
Hello,

I need to build a contact view that also includes the ability to enter a note directly on the view screen.  I am not talking about clicking a button or link to bring up the note edit screen but rather having the noted edit screen functionality embedded into the contact view page.

Thanks for any assistance!
I need to create a contact model that allows a contact to be an account contact but also possibly a service provider.  So an account needs service, and a provider provides it.  Can I have a single contact that can both be an account contact in one context and be a provider in another?

Would I use record types for this?  account contact will have some custom fields that a provider won't and vice versa.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.