• Member since 2014

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hello... This is driving me crazy!
I am a new admin, mainly to work on our service cloud email templates and basic things like that.

I have managed to create a button which opens a new window and in this window a MS Word Doc downloads.
We can then open this and print the address from MS Word.  Its a workaround.
Eventually, we will be getting a label printer (dymo or similar).
The MS Word document I created is a visualforce page, and I have also been able to out put this as a PDF (output:PDF) easily.. although contolling the page size and layout is tricky!

SO..
I wondered about creating flow to do this???

WHAT WE WANT:
Is to click a button within a case, or a contact record, and an address to print.  Why the hell is this so hard!!!?? haha....

I have the merge fields working in the VF page - but how can I automate this to print?

Does anyone have any tips, or have done similar things and can point me onto the right track?  Any advice greatly appreciated :)
I am new to this, so go easy on me.
Many thanks.

Hello... This is driving me crazy!
I am a new admin, mainly to work on our service cloud email templates and basic things like that.

I have managed to create a button which opens a new window and in this window a MS Word Doc downloads.
We can then open this and print the address from MS Word.  Its a workaround.
Eventually, we will be getting a label printer (dymo or similar).
The MS Word document I created is a visualforce page, and I have also been able to out put this as a PDF (output:PDF) easily.. although contolling the page size and layout is tricky!

SO..
I wondered about creating flow to do this???

WHAT WE WANT:
Is to click a button within a case, or a contact record, and an address to print.  Why the hell is this so hard!!!?? haha....

I have the merge fields working in the VF page - but how can I automate this to print?

Does anyone have any tips, or have done similar things and can point me onto the right track?  Any advice greatly appreciated :)
I am new to this, so go easy on me.
Many thanks.