• Member since 2014

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi all, 

Our org is leaning on Apex more and more to solve particular problems. Personally I go to code as a last resort since I am a button-click admin and declarative automations are a lot easier for me to maintain, but sometimes it's the only way. 

Anyhow, now that we are building up a decent amount of Apex code I want to document this thoroughly. 

Both so other people can easily see what has happened, and so that I can easily answer the question, 

"do we have any apex code that touches ______" 

And just basically so I can keep my house in order. 

Anyways, I am wondering if anyone has any best practices, samples, or templates about how you document your code? 

In fact, documentation of workflows and anything else would be of interest to, because we don't do any of that right now. 

I figured some smart people out there have figured this out before, so why should I reinvent the wheel! :) 

Appreciate anything you can share. 
Hi all, 

Our org is leaning on Apex more and more to solve particular problems. Personally I go to code as a last resort since I am a button-click admin and declarative automations are a lot easier for me to maintain, but sometimes it's the only way. 

Anyhow, now that we are building up a decent amount of Apex code I want to document this thoroughly. 

Both so other people can easily see what has happened, and so that I can easily answer the question, 

"do we have any apex code that touches ______" 

And just basically so I can keep my house in order. 

Anyways, I am wondering if anyone has any best practices, samples, or templates about how you document your code? 

In fact, documentation of workflows and anything else would be of interest to, because we don't do any of that right now. 

I figured some smart people out there have figured this out before, so why should I reinvent the wheel! :) 

Appreciate anything you can share.