• Salesforce Developer
  • Techila Solutions

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I'm taking the records that meet the criteria in the list & then I'm updating the field

List<Object1__c> lstOfObject = [ SELECT Id, Object__c, Rule_Evaluation_Criteria__c, Status__c, (SELECT Id, Object2__r.Name,                      Object2__r.Object__c, Object2__r.Field__c, Object2__r.Operator__c, Object2__r.Value__c FROM Object1_Object2_JO__r), (SELECT Id, Object3__r.Rule_Name__c, Object3__r.Object_Name__c, Object3__r.Field_to_Update__c, Object3__r.Value_to_Update__c FROM Object1_Object2_JO__r) FROM Object1__c WHERE Object__c = 'Contact' AND Rule_Evaluation_Criteria__c = 'Record is Created' AND Status__c = 'Active' ];

This is the query that I'm using to get the records using the junction objects I've created a code if else condition to match the criteria that is entered
Once the criteria is met a field will be update so this is the code I'm using to update the field

for(Object1_Object3_JO__c objObject1Object3JO : objObject1.objObject1Object3JO __r)
{
if(isInCriteria==True)
{
a.put(objObject1Object3JO.Object3__r.Field_to_Update__c,objObject1Object3JO.Object3__r.Value_to_Update__c);
}
}

objObject1Object3JO.Object3__r.Field_to_Update__c
This variable stores the name of the field to update

objObject1Object3JO.Object3__r.Value_to_Update__c
This variable stores the value to assign to that field

I need the assign the Field that is stored in (objObject1Object3JO.Object3__r.Field_to_Update__c) the value that i have save in (objObject1Object3JO.Object3__r.Value_to_Update__c)

Please help me in achieve this
Thanks in advance
In my first page I have used getDescribe() function to get all the object of the org & I’m passing that selected object to another page using map where I will get the list of related fields of that object. On another page I have 5 rows as we have in standard workflow for rule criteria
When I’m selecting the field, operator & entering the value & saving it, each row is getting saved as a single record, by appending these fields using formula field example. “accountnumber = 123456” (Formula field of text type).
I’ve created a master detail relationship between the 2 custom objects “Rule” & “Rule Criteria”. The records of the Rule criteria are appearing under the appropriate ‘Rule Name’ related list.
Now my requirement is I need to fetch the records under ‘Rule Name’ one by one & from the object “Rule Criteria” & append them in a single string separating them by AND , example

This is my page 
-----------------------

Object : Account (output label for getting the selected object from the previous page)
Rule Name : My Example Rule (Text Field to enter rule name)
Evaluation Criteria : Record Is Created (Dropdown List)

Field Name             Operator      Value
Account Number       Equals      123456
Email                      Contains      example
Select Field               None

Now the records in the object will look like
Record 1
--------------
Rule Name : My Example Rule
Field : accountnumber
Operator : =
Value = 123456
Formula String : accountnumber = 123456

Record 2
--------------
Field : email
Operator : LIKE \’%{val}%\ (i.e contains)
Value = test
Formula String : email LIKE \’%{val}%\ example

So the query will look like “ String str = select accountnumber, email from account where Record1.formula_string AND Record2.formula _string; “
So how can I get the functionality of the operators selected &
How can I write the string
Please assist
I'm taking the records that meet the criteria in the list & then I'm updating the field

List<Object1__c> lstOfObject = [ SELECT Id, Object__c, Rule_Evaluation_Criteria__c, Status__c, (SELECT Id, Object2__r.Name,                      Object2__r.Object__c, Object2__r.Field__c, Object2__r.Operator__c, Object2__r.Value__c FROM Object1_Object2_JO__r), (SELECT Id, Object3__r.Rule_Name__c, Object3__r.Object_Name__c, Object3__r.Field_to_Update__c, Object3__r.Value_to_Update__c FROM Object1_Object2_JO__r) FROM Object1__c WHERE Object__c = 'Contact' AND Rule_Evaluation_Criteria__c = 'Record is Created' AND Status__c = 'Active' ];

This is the query that I'm using to get the records using the junction objects I've created a code if else condition to match the criteria that is entered
Once the criteria is met a field will be update so this is the code I'm using to update the field

for(Object1_Object3_JO__c objObject1Object3JO : objObject1.objObject1Object3JO __r)
{
if(isInCriteria==True)
{
a.put(objObject1Object3JO.Object3__r.Field_to_Update__c,objObject1Object3JO.Object3__r.Value_to_Update__c);
}
}

objObject1Object3JO.Object3__r.Field_to_Update__c
This variable stores the name of the field to update

objObject1Object3JO.Object3__r.Value_to_Update__c
This variable stores the value to assign to that field

I need the assign the Field that is stored in (objObject1Object3JO.Object3__r.Field_to_Update__c) the value that i have save in (objObject1Object3JO.Object3__r.Value_to_Update__c)

Please help me in achieve this
Thanks in advance
In my first page I have used getDescribe() function to get all the object of the org & I’m passing that selected object to another page using map where I will get the list of related fields of that object. On another page I have 5 rows as we have in standard workflow for rule criteria
When I’m selecting the field, operator & entering the value & saving it, each row is getting saved as a single record, by appending these fields using formula field example. “accountnumber = 123456” (Formula field of text type).
I’ve created a master detail relationship between the 2 custom objects “Rule” & “Rule Criteria”. The records of the Rule criteria are appearing under the appropriate ‘Rule Name’ related list.
Now my requirement is I need to fetch the records under ‘Rule Name’ one by one & from the object “Rule Criteria” & append them in a single string separating them by AND , example

This is my page 
-----------------------

Object : Account (output label for getting the selected object from the previous page)
Rule Name : My Example Rule (Text Field to enter rule name)
Evaluation Criteria : Record Is Created (Dropdown List)

Field Name             Operator      Value
Account Number       Equals      123456
Email                      Contains      example

Now the records in the object will look like
Record 1
--------------
Field : accountnumber
Operator : =
Value = 123456
Formula String : accountnumber = 123456

Record 2
--------------
Field : email
Operator : LIKE \’%{val}%\ (i.e contains)
Value = test
Formula String : email LIKE \’%{val}%\ example

So the query will look like “ String str = select accountnumber, email from account where Record1.formula_string AND Record2.formula _string; “
So how can I get the functionality of the operators selected &
How can I write the string
Please assist

I have a trigger on Opportunity that updates a text field on the Opportunity called WhatChanged__c. It's comparing the values on two related Opportunities and seeing if they are different. I need to reference the Field Label in the WhatChanged__c value, and I want to make it dynamic so that if we change any field labels/api names in the future the code will automatically handle the change.

Here is the relevant part of trigger:

//continue if there are cloned Opps moving into the pending stage
    if(!pendingClonedOpps.isEmpty()){
//get all the labels for Opportunity fields and put them in a map, keyed to the field api name String objectType ='Opportunity'; Map<String, Schema.SObjectType> schemaMap = Schema.getGlobalDescribe(); Schema.SObjectType leadSchema = schemaMap.get(objectType); Map<String, Schema.SObjectField> fieldMap = leadSchema.getDescribe().fields.getMap(); Map<String, String> fieldAPIName = new Map<String, String>(); for(String fieldName : fieldMap.keySet()){ fieldAPIName.put(fieldName, fieldMap.get(fieldName).getDescribe().getLabel()); } for(Opportunity opp : pendingClonedOpps){ //List to store all of the names of fields that have changed List<String> Changes = new List<String>(); //get the related Cloned Opportunity record Opportunity clonedFromOpp = ClonedOppIDToClonedOpp.get(opp.ClonedFrom__c); if(opp.Buyer__c != clonedFromOpp.Buyer__c){ String fieldName = 'buyer__c'; String Label = fieldAPIName.get(fieldName); String oldBuyer = clonedFromOpp.Buyer__c; Changes.add(Label+': '+oldBuyer); } opp.WhatChanged__c = CSUtils.join(Changes, ' '); }

It's working, but the part I'm not happy with is the line String fieldName = 'buyer__c'. If the API name for that field ever changes, I will need to update the fieldName variable. Is there a way to dynamically get the API name, in a similar way to how I am getting the field name? Can I create a Map that stores <Field, String>? This is my first time working with Describe.field() methods so I think I'm confusing myself!

Any help is much appreciated! Thanks!

• September 11, 2013

Hi There,

I have to generate a XML file.

when I click on button button should generate a xml schema file.

I am able to create a xml file with the help of  "XmlStreamWriter" class.

and able to print in system.debug. but i want to generate xml schema  or what ever I am printing in system debug generate as xml file when i click on button.

Example  below xml generate for teh conroller

XmlStreamWriter w =newXmlStreamWriter();

w.writeStartDocument(null,'1.0 encoding=UTF-8');

w.writeStartDocument(null,'<soap:Envelope xmlns:soap=http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/ xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">');

w.writeStartElement(null,'Enrol_Event__c ',null);

for(Enrol_Event__cenrollEvent : getEnrollmentEventList()){

w.writeStartElement('my','LANID','my');

w.writeCharacters('12345678910');

w.writeEndElement();

w.writeStartElement('my','LegalCompanyName','my');

w.writeCharacters(enrollEvent.PREF_CO_NM__c);

w.writeEndElement();

w.writeStartElement('my','EnrollmentManagerName','my');

w.writeCharacters(enrollEvent.DSPCH_REP_ID__r.Name);

w.writeEndElement();

w.writeStartElement('my','ExceptionsSection','my');

w.writeStartElement('my','ExceptionsDetails','my');

w.writeCharacters(enrollEvent.EXCPT_DET_TXT__c);

w.writeEndElement();

w.writeStartElement('my','ExceptionsApprovedBy','my');

w.writeCharacters(enrollEvent.EXCPT_APRVD_NM__c);

w.writeEndElement();

w.writeEndElement();

w.writeEndElement();

w.writeEndDocument();

string xml = w.getXmlString();

w.close();

system.debug(xml);

out put

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<my:myField>
<my:LANID>12345678910</my:LANID>

<my:LegalCompanyName>Preferred Company Name</my:LegalCompanyName>

<my:EnrollmentManagerName>Betsy Barrett</my:EnrollmentManagerName>

<my:ExceptionsSection>

<my:ExceptionsDetails>The cost of the BC is waived for this event.</my:ExceptionsDetails>

<my:ExceptionsApprovedBy>Katie Anderson</my:ExceptionsApprovedBy>

</my:ExceptionsSection>

</my:myField>

can any one suggest me how to generate xml schema file or xml file when i click on button.