• Cognizant

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I am trying to create a validation rule for the below:
1) Only certain profiles and Tom Smith may select the picklist value "Strategic" 
2) Once an account is designated as "Type = Strategic", only the above listed profiles/users may change it back to another value.

Below is what I have so far, looking for assistance on how to add a specific "user" to the below as well as #2 above.

AND(
ISPICKVAL( Type , "Strategic") ,

$Profile.Name <> "System Administrator Master",
$Profile.Name <> "Sales Administrator",
$Profile.Name <> "CSM System Administrator"
)
I have a human resources user on my org that only needs access to Contacts, Reports, and Documents. So I figured that the Salesforce Platform license would be sufficient for her user role. I set her up with all the user permissions and such necessary for her role, but it won't let her access the reports that she needs to access. It is literally just one report so she can determine how much to pay the sales people according to opportunities they have closed won. It says she has insufficient privileges. I am guessing it's because a Salesforce Platform User doesn't have access to Opportunities and the report she needs to access has opportunities in it. Is there no way around this? I really don't want to give her a full user license when she really only needs access to that one report, but it's starting to look like that will have to be the case with how Salesforce is set up... I have looked at the other licenses and Salesforce Platform is the closest to our HR user's needs accept for not having access to Opportunities in a report. Does anyone have any suggestions for what I can do?
Hello,

I opened a case with SFDC support and was redirected here. My original case comments are below. 

Hello,

In our Job Queue, there are ~25 jobs from as far back as February 2013 that are in a Status of Queued. I can't delete them in the UI, and when I tried running this query in the dev console: system.abortJob(JobId) for the specific job, I ran in to this error:

Line: 1, Column: 1
System.StringException: You can't abort scheduled Apex jobs by calling System.abortJob with an AsyncApexJob ID. Call System.abortJob with the parent CronTrigger ID.

How do I delete these old Queued Jobs?
We have been using the WebToCase Servlet (https://www.salesforce.com/servlet/servlet.WebToCase?encoding=UTF-8) using ASP.net for years now.  Today we noticed an issue where some cases are not coming into Salesforce.  It works for some contacts within one account but not others within that same account.  Both accounts are active and we have received cases from both emails previously.  Suddenly, they've just topped working.

Does anyone have an idea on where to begin to look to resolve this issue?
I am trying to create a validation rule for the below:
1) Only certain profiles and Tom Smith may select the picklist value "Strategic" 
2) Once an account is designated as "Type = Strategic", only the above listed profiles/users may change it back to another value.

Below is what I have so far, looking for assistance on how to add a specific "user" to the below as well as #2 above.

AND(
ISPICKVAL( Type , "Strategic") ,

$Profile.Name <> "System Administrator Master",
$Profile.Name <> "Sales Administrator",
$Profile.Name <> "CSM System Administrator"
)
I have a human resources user on my org that only needs access to Contacts, Reports, and Documents. So I figured that the Salesforce Platform license would be sufficient for her user role. I set her up with all the user permissions and such necessary for her role, but it won't let her access the reports that she needs to access. It is literally just one report so she can determine how much to pay the sales people according to opportunities they have closed won. It says she has insufficient privileges. I am guessing it's because a Salesforce Platform User doesn't have access to Opportunities and the report she needs to access has opportunities in it. Is there no way around this? I really don't want to give her a full user license when she really only needs access to that one report, but it's starting to look like that will have to be the case with how Salesforce is set up... I have looked at the other licenses and Salesforce Platform is the closest to our HR user's needs accept for not having access to Opportunities in a report. Does anyone have any suggestions for what I can do?

I am unable to move forward with the Module ''Set up Social Sign-on Unit'' (https://trailhead.salesforce.com/identity/identity_external/identity_external_social) in Trailhead as the challenge is to set up a Google Social Sign-on, however it seems that the Registration Handler provided is for Facebook rather than Google. Is someone able to provide some support /suggestions on this so I can move forward please? 

Registration Handler provided: https://github.com/salesforceidentity/IdentityTrail-Module3 and use Module3RegistrationHandler.cls