• 0 Points
  • Member since 2015

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I am looking to get some help with object tables and email templates. I am trying to create an email template that pulls information from two object tables. There are two object tables, the second object table has a relationship with the first object table. 

Example:

Object Table #1 - consist the following information
  • Manufactures company info
    • Name,address,phone#, contact information
Object Table #2 - Consist the following information which is related to Ojected Table #1
  • Employee Information of that manufacturing company
    • Employee name and ID #
Even though object table #2 has build a relationship with object table #1. So when a user looks up manufactures, on the same page they are able to view the employee information. When I create the email template, I can specify and pull all the information from Object table 1, which I would like to display in the email. However in the email where I specify field names from Object table #2, they remain blank when I run the test email. Mainly because the email template can only pull one object at a time it seems in salesforce. 

Im not sure what the best solution to resolve this issue. 
  1. Do I need to create a field in object table #1 to display, names from Object table #2 (and hide the field from view since, since object table 2 is displayed inside of object table 1 page?

I am not an developer, so please bare with me. 

Thank for your help in advance! 
  • January 09, 2015
I was trying to write a forumla to generate a annual payment value (which would be determined by total amount devided by value taken from a pick list). Now when I try to do this, it will not work because of the pick list. I am not a developer but trying to get this done for our company. 

The three fields I am working with are picklist field (users are able to pick from 6 items), total amount value, annual amount value. I would like to define a value for the 6 item in the picklist field. So I can determine the annual amount value.  

Example: 
picklist field 
-----------------
red
white
blue
green
yellow
orange

I would like to define a numeric value for each color. One I do that I would like to do the following:

annual amount value = total amount value / pick list value

Thank you in advance for your help! 

• January 07, 2015
I am looking to get some help with object tables and email templates. I am trying to create an email template that pulls information from two object tables. There are two object tables, the second object table has a relationship with the first object table. 

Example:

Object Table #1 - consist the following information
  • Manufactures company info
    • Name,address,phone#, contact information
Object Table #2 - Consist the following information which is related to Ojected Table #1
  • Employee Information of that manufacturing company
    • Employee name and ID #
Even though object table #2 has build a relationship with object table #1. So when a user looks up manufactures, on the same page they are able to view the employee information. When I create the email template, I can specify and pull all the information from Object table 1, which I would like to display in the email. However in the email where I specify field names from Object table #2, they remain blank when I run the test email. Mainly because the email template can only pull one object at a time it seems in salesforce. 

Im not sure what the best solution to resolve this issue. 
  1. Do I need to create a field in object table #1 to display, names from Object table #2 (and hide the field from view since, since object table 2 is displayed inside of object table 1 page?

I am not an developer, so please bare with me. 

Thank for your help in advance! 
  • January 09, 2015
I was trying to write a forumla to generate a annual payment value (which would be determined by total amount devided by value taken from a pick list). Now when I try to do this, it will not work because of the pick list. I am not a developer but trying to get this done for our company. 

The three fields I am working with are picklist field (users are able to pick from 6 items), total amount value, annual amount value. I would like to define a value for the 6 item in the picklist field. So I can determine the annual amount value.  

Example: 
picklist field 
-----------------
red
white
blue
green
yellow
orange

I would like to define a numeric value for each color. One I do that I would like to do the following:

annual amount value = total amount value / pick list value

Thank you in advance for your help! 

• January 07, 2015