• Member since 2015
  • Salesforce Developer

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hello - I'm working on the challenge for Creating Validation Rules and when I check my challenge, I'm getting a message, "Challenge not yet complete... here's what's wrong: The validation rule failed to enforce the business logic". I can actually see that my validation rule message is being applied when I'm in an account and trying to create a related contact with a Mailing Postal Code different from the account's Shipping Postal Code. I can also successfully create a contact with no associated parent. I've attached a screenshot of the message generated as a result of my validation rule being applied. Does Trailhead ever report a failed challenge, even though it was developed correctly? Thanks in advance.

MattUser-added image 

Hello Trailhead,
Please find attached, I don't have the icons to switch from text entry to field picker for the above challenge. Please help
In the Value for Account ID, click  [The Text Entry icon]  to switch from the text entry field to the field picker ( [The Field Picker icon] ).

Many thanks

VidaOpportunity management challenge for Process Builder
Hello,

Where i can start off to learn lightning components. 

I followed few tutorials but it becomes very difficult to customize something.

• April 22, 2015
Hi guys,

Im really sorry for this really noob question.
Im doing the force.com work book
ive reached pages 66-75 where i need to create a flow.
when i create the screen and try to save im getting and error and i dont really know what to do
if some one can help.
and agian sorry for this noob question.
thank you
error
Hi Experts,

Im salesforce admin, im learning development also , just im practising java code in salesforce, while trying i developed this code ,i dont know whats wrong is there in this code,please help me out. really im nothing in coding. Thanks in adavance.

public class learn
{
 int n;
 int result;  
public void set(int x)
  {
  n=x;
    }
      public void display()
      {

for(int i=1;i<10;i++)
            {
               result=n*i;
                system.debug(result);

}
                }
                }

public class mul
                  { 

learn emp= new learn();
                emp.set(2);
              emp.display();

}            

Hi Everyone,

I have create an header component bundle and body component bundle. And kep both in the main component.

But i am facing issues like "When the content of the body increased then the body content are over lap into the header."
Need help on this to make the header component scrollable if the body content increased.

Thanks
Hello Everyone,

Is there anyway to increase the export limit size..?? 

If "Yes" then how ?? 
If "No" then Why ??
Hello Experts,

Anyone having any idea what is Critical update: “Predictable Iteration Order for Apex Unordered Collections”..?? what will happen if I activate this update, whether it will affect any data from database

Regards,
Ganesh
Hello developers,

how to create or add new record from related list using apex code. If possible then give some sample code.

Thanks
Hello Experts,
I would like to create a custom button(OnClick JavaScript) in the Contact detail page and when we click on it, it sends an email template capturing the information of that paricular contact.

How can I do this? Any code would be very much appreciate it!

Thanks!
Hi Everyone,

I have create an header component bundle and body component bundle. And kep both in the main component.

But i am facing issues like "When the content of the body increased then the body content are over lap into the header."
Need help on this to make the header component scrollable if the body content increased.

Thanks
Creating Recruiting app
Hi,

I am very much new to the salesforce

I am creating recruiting app using a following book
http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/fundamentals/salesforce_creating_on_demand_apps.pdf

in its security and sharing data section I have created a user MArio Ruiz, and trying to make this as a DBA owner as per the steps given in the book but I am getting error saying

Transfer Requires Read The new owner must have "Read" permissions on this type of record.

Click hereto return to the previous page.

how to get it resolved, how to provide read access to this new user.

please suggest

Thanks,
uma
Hi All,

How to get value present in max index in List<String> using Map!!!!!!!.. Can anybody share some examples..

Regards
Challenge not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
Please check that you have a filter for Amounts greater than 25,000.

It's done already! What should I do?
Looks like I am having a problem with a specific module that other's have had in the past. I am receiving this error when checking in Trailhead: 

There was an unexpected error in your org which is preventing this assessment check from completing: System.DmlException: Insert failed. First exception on row 0; first error: CANNOT_EXECUTE_FLOW_TRIGGER, The record couldn’t be saved because it failed to trigger a flow. 
A flow trigger failed to execute the flow with version ID 30161000000Cw7B. 
Contact your administrator for help.: []

I've disabled all validation rules and still having a problem. Any help is appreciated.
User-added image
User-added image

So I keep getting the error:  The process did not set the correct Type value when approval outcome is Approved

see my attached setup.  

1) I added the options to the type account object
2) have the logic set on teh approval
3) have the field update options set to Pending for Intial, Customer for approval, Prospect for Rejections

Any ideas?User-added image
I have (and some of my coulegues) have tried everything we can think of to complate this challenge, but we keep getting this error message:
"There was an unexpected error in your org which is preventing this assessment check from completing: System.DmlException: Update failed. First exception on row 0 with id 00161000004uT0GAAU; first error: CANNOT_EXECUTE_FLOW_TRIGGER, The record couldn’t be saved because it failed to trigger a flow. 
A flow trigger failed to execute the flow with version ID 30161000000CtjP. 
Contact your administrator for help.: []"

HELP!
Hello - I'm working on the challenge for Creating Validation Rules and when I check my challenge, I'm getting a message, "Challenge not yet complete... here's what's wrong: The validation rule failed to enforce the business logic". I can actually see that my validation rule message is being applied when I'm in an account and trying to create a related contact with a Mailing Postal Code different from the account's Shipping Postal Code. I can also successfully create a contact with no associated parent. I've attached a screenshot of the message generated as a result of my validation rule being applied. Does Trailhead ever report a failed challenge, even though it was developed correctly? Thanks in advance.

MattUser-added image 

I went through this challenge and realized I had done something wrong so I deleted the report (out of recycling bin as well) and started over. The problem is, now that I used that name previously, it won't allow me to use that name agian for another report. I need that specific name to pass this module. 
Any and all help would be appreciated
Hello Trailhead,
Please find attached, I don't have the icons to switch from text entry to field picker for the above challenge. Please help
In the Value for Account ID, click  [The Text Entry icon]  to switch from the text entry field to the field picker ( [The Field Picker icon] ).

Many thanks

VidaOpportunity management challenge for Process Builder
Hello Everyone,

Is there anyway to increase the export limit size..?? 

If "Yes" then how ?? 
If "No" then Why ??
Hello,

Where i can start off to learn lightning components. 

I followed few tutorials but it becomes very difficult to customize something.

• April 22, 2015
Hello Experts,

Anyone having any idea what is Critical update: “Predictable Iteration Order for Apex Unordered Collections”..?? what will happen if I activate this update, whether it will affect any data from database

Regards,
Ganesh
Hello developers,

how to create or add new record from related list using apex code. If possible then give some sample code.

Thanks
Hello everybody
Is there any Appexchange that could integrate Google Apps with salesforce for ANDROID , because I want to installe salesforce in my tablette?
  • April 06, 2015
Hi guys,

Im really sorry for this really noob question.
Im doing the force.com work book
ive reached pages 66-75 where i need to create a flow.
when i create the screen and try to save im getting and error and i dont really know what to do
if some one can help.
and agian sorry for this noob question.
thank you
error
Greetings from CML Media Software's - Chennai.

Please Visit our company in www.mopro.com

CML Media soft ware Pvt Ltd - India is an incorporated
company based in Chennai, Its parent company and head office is in USA The sales and companies operation head is located LA, USA. Our major business and projects are from social networking front, and we have done more than 500 projects on digital videos, web design and development, Kiosk Design and Mobile App.

Our Digital Video customers are Best Western, Jonas Brothers etc. Our Web design and development customers are AEG worldwide, talent resources etc.

Pls visit us: www.mopro.com for more details .

We are currently looking for Sr Salesforce developers with more than 5 years of experience for our chennai division.

Work Time : 3:30 pm - 11: 30 pm ist. Cab facility will be provided for home drop

Sales force CRM Senior Developers/Salesforce Architect

 A proven functional/technical professional with at least 2 full lifecycle SalesForce.com implementations and at least 5+ years' experience working with SFDC.

 Direct experience with one SFDC Sales Cloud (application design, architecture and development using Salesforce.com)

 Strong SFDC knowledge and Integration components for SFDC ( for example, SFDC APIs, Apex controllers, Apex Web Services, Apex callout, outbound messaging, SFDC data loaders, etc.)

 Strong technical foundation including; Advanced structured programming - APEX, Force.com, .Net, Java, etc., understanding of RDMS concepts and structures, knowledge of SQL, structured system analysis and design methods, etc

 Proven experience in overseeing the direction, development, and implementation of SFDC CRM software solutions.

 Understands complex ETL and data migration practices and has performed at least 1 complex data migration to Salesforce.com.

 Work with functional leads to transform and develop new requirements into design, implementation.

 Ability to comprehend client requirements and provide the Business Solutions.

 Collaborate with the different product vendors/app groups while designing the interfaces with 3rd party services, backend systems and various monitoring/analytical tools

 Experience in Integration with Fulfillment systems (Like SAP, Oracle) preferred.

 Effectively work with management and other remote development staff to accomplish Salesforce.com project deliverables.

 Effectively balance and prioritize multiple projects concurrently.

 Ability to function in a team

 Strong Communications Skills

 Certified DEV401 ( Building Applications with Force.com and Visualforce )

Please forward your Cv if you are interested in the role and please refer your friends as well

Please forward your Cv to srividhya.kannan@cmlmediasoft.com

Thanks and Regards
Human Resource Team

Hi Guys

I appearing for dev 401 cert next week.
For the following questions I see different ansers from many people and frankly speaking I don't have clue as what could be the correct answer
Kindly let me know.

1) Which of the following cannot be used on a user page layout?
Please select two choices.
a. Tag
b. Links
c. Buttons
d. Custom fields
e. Inline Visualforce

Ans: e (my answer is 'e' but I am not sure)

2.Which two (2) items most closely relate to the controller layer of the model view controller paradigm?

a. Apex classes
b. Apex extensions
c. Custom tab
d. Page Layout

My answer : c,d  But I am not sure

3. In a profile can we revoke sharing permisisons:?

My answer : YES  but not very sure

4.  Which of the following statements are true about Roles? (Select all that apply.)
A. A user may be associated with multiple Roles.
B. A user must be associated with at least one Role.
C. Roles do not need to follow the organization chart.
D. Roles control how records roll up for reporting.
E. Roles control the level of visibility that users have to an organizations data.

My answer :  C,D,E but kindly clarify

5)  Under what circumstances would the sharing button to be enabled on a detail view for a record.

A. A developer has added the button to the page layout 

B. When record sharing is enabled in the user profile 

C. When record sharing is set to public read only or private for the object 

D. When record sharing is set to public read/write for the object 

6) What elements does a custom object automatically contain when it is created? (Select all that apply.)

A.    Field Sets
B.    Queues
C.    Page Layout
D.    Standard Controller
E.    Record Type

My Answer : A,C,E  (but pls clarify)

Regards
Krishna Casukhela

I wonder, using the Data Loader, how could I export just the data from certain users.

Not if that is possible using the Data Loader, any suggestion is welcome.

Thank you.

I want to pass the ID of the Contact from my VisualForce Email Template up to the Controller, via the Custom Component, so that the Controller can query Events for just this Contact.  However, I seem to be getting stuck at Component to Controller.

Per the VF Developer's Guide, under "Custom Component Controllers", step 3 says, "In the <apex:attribute> tag in your component definition, use the assignTo attribute to bind the attribute to the class variable you just defined."  However, I am finding this never sets the value in the Controller - just within the Component.  Is the Guide wrong or do I have an error?

Here is a snippet of the Component code:

<apex:component controller="EmailApptController" access="global">

<apex:attribute name="ToID" type="ID" description="the account ID" assignTo="{!contactID}"/>
    <apex:attribute name="Something" type="String" description="something to assign" assignTo="{!something}"/>

And the relevant Controller:

public class EmailApptController {
	public List<Event> appts {get; set;}
	public String message {get; set;}
	public ID contactID {get; set;}
	public String something {get; set;}

public EmailApptController() {
		datetime yaynow = datetime.now();
		appts = [SELECT WhoId, WhatId, OwnerId, Subject, StartDateTime, Result__c, Confirmation_Status__c, Location_Map_URL__c, Location__c, Location_Address__c, Location_City_State_Zip__c, Location_Directions__c, Location_Directions_2__c
					FROM Event
					WHERE WhoId = :contactID
					AND StartDateTime >= :yaynow
					AND Result__c != 'Cancelled'
					AND Result__c != 'Rescheduled'];

if (appts.isEmpty()){
        	message = 'There are no pending appointments for this client: ' + contactID + ' and something is: '+ something;
        }
	}

}

contactID and 'something' always return null from the controller, but when I access them in the Component they are fine.

I have found this post in the wiki re Controller Component Communication, but it's way over my head and seems overkill if all I want to do is grab this one ID.  Any thoughts?

• February 15, 2011