• Developer
  • Middlesex Software

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
We have had an integration working smoothly for years. Two months ago, it stopped working for no obvious reason. The developers find that they no longer can query the contents of an Account!  
For instance, creating the account succeeds: 
..... method=post url="https://<OurSandboxName>.my.salesforce.com/services/data/v41.0/sobjects/Account (https://alertlogic--fullsb.my.salesforce.com/services/data/v41.0/sobjects/Account" style="color:#0563c1; text-decoration:underline)" headers=[{"Authorization","Bearer ***"},{"Content-Type","application/json"}] body=<<"{\"RecordTypeId\":\"012500000009a9EAAQ\",\"Name\":\"Test 1\", ....... 
No Problem. Reply gives the record id:

[{<<"id">>,<<"001nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn">>},
{<<"success">>,true},
{<<"errors">>,[]}]

But then, try to get the Account later using the ID:

...method=get url="https://alertlogic--fullsb.my.salesforce.com/services/data/v41.0/sobjects/Account/001n (https://alertlogic--fullsb.my.salesforce.com/services/data/v41.0/sobjects/Account/0013F00000aKGbfQAG" style="color:#0563c1; text-decoration:underline)nnnnnnnnnnnnnn" headers=[{"Authorization","Bearer ***"}] body=[] timeout=60000 options=[{pool,sfdc_connection_pool}]

result={ok,{{500,"Internal Server Error"},[{"transfer-encoding","chunked"},{"content-type","application/json;charset=UTF-8"},{"sforce-limit-info","api-usage=59898/2545000"}, ......"}],<<"[{\"message\":\"An unexpected error occurred. Please include this ErrorId if you contact support: 587797726-215951 (689075404)\",\"errorCode\":\"UNKNOWN_EXCEPTION\"}]">>}}

I can view the Account it created in the UI. In the Developer workbench, in REST Explorer, it throws an error when I try the URL 
services/data/v41.0/sobjects/Account/001n (https://alertlogic--fullsb.my.salesforce.com/services/data/v41.0/sobjects/Account/0013F00000aKGbfQAG" style="color:#0563c1; text-decoration:underline)nnnnnnnnnnn" 

"Application error
An error occurred in the application and your page could not be served. If you are the application owner, check your logs for details. You can do this from the Heroku CLI with the command
heroku logs --tail"
(I also tried v49.0)
Any ideas ?

Hi, We have Salesforce CPQ installed and in use. Our Quotes and Orders can have multiple Products. One requirement we have is: two particular Products cannot both be on the same quote. Each can be quoted, but both shouldn't be quoted (and ordered) together. They are mutually exclusive.
I suppose we can write a trigger to enforce that.
Is there a way to do it with clicks not code?  
We have Salesforce Sales Cloud with Datafox and CPQ. The Datafox User occasionally changes the Owner of an Opportunity immediately after Lead Conversion creates the Opportunity. Why? How to control it?  

Users need to identify all the Accounts which have one or more Opportunity children for which Status='Won'  and also have one or more Opportunity children for which Status='Lost' . A report would be ideal but any easy solution would be nice. Of course I can write batchable Apex to traverse all the data but there must be a simpler way.  
I am trying to learn more about development. My Developer Edition org does not have the "Deploy" item in the Setup menus. Maybe this is normal, since there is not any Production system involved. But how can I practice preparing Change Sets and moving them to other orgs, such as my Trailhead playgrounds?  
I am trying to learn more about development. My Developer Edition org does not have the "Deploy" item in the Setup menus. Maybe this is normal, since there is not any Production system involved. But how can I practice preparing Change Sets and moving them to other orgs, such as my Trailhead playgrounds?  
We have had an integration working smoothly for years. Two months ago, it stopped working for no obvious reason. The developers find that they no longer can query the contents of an Account!  
For instance, creating the account succeeds: 
..... method=post url="https://<OurSandboxName>.my.salesforce.com/services/data/v41.0/sobjects/Account (https://alertlogic--fullsb.my.salesforce.com/services/data/v41.0/sobjects/Account" style="color:#0563c1; text-decoration:underline)" headers=[{"Authorization","Bearer ***"},{"Content-Type","application/json"}] body=<<"{\"RecordTypeId\":\"012500000009a9EAAQ\",\"Name\":\"Test 1\", ....... 
No Problem. Reply gives the record id:

[{<<"id">>,<<"001nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn">>},
{<<"success">>,true},
{<<"errors">>,[]}]

But then, try to get the Account later using the ID:

...method=get url="https://alertlogic--fullsb.my.salesforce.com/services/data/v41.0/sobjects/Account/001n (https://alertlogic--fullsb.my.salesforce.com/services/data/v41.0/sobjects/Account/0013F00000aKGbfQAG" style="color:#0563c1; text-decoration:underline)nnnnnnnnnnnnnn" headers=[{"Authorization","Bearer ***"}] body=[] timeout=60000 options=[{pool,sfdc_connection_pool}]

result={ok,{{500,"Internal Server Error"},[{"transfer-encoding","chunked"},{"content-type","application/json;charset=UTF-8"},{"sforce-limit-info","api-usage=59898/2545000"}, ......"}],<<"[{\"message\":\"An unexpected error occurred. Please include this ErrorId if you contact support: 587797726-215951 (689075404)\",\"errorCode\":\"UNKNOWN_EXCEPTION\"}]">>}}

I can view the Account it created in the UI. In the Developer workbench, in REST Explorer, it throws an error when I try the URL 
services/data/v41.0/sobjects/Account/001n (https://alertlogic--fullsb.my.salesforce.com/services/data/v41.0/sobjects/Account/0013F00000aKGbfQAG" style="color:#0563c1; text-decoration:underline)nnnnnnnnnnn" 

"Application error
An error occurred in the application and your page could not be served. If you are the application owner, check your logs for details. You can do this from the Heroku CLI with the command
heroku logs --tail"
(I also tried v49.0)
Any ideas ?

IF(OR(NOT(ISNULL(SLA_Date__c)),SLA_Date__c > TODAY()),
TODAY()-SLA_Date__c,
IF(Next_Activity_Date__c >= TODAY(),
IF(AND(ISNULL(Last_Activity_Date__c),
 TODAY()-DATEVALUE(CreatedDate)>5),
TODAY()-DATEVALUE(CreatedDate)-5 ,
((5 * ( FLOOR( ( TODAY() - DATE( 1900, 1, 8) ) / 7 ) ) + MIN( 5, MOD( Last_Activity_Date__c - DATE( 1900, 1, 8), 7 ) ) )
-
(5 * ( FLOOR( ( Last_Activity_Date__c - DATE( 1900, 1, 8) ) / 7 ) ) + MIN( 5, MOD( Last_Activity_Date__c - DATE( 1900, 1, 8), 7 ) ) ) + 1
-
IF(AND(Last_Activity_Date__c <= DATEVALUE("2016-11-24"),TODAY() >= DATEVALUE("2016-11-24")),1,0) -
IF(AND(Last_Activity_Date__c <= DATEVALUE("2016-12-23"),TODAY() >= DATEVALUE("2016-12-23")),1,0) -
IF(AND(Last_Activity_Date__c <= DATEVALUE("2016-12-26"),TODAY() >= DATEVALUE("2016-12-26")),1,0) -
IF(AND(Last_Activity_Date__c <= DATEVALUE("2017-1-2"),TODAY() >= DATEVALUE("2017-1-2")),1,0)-
IF(AND(Last_Activity_Date__c <= DATEVALUE("2017-1-3"),TODAY() >= DATEVALUE("2017-1-3")),1,0)

))))
Please review Job Description, if interested please apply:  https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/cap/view/1963781796/?pathWildcard=1963781796&trk=mcm
On the Opportunity record I have a quick action to create Contact roles. When I click on the quick action , I am opening a flow screen. And on that screen I need to prepopulate the Opportunity Id from where I came . What is the way ? 

I created a variable called recordID and set the type as input. Foe some reason that is not working. Any help ??
I now see that my Trailhead Playground is acting up similar to others...and I thought it was just user error!
I too am experiencing the same messages:
"Please hold while our robots build your Trailhead Playground. This may take a few minutes" and
"Our robots are still working..." while trying to complete Module Trailhead Playground Management-2nd part Create a Trailhead Playground.
I am also unable to complete Module: Accounts & Contacts-2nd part Understand Account & Contact Relationships.
Actually I'm unable to complete any Trailhead that has a challenge because my Playgrounds don't work, are competing with each other or over-riding each other.
I have a couple of My Trailhead Playgrounds and also a Developer Edition Playground which I created under an email not connected to my SalesForce account. I am hoping there is a way to delete or fix the DE Playground. I'm honestly not sure why I even ended up in the Developer areas of SF since I am not at all a developer...
I really think that if I could just wipe the Developer area clean of my interactions, maybe Trailhead would be of some use for me as an admin. Can someone help me find where to submit this as a case to a support team that feels it is part of their responsibilities. I talked to a SFguy at the Trailhead learning center at the latest SalesForce Event held in Minneapolis (Fun!), and he said he had a similar experience and support had to go in and make some changes...hoping someone can help here...I really need this to be working correctly.

I properly installed CLI. In a command window, I enter:

sfdx force:auth:web:login -d -a DevHub

in order to log in to the trial Dev Hub that I created. The aforementioned command opens the Salesforce login page in the web browser, so I log in using my Developer Hub Trial Org credentials and click Allow. After that, web browser show me an error: "This site can't be reached. localhost took too long to respond".

This is the URL that Salesforce use after I authenticate in the browser: http://localhost:1717/OauthRedirect?code=aPrxbOND3gL_2LbSR7rKPdvD0XBVk2YpErl3pphY2f3xvZ1wf5SSPJByDleRLPMtzCQWnNGAdg%3D%3D&state=f2f8254fac23

I don't know what happen.

User-added image

User-added image

User-added image
Midway through this module the following Client Controller code is introduced.  Is the Reduce function documented anywhere else so I can understand it better.  The Trailhead explanation doesn't work for me, very stuck

({
    clickCreate: function(component, event, helper) {
        var validExpense = component.find('expenseform').reduce(function (validSoFar, inputCmp) {
            // Displays error messages for invalid fields
            inputCmp.showHelpMessageIfInvalid();
            return validSoFar && inputCmp.get('v.validity').valid;
        }, true);
        // If we pass error checking, do some real work
        if(validExpense){
            // Create the new expense
            var newExpense = component.get("v.newExpense");
            console.log("Create expense: " + JSON.stringify(newExpense));
            helper.createExpense(component, newExpense);
        }
    }
})

Hi,
I have a developing a process builder to automate task creation and emails. I have a process that creates the first task and populates the custom program field.  The automation works fine when they save the record, however, users sometimes use create follow up tasks or new tasks so the program field is not populated and the automation would not work.

To deal with this scenario, I am using the same process builder to launch a flow update the program field but I am having a problem the flow keeps failing at the Update record stage.  I would appreciate ideas of how to get this to work and handle or prevents errors.

Thank you

Hi,

Trailhead: https://trailhead.salesforce.com/projects/quickstart-lightning-components/steps/quickstart-lightning-components3

Problem saving MyContactList.cmp.
Field_Integrity_Exception: Failed to save MyContactList.cmp: Invalid definition for null:MyContactListComponent: null: Source

MCLC.apxc:
public class MyContactListController {
@AuraEnabled
public static List<Contact> getContacts(Id recordId) {
   return [Select Id, FirstName, LastName, Email, Phone From Contact Where AccountId = :recordId];
}
}

MCL.cmp:
<aura:component controller="MyContactListComponent" implements="flexipage:availableForRecordHome,force:hasRecordId" access="global" >
<aura:attribute name="recordId" type="Id" />
<aura:attribute name="Account" type="Account" />
<aura:attribute name="Contacts" type="Contact" />
<aura:attribute name="Columns" type="List" />
<force:recordData aura:id="accountRecord"
                  recordId="{!v.recordId}"
                  targetFields="{!v.Account}"
                  layoutType="FULL"
                  />
<lightning:card iconName="standard:contact" title="{! 'Contact List for ' + v.Account.Name}">
    <!-- Contact list goes here -->
</lightning:card>
</aura:component>

User-added image

Anyone any idea or suggestion to help?

Thank you, regards, albert
I don't know why, but Trailhead does not see that I've setup a user Samantha Cordero with the profile Field Sales User. I've create the Field Sales User profile, created the user Samantha Cordero, activate the user, generate a password, and logged in as the user. I even logged in as her in Salesforce 1, but I still get this message:
error message
Here is what her user detail page:
User-added image
Field Sales User profile:
User-added image
Hi,

While attempting trailhead App Development with Salesforce DX, I am trying to create a project using SFDX command as shown below:
User-added image

But I am getting a message which says the command is not available. Please help.

Regards,
Shyam Nair
Based on the exercice:
https://trailhead.salesforce.com/projects/flow_calculate/steps/flow_calculate_find

Within a dev org I have clicked on add a " New Flow". The screen is blank. All I can see if "Unsaved flow" with no activities available?

I will be looking for input to be able to finish the exercise.
Thanks Fred Flores

I keep receiving the following error message when attempting to clear:

"Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong:  Could not find notification on dashboard. Please check the requirements again." 
(Task - Create a notification to alert you when lost opportunities exceed a certain amount)

The alert is created and set to run. When you Save and Run the alert, it disables it for some reason and you can't see it as a widget in  the Notification Tracking section. When you Save only, it stays active and displays the widget on the Wave Analytics home page. It doesn't display on the Oppty Details dashboard though.

Any thoughts? I'd like to complete this trail and progress to the next part of the project.
I am working on the Creating & Using Custom Controllers module. I have tried this a variety of ways and I am still geting a "Challenge not yet complete....here's what's wrong:

"The outputLink component is not binding to the ID of a case"

Here is my code for the page:

<apex:page controller="NewCaseListController">
    <apex:repeat value="{!newCases}" var="case">
        <apex:outputLink value="/{!case.Id}">{!case.CaseNumber}</apex:outputLink>
    </apex:repeat> 
</apex:page>

And here is my code for the Apex Class:

Public class NewCaseListController {

public String getCase() {
        return null;
    }

List<Case> results = new List<Case>();

private String sortOrder = 'CaseNumber';
public List<Case> getNewCases() {

results = [SELECT Id, CaseNumber FROM Case WHERE Status = 'New'];

return results;
    }
}

Feedback/Help :-)

Thank you, 

Orchid 

I'm getting the error "The outputLink component is not binding to the ID of a case" for this challenge. I've checked several threads on here and I'm almost certain it should be correct. It does link to the details page for the case. 

I initially just had the ID linking but have changed it so both case number and id link via id in case that mattered. 

I've also previously tried having a complete url as the value but no luck. 

Any help would be appreciated.

<apex:page controller="NewCaseListController">

<apex:pageBlock title="New Case List" id="cases_list">

<apex:repeat value="{! newcases }" var="cases">

<apex:outputLink value="/{! cases.id}">
        ID:  {! cases.id }
        </apex:outputLink><br/>
        <apex:outputLink value="/{! cases.id}">
        Case Number:  {! cases.CaseNumber }
        </apex:outputLink><br/>    

</apex:repeat>

</apex:pageBlock>
create an Apex class that inserts a new account named after an incoming parameter. If the account is successfully inserted, the method should return the account record. If a DML exception occurs, the method should return null?
The Apex class must be called 'AccountHandler' and be in the public scope.
The Apex class must have a public static method called 'insertNewAccount'.
The 'insertNewAccount' method must accept an incoming string as a parameter, name the account after the parameter, insert it into the system and then return the account record.
The 'insertNewAccount' method must also accept an empty string, catch the failed DML and return null.

I am trying to write a simple query to acces the Live Chat Transcript table.

I know the api name is LiveChatTranscript, but when I execute the following simple query:

SELECT * FROM LiveChatTranscript LIMIT 100

I get the following error:

'INVALID_TYPE: sObject type 'LiveChatTranscript' is not supported.

Is there something I have to do to make it queryable?  I have also noticed I cannot access it in the Apex Data Loader, which seems odd as well.

Hello Gurus,

I want to schedule a report but when the report runs it should run with a different user.

I  know this functionality is available ...but don't know how to do that 

Thanks in advance !!