• Member since 2015

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi,

I've already scoured the internet looking for an answer to this. I'm basically trying to come up with a workaround to provide field history tracking on tasks. I've found related threads with suggestions to create a trigger or workflow rule that creates a new task or object record if a field is changed. I've seen some code examples, but nothing that quite fits the bill. I also read that workflow formulas cannot trigger off the ActivityDate field (?), and that this has to be done through Apex. I'm still very new to this.

I'd like to receive notification if an incomplete task's due date is changed. This notification should include the task ID, Subject, Related to, OwnerID (or better yet, UserID of the person who updated the field), old due date value and new due date value.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Hi,

I've already scoured the internet looking for an answer to this. I'm basically trying to come up with a workaround to provide field history tracking on tasks. I've found related threads with suggestions to create a trigger or workflow rule that creates a new task or object record if a field is changed. I've seen some code examples, but nothing that quite fits the bill. I also read that workflow formulas cannot trigger off the ActivityDate field (?), and that this has to be done through Apex. I'm still very new to this.

I'd like to receive notification if an incomplete task's due date is changed. This notification should include the task ID, Subject, Related to, OwnerID (or better yet, UserID of the person who updated the field), old due date value and new due date value.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!