• 0 Points
  • Member since 2015

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Following this guide https://help.salesforce.com/apex/HTViewHelpDoc?id=admin_files_connect_sp_online_xds.htm&language=en_US 

1. From Setup, click Develop | External Data Sources.
2. Click New External Data Source. Then set the following options.

Label: A user-friendly name for the data source displayed in theSalesforce user interface.
Name: A unique identifier used to refer to this external data sourcedefinition through the API. The Name field can contain only underscores and alphanumeric characters. It must be unique, begin with a letter, not include spaces, not end with an underscore, and not contain two consecutive underscores.
Type: Choose Files Connect: SharePoint Online or Files Connect: OneDrive for Business.

I am trying to set up a new external Data Source for Sharepoint Online and OneDrive but when I get to step 2 the only option I have for type is "None" and "Simple URL" I have followed all the previous steps for the Salesforce Files Connect setup. I am an admin and am using the Enterprise edition of salesforce.

I have tried to open a case but it keeps getting closed informing me that this is a developer issue that needs to be answered here, but to me this is something that is missing in my salesforce implementation. 
Following this guide https://help.salesforce.com/apex/HTViewHelpDoc?id=admin_files_connect_sp_online_xds.htm&language=en_US 

1. From Setup, click Develop | External Data Sources.
2. Click New External Data Source. Then set the following options.

Label: A user-friendly name for the data source displayed in theSalesforce user interface.
Name: A unique identifier used to refer to this external data sourcedefinition through the API. The Name field can contain only underscores and alphanumeric characters. It must be unique, begin with a letter, not include spaces, not end with an underscore, and not contain two consecutive underscores.
Type: Choose Files Connect: SharePoint Online or Files Connect: OneDrive for Business.

I am trying to set up a new external Data Source for Sharepoint Online and OneDrive but when I get to step 2 the only option I have for type is "None" and "Simple URL" I have followed all the previous steps for the Salesforce Files Connect setup. I am an admin and am using the Enterprise edition of salesforce.

I have tried to open a case but it keeps getting closed informing me that this is a developer issue that needs to be answered here, but to me this is something that is missing in my salesforce implementation.