• Consultant
  • Bigger Boat Consulting

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
As I'm working my way through Trailhead to reassure myself, learn some new tricks, and train for ADM201, I have to admit I feel like I'm going all over the place. First we make a Fundraiser object, then WHOOSH we have to make a Garage? Oh okay, next challenge, we're making trails. Trails on Trailhead. I love it. And then Campsites, great, camping and hiking, all related. I'm feeling good.

A few challenges later? Project management! But only for a second because now we're talking role hierarchy for a sales organization. And by the time we hit workflows we're escalating cases and I haven't gone hiking in way too long. I'm making a Flow to create Opportunities, I haven't even gone outside! 

It'd be AMAZING if Trailhead gave me the feeling of actually creating something full featured, like the workbooks do. It's very distracting to be all over the map, and my schema is getting packed! The camping/hiking/trail app sounds like a lot of fun, and lets us as admins in training break away from the monotony of sales processes (especially when Trailhead isn't even actually teaching us those features!)
As I'm working my way through Trailhead to reassure myself, learn some new tricks, and train for ADM201, I have to admit I feel like I'm going all over the place. First we make a Fundraiser object, then WHOOSH we have to make a Garage? Oh okay, next challenge, we're making trails. Trails on Trailhead. I love it. And then Campsites, great, camping and hiking, all related. I'm feeling good.

A few challenges later? Project management! But only for a second because now we're talking role hierarchy for a sales organization. And by the time we hit workflows we're escalating cases and I haven't gone hiking in way too long. I'm making a Flow to create Opportunities, I haven't even gone outside! 

It'd be AMAZING if Trailhead gave me the feeling of actually creating something full featured, like the workbooks do. It's very distracting to be all over the map, and my schema is getting packed! The camping/hiking/trail app sounds like a lot of fun, and lets us as admins in training break away from the monotony of sales processes (especially when Trailhead isn't even actually teaching us those features!)
Hello everyone,
I have a question in an area where I am stuck after creating a new stand-alone Lightning app. I do not want to run the Lightning app on the Salesforce1 platform but want to run it on a desktop platform from within the Salesforce org. What process does one have to go through to set up a stand alone Lightning App to be launched from within the Salesforce org? Is there a way to link Salesforce tabs to the Lightning App that will launch the app when they are clicked like you can with Visualforce pages or to add the Lightning App in the Apps menu? I am not able to find any documentation or how to use desktop Lightning Apps from within Salesforce or if that is possible at this time.

Very frustrating.
SF team, please heed this suggestion.
Search is uselsess to differentiate between the two.
Could someone that actually has the ability to fix this please respond.
Thanks kindly.