• Member since 2015

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi..
I am working with custom meta data type.. now i need to update record of custom  metadata type by edit button in vf page..
so please tell me can we update record of custom metadata  in vf page..

Thanks and regards,
Nansi kela..

I am creating a set of child records, prompting the user for how many to create (and some other fields that will populate to the children)
How do I get from a screen input field into an sObject collection suitable for a FastCreate insertion? 
examples?  
We religously set up the "Assignee" and "Product Owner" fields on our assignment rules on every product tag, in the expectation that, when work items are created, these fields will be automatically filled in.  To be specific, we have set up assignment rules for record types "User Story" and "Bug".

What we see:
  1. We set up assignment rules for a product tag, with Assignee and Product Owner filled in, for the "Bug" and "User Story" record type.
  2. We use "New Work" (either from sprint wall or from Work tab) to create a new work item with the same product tag as in step 1.
  3. The Assignee and Product Owner fields are null.
What we expected to see:
  1. We set up assignment rules for a product tag, with Assignee and Product Owner filled in, for the "Bug" and "User Story" record type.
  2. We use "New Work" (either from sprint wall or from Work tab) to create a new work item with the same product tag as in step 1.
  3. The Assignee and Product Owner fields have been filled in with the respective fields from the applicable assignment rule.
Is anyone out there seeing these work as designed, or does anyone have any suggestions about how to enable this supposedly out-of-the-box behavior?

I raised case #11639080 to ask for an explanation why a Loop in my flow - actually I have tested the same thing in several flows now - is not iterating over an sObject collection, and it has been confirmed that the behavior I am seeing has no obvious explanation.  However, they were unable to help me further since developer support is not included in Basic Support.

I have a flow that performs a Fast Lookup and sets an sObject collection called "licenseParts".  It then flows to a Loop that iterates over licenseParts, setting loop variable "part" on each iteration.  Unfortunately, though, it doesn't.  Instead, the Loop sets "part" to the first object in the collection multiple times - as many times as the collection size - but never assigns any of the other objects to this variable.  E.g., If the collection size is 9, it sets "part" to the first object 9 times, but never assigns any of the other 8 objects to the loop variable.  The loop is therefore useless for the purpose of processing each object in the collection.

I can confirm that the setup and usage of the Loop element matches exactly the setup and usage in the Loop example in Help.

Any suggestion on why the Loop is behaving this way?  Or is this just a flow engine defect?  Thanks for any insight.
We religously set up the "Assignee" and "Product Owner" fields on our assignment rules on every product tag, in the expectation that, when work items are created, these fields will be automatically filled in.  To be specific, we have set up assignment rules for record types "User Story" and "Bug".

What we see:
  3. The Assignee and Product Owner fields are null.
What we expected to see:
  3. The Assignee and Product Owner fields have been filled in with the respective fields from the applicable assignment rule.
Is anyone out there seeing these work as designed, or does anyone have any suggestions about how to enable this supposedly out-of-the-box behavior?

Hi..
I am working with custom meta data type.. now i need to update record of custom  metadata type by edit button in vf page..
so please tell me can we update record of custom metadata  in vf page..

Thanks and regards,
Nansi kela..

I am creating a set of child records, prompting the user for how many to create (and some other fields that will populate to the children)
How do I get from a screen input field into an sObject collection suitable for a FastCreate insertion? 
examples?  
I raised case #11639080 to ask for an explanation why a Loop in my flow - actually I have tested the same thing in several flows now - is not iterating over an sObject collection, and it has been confirmed that the behavior I am seeing has no obvious explanation.  However, they were unable to help me further since developer support is not included in Basic Support.

I have a flow that performs a Fast Lookup and sets an sObject collection called "licenseParts".  It then flows to a Loop that iterates over licenseParts, setting loop variable "part" on each iteration.  Unfortunately, though, it doesn't.  Instead, the Loop sets "part" to the first object in the collection multiple times - as many times as the collection size - but never assigns any of the other objects to this variable.  E.g., If the collection size is 9, it sets "part" to the first object 9 times, but never assigns any of the other 8 objects to the loop variable.  The loop is therefore useless for the purpose of processing each object in the collection.

I can confirm that the setup and usage of the Loop element matches exactly the setup and usage in the Loop example in Help.

Any suggestion on why the Loop is behaving this way?  Or is this just a flow engine defect?  Thanks for any insight.