• 0 Points
  • Member since 2015

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
In our organization, we have older contacts who pass away.  We want to retain their historical records, but want to avoid accidentally contacting contacts who've passed away.  I've read that a workflow rule can be created to append or prepend their name field but I lack the ability to write the code required to make this happen.

I have inserted a custom field with a checkbox that indicates that the contact is inactive, but what would the next steps in the workflow rule look like?  Thanks in advance for your assistance.
In our organization, we have older contacts who pass away.  We want to retain their historical records, but want to avoid accidentally contacting contacts who've passed away.  I've read that a workflow rule can be created to append or prepend their name field but I lack the ability to write the code required to make this happen.

I have inserted a custom field with a checkbox that indicates that the contact is inactive, but what would the next steps in the workflow rule look like?  Thanks in advance for your assistance.