• Member since 2015

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi there!

I'm a newbie and I'd like to ask you if somebody could write a trigger for me that is able to change the Account owner with the User a new Event is assigned to.

Thanks a lot,

Kind Regards
Hello!

Here's my code to update a lookup field value (Campagna_Account__c) on an Account object using a trigger that update it getting the value from a custom object (Sottocampagna__c):
trigger PopolaCampagna on Account (before insert, before update) {

Sottocampagna__c var = [

SELECT Campagna__r.Id
        FROM Sottocampagna__c
        WHERE Name='Segugio'

];

for (Account a: Trigger.new) {
   a.Campagna_Account__c = var.Campagna__r.Id;

}

Now my question is: how can I substitute the value 'Segugio' with a variable that pick up the value of a particular field on Account object called Sottocampagna__r.Name?

I'm a newbie, and your answer let me learn tons of things...

Thank you so much

I'm just trying to update a lookup field value (Campagna_Account__c) on Account object using a trigger that should update it getting the value from a custom object (Sottocampagna__c).
I think the query is right because it runs well on Force.com Explorer, so I think the problem is somewhere else.

Here's the error line displayed when trigger fires:

data changed by trigger for field Campagna: id value of incorrect type: a06250000004FDNAA2

Here's my code:

Sottocampagna__c var = [
SELECT Campagna__r.Id
FROM Sottocampagna__c
WHERE Name='Segugio'

];

a.Campagna_Account__c = var.Id;
   }
}
Thank you for helping me!

Hi there!

I'm a newbie and I'd like to ask you if somebody could write a trigger for me that is able to change the Account owner with the User a new Event is assigned to.

Thanks a lot,

Kind Regards
Hello!

Here's my code to update a lookup field value (Campagna_Account__c) on an Account object using a trigger that update it getting the value from a custom object (Sottocampagna__c):

Sottocampagna__c var = [

SELECT Campagna__r.Id
        FROM Sottocampagna__c
        WHERE Name='Segugio'

];

a.Campagna_Account__c = var.Campagna__r.Id;

}

Now my question is: how can I substitute the value 'Segugio' with a variable that pick up the value of a particular field on Account object called Sottocampagna__r.Name?

I'm a newbie, and your answer let me learn tons of things...

Thank you so much

I'm just trying to update a lookup field value (Campagna_Account__c) on Account object using a trigger that should update it getting the value from a custom object (Sottocampagna__c).
I think the query is right because it runs well on Force.com Explorer, so I think the problem is somewhere else.

Here's the error line displayed when trigger fires:

data changed by trigger for field Campagna: id value of incorrect type: a06250000004FDNAA2

Here's my code:

Sottocampagna__c var = [
SELECT Campagna__r.Id
FROM Sottocampagna__c
WHERE Name='Segugio'

];

a.Campagna_Account__c = var.Id;
   }
}
Thank you for helping me!