• 25 Points
  • Member since 2015

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi, Can anyone suggest me how to make a custom field(Data Type Number) on Account object editable on creat/edit page but hidden on detail page once record is saved.
From previous question & answers I understand that it is possible only through VF page to override the settings. Can someone explain how this can be done eithr standerd if possible otherwise if not through VF page in detail. ( I am new to programming, a sample of code will be appreciated)
I have a custom object 'CO'. On this I have a standard Name field 'COName' of data type Text(80).
Some of the records on this object have the COName values in the number format '0000'.
Some of them have COName values which include some text in it like 'xxx000000'.
I want the field COName values with only numbers in the field value to change to the format  'xxx000000'.
I tried workflow but it fires only either when record is created or pdated. But I want them dynamically change.
I have nearly 600 records for which this change has to be done. these records have been created from past 5 years.
Can any one help me how to do this either by coding in Visual force or apex or any other way.
Once these changes have been done I am planning to change the data type of this field to Autonumber for maintaining the consistancy.
 Thanks.
Note: I am new to coding. So a detailed explanation with code shall be appreciated.

Hi I am new to Triggers programming.
I have 2 custom objects PR1 and AD1. I have some fields on PR1 about 10 of different data types. I had created same field lables on AD1.
I have some records which have been created earlier with a field 'Boxname' with only numbers (ex: 0456 format) with a text field data type on object AD1.
Now I have records which are newly created with format (Boxname-000458 format) in 'Boxname' field on object AD1.

Now I want to transfer the field values from PR1 to AD1 for the common fields which have the 'Boxname' format as Boxname-000458 dynamically.

So that I can either hide or delete the fields on PR1 aftr the data transfer is complete as I want these fields only on AD1.

Can anyone please suggest accordingly how to accomplish this?
Thanks in advance.

Hi, Can anyone suggest me how to make a custom field(Data Type Number) on Account object editable on creat/edit page but hidden on detail page once record is saved.
From previous question & answers I understand that it is possible only through VF page to override the settings. Can someone explain how this can be done eithr standerd if possible otherwise if not through VF page in detail. ( I am new to programming, a sample of code will be appreciated)
I have a custom object 'CO'. On this I have a standard Name field 'COName' of data type Text(80).
Some of the records on this object have the COName values in the number format '0000'.
Some of them have COName values which include some text in it like 'xxx000000'.
I want the field COName values with only numbers in the field value to change to the format  'xxx000000'.
I tried workflow but it fires only either when record is created or pdated. But I want them dynamically change.
I have nearly 600 records for which this change has to be done. these records have been created from past 5 years.
Can any one help me how to do this either by coding in Visual force or apex or any other way.
Once these changes have been done I am planning to change the data type of this field to Autonumber for maintaining the consistancy.
 Thanks.
Note: I am new to coding. So a detailed explanation with code shall be appreciated.