• Senior Delivery Manager & Salesforce Consultant
  • SIWAY

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I have requirement to change the owner of the opportunity to account owner and if the account owner is inactive change it to the respective user (Sys admin). How can i achieve this? I am trying to use process builder ( I think I will need 2) but it does not work? Can some one help me by throwing some light. I am not so good at trigers:(
Hi there,

I created the following report formula called 'Total for Current FQ'. In the report, the opportunity values, should added up to the summary value but that is not the case. See image of the report below.  I appreciate any help on this. Thank you!

IF(OR((
Opportunity.Total_Amount_for_Current_FQ__c:SUM==0.00),
Opportunity.Total_Amount_for_Current_FQ__c:SUM==null), AMOUNT:SUM,
Opportunity.Total_Amount_for_Current_FQ__c:SUM)

User-added image

Here is the report:
User-added image

Beth

Hi Community,
We use translations in PathAssistantStep, in several languages.

When trying to deploy from DEV to QA environment with ANT, we noticed, it's only possible to declare the path, but not the translations for the steps.

Déclaration :
<types>
        <members>CRM_SalesOpportunity</members>
        <name>PathAssistant</name>
    </types>
Retrieved in CRM_SalesOpportunity.pathAssistant:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<PathAssistant xmlns="http://soap.sforce.com/2006/04/metadata">
    <active>true</active>
    <entityName>Opportunity</entityName>
    <fieldName>StageName</fieldName>
    <masterLabel>Sales Opportunity</masterLabel>
    <pathAssistantSteps>
        <fieldNames>CRM_CancelledReason__c</fieldNames>
        <picklistValueName>Cancelled</picklistValueName>
    </pathAssistantSteps>
    <pathAssistantSteps>
        <fieldNames>Name</fieldNames>
        <fieldNames>AccountId</fieldNames>
        <fieldNames>CloseDate</fieldNames>
        <fieldNames>CRM_ExpectedDeliveryDate__c</fieldNames>
        <fieldNames>LeadSource</fieldNames>
        <info>&lt;ul&gt;&lt;li&gt;&lt;b style=&quot;font-size: 10pt;&quot;&gt;Good job!&lt;/b&gt;&lt;span style=&quot;font-size: 10pt;&quot;&gt; New business is coming in.&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/li&gt;&lt;/ul&gt;&lt;p&gt;&lt;span style=&quot;font-size: 10pt;&quot;&gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;ul&gt;&lt;li&gt;&lt;span style=&quot;font-size: 10pt;&quot;&gt;At this stage, estimate the revenue potential of the deal and the Close Date to get your pipeline running.&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/li&gt;&lt;/ul&gt;&lt;p&gt;&lt;br&gt;&lt;/p&gt;</info>
        <picklistValueName>Discovery</picklistValueName>
    </pathAssistantSteps>
[....]
    <recordTypeName>CRM_OPP_Sales</recordTypeName>
</PathAssistant>
What we are now trying to retrieve (and to deploy) are the translations of the Sales Path Guidance Messages, know as PathAssistantStep (actually in the <info> tag)
In the administration, it's managed in Translation under the component "Path Step Rich Text"
It seems there is no documentation at https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.api_meta.meta/api_meta/meta_pathassistant.htm for this Meta.

Did anyone already have this limitation ?

Thanks for support !

Hi there,
I just began to create test classes and I had a question about the good practices.

Assume we have a trigger that updates a "LastOrderDate__c" on Account, based on the field EffectiveDate in Order object.
We can have different cases :
  • We delete an order - Account had only this order => LastOrderDate__c becomes null
  • We delete an order - Account had several orders => LastOrderDate__c becomes the max(EffectiveDate) of his other orders
  • We create/update an order => LastOrderDate__c becomes the max(EffectiveDate) of all his orders
My question is :
Should I make only one test class including all the steps to cover all the cases ?
  • test class
    • create order 1
    • create order 2
    • delete order 1
    • delete order 2
Or should I make one test class for each case :
  • test class1
    • create order
  • test class2
    • create order
    • delete order
  • test class3
    • create order1
    • create order2
    • delete order1
    • delete order2
I ask this question because the real purpose of this class test is to check if the value of LastOrderDate is correct.
Should I then test with System.assertEquals the value of LastOrderDate after each action (create/delete) ?

Thanks for your help
Hi team 

Will anyone please tell me why this error occurs ?
I already made a post but no answer :(

it displays after I create the 3 knowledge record types and assign the 3 layouts to these ones

thanks for support
Hi Team,
I completed the requirements for the step 8, but when validating, I get the followin error :

There was an unexpected error while verifying this challenge. Usually this is due to some pre-existing configuration or code in the challenge Org. We recommend using a new Developer Edition (DE) to check this challenge. If you're using a new DE and seeing this error, please post to the developer forums and reference error id: GQTZPYZA

I tried with a new org, but still the same.
I retried, validating step by step to see where it's blocking exactly :
* Activating Knowledge : pass
* Creating fields : pass
* Creating layouts : failed => from this step, I got the error

I really don't want to retake the whole challenge :(
Could someone from the Trailhead team identify the error for me ?
Thanks a lot !
Hi,

I don't understand why I still get an error while validating the first challenge

Account are deduplicated, names are not in uppercase, and all fields are correctly imported (Residential type was activated)

list of accounts

But still this message :

error
Any idea ? I made it on 2 different playground orgs, and still the same

Hi there,
I just began to create test classes and I had a question about the good practices.

Assume we have a trigger that updates a "LastOrderDate__c" on Account, based on the field EffectiveDate in Order object.
We can have different cases :
  • We delete an order - Account had only this order => LastOrderDate__c becomes null
  • We delete an order - Account had several orders => LastOrderDate__c becomes the max(EffectiveDate) of his other orders
  • We create/update an order => LastOrderDate__c becomes the max(EffectiveDate) of all his orders
My question is :
Should I make only one test class including all the steps to cover all the cases ?
  • test class
    • create order 1
    • create order 2
    • delete order 1
    • delete order 2
Or should I make one test class for each case :
  • test class1
    • create order
  • test class2
    • create order
    • delete order
  • test class3
    • create order1
    • create order2
    • delete order1
    • delete order2
I ask this question because the real purpose of this class test is to check if the value of LastOrderDate is correct.
Should I then test with System.assertEquals the value of LastOrderDate after each action (create/delete) ?

Thanks for your help
Hi team 

Will anyone please tell me why this error occurs ?
I already made a post but no answer :(

it displays after I create the 3 knowledge record types and assign the 3 layouts to these ones

thanks for support
Hi Team,
I completed the requirements for the step 8, but when validating, I get the followin error :

There was an unexpected error while verifying this challenge. Usually this is due to some pre-existing configuration or code in the challenge Org. We recommend using a new Developer Edition (DE) to check this challenge. If you're using a new DE and seeing this error, please post to the developer forums and reference error id: GQTZPYZA

I tried with a new org, but still the same.
I retried, validating step by step to see where it's blocking exactly :
* Activating Knowledge : pass
* Creating fields : pass
* Creating layouts : failed => from this step, I got the error

I really don't want to retake the whole challenge :(
Could someone from the Trailhead team identify the error for me ?
Thanks a lot !
Hi,

I don't understand why I still get an error while validating the first challenge

Account are deduplicated, names are not in uppercase, and all fields are correctly imported (Residential type was activated)

list of accounts

But still this message :

error
Any idea ? I made it on 2 different playground orgs, and still the same

I have requirement to change the owner of the opportunity to account owner and if the account owner is inactive change it to the respective user (Sys admin). How can i achieve this? I am trying to use process builder ( I think I will need 2) but it does not work? Can some one help me by throwing some light. I am not so good at trigers:(
Hi, I'd like to include a coupon code with my automated emails and I'm not sure how to set that up. Any help would be greatly appreciated! 

Thank you!

Field: "Lead Source" is currently a "Pick List". I either want to change it to a text field or have an option for a pick list and then fill in another selection not listed on pick list.
On the Ideas Object, how can I get the child Ideas (merged Ideas) to inherit the Status of the Master Idea if it is changed? The Ideas Object does not have record types. I tried to create a workflow rule with a field update but there is not an option to reference the child status from the master status. Process builder does not support Ideas yet so there is no option there. It seems odd to me that nobody else would have come across this issue yet. Doesn't it make sense that the merged Ideas status should update to whatever the Master Ideas status is? I've created a lookup relationship with Opportunities on Ideas and I wanted to be able to alert Opportunity Owners when an Idea became available so that they can close the loop with our customers. Does anyone have a suggestion on how I can get the merged Ideas status to inherit the Master Idea when it is changed? I posted this in community Questions and Pruthvi Raj suggested that I post here also. Thanks!
Hi there,

I created the following report formula called 'Total for Current FQ'. In the report, the opportunity values, should added up to the summary value but that is not the case. See image of the report below.  I appreciate any help on this. Thank you!

IF(OR((
Opportunity.Total_Amount_for_Current_FQ__c:SUM==0.00),
Opportunity.Total_Amount_for_Current_FQ__c:SUM==null), AMOUNT:SUM,
Opportunity.Total_Amount_for_Current_FQ__c:SUM)

User-added image

Here is the report:
User-added image

Beth

Hi all,

I have created a new field within Campaign Members called "Role". A campaign member may have a role of "Author" for instance. What I'm trying to do is display the name of the Campaign Member with that Role within the Campaign page layout. So for instance:

I have a campaign called "Book Discussion" and there are a number of Campaign Members:

Name: Mike Smith
Role: Janitor

Name: Bill Smith
Role: Author

Name: Sandra Smith
Role: Assistant

When I click the Campaign I want to see a field (likely a formula field, read only) showing which of those members has the role of "Author". One of the reasons I want this is because I want to create a view that will show who has the Author "role".

Is there a way to do this? I tried to do this using formulas but I don't have the experience necessary.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Alan Miller