• 0 Points
  • Member since 2015

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
So I got the permission to delete managed components from SF Support. Problem is I can delete some classes that are part of our managed package but not others. 

I can't see the 'Del' Button in the UI and in the Console I get a message box with the error: 'insufficient access rights on object id' with the title 'INSUFFICIENT_ACCESS_OR_READONLY'. 
Support says it's a referencing error (classes being referenced by others) but now I'm a situation where I can't delete any of our managed classes.
So I got the permission(from SF support) to delete managed components from our managed package. And then I started deleting like a naive simpleton... I ended up being unable to access the managed package(when I went to Setup->Create->Packages->My managed package it gave a black and white error which I never experienced with SF in 3+ years of exp). Back to support, after escalations and clarifications they concluded that I deleted a component which another one from the package had a relationship so I just needed to delete the other one that gave the error. This took about 3 weeks(the support part).
Now I have to delete the rest of the components which there are plenty - what would be a correct, hierarchical way in order not to end with the above situation again? Will the old Eclipse Deployment order work here(the hierarchy part)?
Hello,

I'm just wondering what's the best way to encrypt JSON data fields that come from an external system. I'm storing said JSON data in Long Text Areas in a custom object. 
Some say if you ecnrypt JSON fields some data clipping may occur - is this true?
Thanks.
Hey, I need to create a managed package that syncs some data into a custom object via json. 
After data comes in I need to have some triggers on that package that translates that data into Standard SF objects(Contact, Event, etc)
The 'data translation' is done via a trigger on the custom object. I need to have that trigger editable after deploy in case some customers have a bunch of custom fields or even objects that need to be translated to.
Am I correct in aproaching this with triggers? If so I need to have the triggers outside the managed package which then rises another question:
How would I go about this seeing how I want to implement SoC, Service/Domain layers, Selectors ? Should I just exclude all from managed package?
Hi,

I'm a newbie in SF and I'm trying to deploy some code that checks if Person integration is enabled (if it is it does some stuff, if it doesn't it does other stuff). But the compiler tells me 'Invalid field FirstName for SObject Account' which is correct but that's the point. If it has Persons activated then it has the fields FirstName and LastName on Accounts...
If I develop this code on an org which has Persons enabled and package it into an App and then an org w/o Persons enabled installs the said app will it receive an error or it will work like it's supposed to?
Thanks.
Hi,

We need to make code changes for an app in salesforce. We have to deploy the package into our org. From what I read we don't have access to code in a managed package so I created from the A-org an unamanged package (didn't 'upload' it) identically to the managed package. I got that unmanaged package with the IDE and manually deleted the namespace and deployed that package into the B-org (our org). That package contains 2 remote apps. Is this the correct method? Because I can't get the apps to work. How can we see the code changes in the app? What's the best way to do this?
Hi,

We need to make code changes for an app in salesforce. We have to deploy the package into our org. From what I read we don't have access to code in a managed package so I created from the A-org an unamanged package (didn't 'upload' it) identically to the managed package. I got that unmanaged package with the IDE and manually deleted the namespace and deployed that package into the B-org (our org). That package contains 2 remote apps. Is this the correct method? Because I can't get the apps to work. How can we see the code changes in the app? What's the best way to do this?