• 0 Points
  • Member since 2015

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
We have a report whose field values are icons. The files are stored within Salesforce. We would like to be able to print that out but when we go into Printable View we are presented with an Excel spreadsheet of empty files with red "x" in them due to the unaccessible file.
What can I do about this ? I understand the file is not on my computer and therefore not accessible to Excel. So is there any kind of solution ?

This is how the report appears.

This is the "Printable View" with the missing icon files.
I have an approval process which will require different email templates for different steps. For some of the steps the default basic email will suffice. But for other steps I want to use a custom template. I intend to use an Email Alert for the steps which require custom templates. Will this result in the approvers for those steps receiving two emails - the standard email and the one which comes from the email alert triggered by the approval process ? 
I am attempting to distribute Leads from a list on a weekly basis. I have this code which is producing an error : "Global variable must be contained in a global class". I don't understand this since I have the class labeled as global.

global class WeeklyPreOppProcessor {
{
    global void execute (SchedulableContext scx)
    {

Group group = [Select Id, Name FROM Group 
                       WHERE Type = 'Queue' 
                       AND Name = 'Distributed_Queue'];

List<Lead> lstLead = [SELECT Id, Name, OwnerId 
                              FROM Lead 
                              WHERE Distributed__c = false LIMIT 50];
        for(Lead leadObj:lstLead)
        {
            leadObj.Distributed__c = true;
            leadObj.OwnerId = group.Id;
        }
        update lstLead;
    }

}

Any ideas ?
I have a giant spreadsheet which is a list of 1,000+ potential clients. I would like to produce 10 new Leads from this per day to be used by our sales team. Is there a way to do this automatically ? All I can think of is to peel off 10 per day and import them. 

Could Informatica be beneficial with this ? I know I could set up tasks to run an upsert daily, but I don't know how I would peel off only 10 every day. 

Thank you.
I am attempting to remove the 'Reports' and 'Tools' sections which appear after clicking on the Accounts tab. All of the solutions which I have seen so far involve creating a VF page, and assigning the Accounts tab to it which I don't want to do. 

Since I apparently cannot remove the two sections any other way, is there anything I can set to prevent the user from using anything in the Tools section ? I know I could turn off their Reporting capabilities to prevent them from clicking on the Reports, but they can still use the Tools.

...but if you know another way to get rid of the Tools and Report section altogether that would work too.

Thank you.
I have a different record for each of our 50 stores. Each sale is associated with a specific store. So you can into that stores record and see all of the sales for that store in a related list. The Owner of each one of these records is the Store Manager. Therefore, the Manager can go into reports and see "My Stores" reports which show statistics for their store.

i would like to have the Assistant Manager of each store to have the same capability. He will be identified in a "Assistant Manager" field in the record and I would like for him to be able to have the capability of "My..." reports.

What is the best approach to this ? I was thinking of using criteria based sharing rules, granting access if the user is the one identified as the Assistant Manager. But I wasn't sure if that would allow for "My...." reports.

I was also wondering if I would be better off creating queues for each store and putting the Manager and Assistant Manager into the queue - and then making the queue the owner. But that seems more difficult to maintain because I think it would require an admin to change queue membership upon employee turnover, as opposed to allowing the Manager or Assistant Manager changing field values in the store record. 

Your thoughts ? Suggestions ?

Thank you.
I am trying to figure out a way to embed a web site onto a Salesforce dashboard by using a Visualforce component on a Dashbaord. I'm currently using an iframe approach. However, it is only appearing as a tiny window just like every other Dashboard component such as Reports, Charts etc. 

Is there a way to give the component a bigger window on the dashboard so maybe it could take up the entire width (or close to it).

Should I be using a the plain web link somehow instead of the iframe ? 

Should I not even be using Dashboards ? Is there a better way to display a Visualforce page which is for this ? 

Thank you very much.

I am attempting to use a Flow after updating User records with a DML operation (Informatica task). However, it is not allowing me to do a Record Create or Fast Update with other objects in the Flow which is launched by the editing of the User record. I'm getting the "DML operation on setup object is not permitted after you have updated a non-setup object (or vice versa)"

Is there any way around this when using a Flow after the User update ? 
I have been trying to get support on this problem for a day now. I have attempted to open a case, but was told it is a "Developer" problem and being a Standard client I was unable to open a Developer problem and needed to come on here in order to get support. I have researched the through the Developer forum, and followed suggestions and the debugging tool has provided NO HELP.

I AM NOW UNABLE TO PROPERLY SAVE AND RUN NEW FLOWS AND NEED HELP ON THIS ASAP !

I get the following error when attempting to save one of my Flows :

"Error : We're sorry, but a serious error occurred. Please don't close the Cloud Flow Designer window. Contact Salesforce Customer Support as soon as possible."

I am able to save other Flows. Only this Flow is giving me this error.

I have been able to save the Flow previously.

Thank you.

Is it possible to create messages to the user telling them why they have not met the Entry Criteria just as you would for a Validation Rule ? 

ie : "You cannot Submit this for Approval because the Status is already Approved" 

Thank you.
I am trying to figure out a way to embed a web site onto a Salesforce dashboard by using a Visualforce component on a Dashbaord. I'm currently using an iframe approach. However, it is only appearing as a tiny window just like every other Dashboard component such as Reports, Charts etc. 

Is there a way to give the component a bigger window on the dashboard so maybe it could take up the entire width (or close to it).

Should I be using a the plain web link somehow instead of the iframe ? 

Should I not even be using Dashboards ? Is there a better way to display a Visualforce page which is for this ? 

Thank you very much.

I am attempting to distribute Leads from a list on a weekly basis. I have this code which is producing an error : "Global variable must be contained in a global class". I don't understand this since I have the class labeled as global.

global class WeeklyPreOppProcessor {
{
    global void execute (SchedulableContext scx)
    {

Group group = [Select Id, Name FROM Group 
                       WHERE Type = 'Queue' 
                       AND Name = 'Distributed_Queue'];

List<Lead> lstLead = [SELECT Id, Name, OwnerId 
                              FROM Lead 
                              WHERE Distributed__c = false LIMIT 50];
        for(Lead leadObj:lstLead)
        {
            leadObj.Distributed__c = true;
            leadObj.OwnerId = group.Id;
        }
        update lstLead;
    }

}

Any ideas ?
I have a giant spreadsheet which is a list of 1,000+ potential clients. I would like to produce 10 new Leads from this per day to be used by our sales team. Is there a way to do this automatically ? All I can think of is to peel off 10 per day and import them. 

Could Informatica be beneficial with this ? I know I could set up tasks to run an upsert daily, but I don't know how I would peel off only 10 every day. 

Thank you.