• 0 Points
  • Member since 2015

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I’m new to visualforce pages, so any help is appreciated. I’m trying to build a form that requires the user to select a title from a master-detail lookup field, which causes a formula field to be updated thereby displaying a name from the parent object. After selecting the title, the formula field is not updating. I’ve tried several approaches, including the recalculateformulas() method, but can’t get the formula field name to appear after selecting the title. Is what I’m attempting possible? If so, please provide a sample approach. Thanks.
I'm fairly new to APIs and web service data integrations so any help would be appreciated. I have 4 custom fields--ISBN, title, publisher and author--as part of book app. Using the API at http://isbndb.com/api/v2/docs, I would like to obtain the ISBN/EAN of a particular book, given the title, publisher and author, and enter that number in the ISBN field.  Is there a way I can do this using Apex?

Thanks.
Hi,
I'm trying to automatically launch (i.e., without a record create action) an email reminder when the date is within x months of a contract expiration date. I initially created a workflow rule, to be triggered when a formula status field changes its status within the x month time period, but discovered that formula fields don't trigger workflow rules.  So I'm considering creating a visual workflow that will create a record in the applicable contracts, thereby trigging the rule.  The only issue now is how to launch the visual workflow automatically (without necessarily having to click a button or link) maybe at a designated time each day.  Does anyone know if this is possible without non-Apex programming?

Thanks.
Hi All,
Since I'm now exploring Flows this may be a very simple question. I'm trying to transfer a value from one text field on custom object1 to the Name field on another custom object2.  I created a Record Lookup to get the value of the object1 field, assigning it to an SObject variable, then a Record Create to assign the SObject variable to the name field on object2. However, the name field on object2 gets populated with the 18-digit ID instead of the value.  How can I get value instead of the ID.
Thanks.
I'm not a developer, but I inherited a class from a prior developer that needs a minor tweak to the production code. I've made the change in the sandbox code, but can't deploy to prod because of coverage issues that were apparently not worked out by the prior developer. Based on what I've read, it appears that the best approach is to refresh the sandbox, try to increase coverage and try to deploy again. Two questions:

1) What happens when a developer sandbox is refreshed - is data deleted or is the metadata changed to match the prod environment while data is maintained?
2) Is there a way to backup the sandbox before refreshing?

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.

Still a newbie here.  I'm trying to determine the best way to find the average unit cost of the two most recent invoices associated with each of multiple projects. The project names (which includes duplicates) are part of the master object and the relevant invoice fields (quantity and amount) are part of the child object.  So far, this is what I have:

List<MasterObj__c> master = [SELECT id, (SELECT Invoice_Number__c, Inv_Amount__c, Inv_Quantity__c FROM ChildObj__r WHERE ORDER BY Invoice_Number__c DESC LIMIT 2) FROM MasterObj__c]; 

I need to find a way to assign the sum of invoice amounts and quantities for each project to a variables to calculate the average.

Thanks!
I'm still very new to coding so any help would be appreciated. I'm trying to write a simple class that sums the value of invoice amounts if the invoice numbers are the same. Here's the relevant section that throw this list type error:
"Expression must be a list type: Promo_Invoice__c at line 30 column 34"

List<Promo_Invoice__c> invoices = [SELECT Amount__c, External_ID__c, Invoice_Date__c, Invoice_Number__c, ISBN__c, Quantity__c FROM Promo_Invoice__c WHERE Promo_Sales__c = :promoID AND Invoice_Date__c < :PromoStart ORDER BY Invoice_Number__c DESC];
            for (Promo_Invoice__c eachinvoice : invoices)
            {
                if (eachinvoice[InvIndex].Invoice_Number__c = eachinvoice[InvIndex++].Invoice_Number__c) 
                {
                InvTotalAmount = eachinvoice[InvIndex].Amount__c + eachinvoice[InvIndex++].Amount__c;
                }
Thanks again for any help.
Hi All,
Since I'm now exploring Flows this may be a very simple question. I'm trying to transfer a value from one text field on custom object1 to the Name field on another custom object2.  I created a Record Lookup to get the value of the object1 field, assigning it to an SObject variable, then a Record Create to assign the SObject variable to the name field on object2. However, the name field on object2 gets populated with the 18-digit ID instead of the value.  How can I get value instead of the ID.
Thanks.
Still a newbie here.  I'm trying to determine the best way to find the average unit cost of the two most recent invoices associated with each of multiple projects. The project names (which includes duplicates) are part of the master object and the relevant invoice fields (quantity and amount) are part of the child object.  So far, this is what I have:

List<MasterObj__c> master = [SELECT id, (SELECT Invoice_Number__c, Inv_Amount__c, Inv_Quantity__c FROM ChildObj__r WHERE ORDER BY Invoice_Number__c DESC LIMIT 2) FROM MasterObj__c]; 

I need to find a way to assign the sum of invoice amounts and quantities for each project to a variables to calculate the average.

Thanks!
I'm still very new to coding so any help would be appreciated. I'm trying to write a simple class that sums the value of invoice amounts if the invoice numbers are the same. Here's the relevant section that throw this list type error:
"Expression must be a list type: Promo_Invoice__c at line 30 column 34"

List<Promo_Invoice__c> invoices = [SELECT Amount__c, External_ID__c, Invoice_Date__c, Invoice_Number__c, ISBN__c, Quantity__c FROM Promo_Invoice__c WHERE Promo_Sales__c = :promoID AND Invoice_Date__c < :PromoStart ORDER BY Invoice_Number__c DESC];
            for (Promo_Invoice__c eachinvoice : invoices)
            {
                if (eachinvoice[InvIndex].Invoice_Number__c = eachinvoice[InvIndex++].Invoice_Number__c) 
                {
                InvTotalAmount = eachinvoice[InvIndex].Amount__c + eachinvoice[InvIndex++].Amount__c;
                }
Thanks again for any help.