• Member since 2015
  • Salesforce

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I have enabled the google drive, but I don't see the option in chatter to be able to upload a file from my google drive. any ideas?

Thanks,
Hi, I'm facing a problem when deleting documents uploaded via Chatter.

So I have a numeric field called "TotalNumberOfDocuments__c" on Opportunity level that will increase/decrease everytime files are uploaded or deleted.

These are the cases:
- Attachments can be uploaded via Notes & Attachments related list (so far so good)
- Attachments can be deleted via Notes & Attachments related list (so far so good)
- Files can be posted on the opportunity feed (so far so good)
- Files can be deleted when feed post is deleted (so far so good)
- Files can be deleted via Notes & Attachments (outch)

The problem is that when a file is uploaded via Chatter and later is deleted on the Notes & Attachments related list (in this case a ContentDocument is deleted, but the FeedItem is kept). I can't find a way to get the opportunity which the file is related to.
Is there a way to get the FeedItem Id from the ContentDocument object that was delete? Via trigger after delete on the SObject ContentDocument?

Thanks

Im tring to replicate some of the Content Library features in my custom app so Im usgint the REST API to achive this. I successfully managed to add  Library features features like 
View Files in Folder (Inside a library)
Download a File 
Rename File
But when I try to Upload a file it says

[{"errorCode":"INSUFFICIENT_ACCESS_ON_CROSS_REFERENCE_ENTITY","message":"Cannot move a file into a folder you do not have access to."}]
Im sending a post request to https://ap1.salesforce.com/services/data/v40.0/connect/folders/07H900000008W0MEAU/items

However if I use the same API to upload to a sync folder I dont have any issues, it works.

Also if i upload a file from the browser it works, so defiantly I have the permission, I have double checked in the permission settings as well I have all permissions to upload a file. 

Doesn anyone know whats the possible reason ?

Hi,
We have created a Library in salesorce with some content docuemnts/pdf files under it. 
Our customers and partners wants the to view the content documents in the portal, How to create direct link to view pdf documents.
If I give the contentId in the link it is showing the content in preview mode as salesforce classic view which is not our requirement.
Any help is appreciated.

We have tried the below
-------------------------------------------------
> Uploaded docuements under static resource but disadvantage of static resurce is we cannot have files more than 5MB
> Created as Articles attachment but the articles are showing in KB search result , and we want to hide these files from selected users 

Thanks,
Anupama
I saw other posts precenting usage of SFDC itself. All I want is to not allow a user to post a first post in Chatter unless they have "signed" acknowledgement of the acceptable use policy.

So they can continue to use Salesforce as they are today. However, when they try to post their first post they are prevented unless they acknowledged the policy. Otherwise allow them to post.

Thoughts or links to similar thoughts?
Hi All,

How to post related object data of a contact record on the User's feed, who is following that Contact?

Any kind of suggestion is appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Grace
I was wondering if all notes taken on a lead/opportunity show up in chatter?
Hello everyone,

I know this has been asked a few times but so far none of the solutions provided work.

I want to disable Chatter Answers which I enabled by mistake in Production.

I have deleted everything in this URL (https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=000181537&type=1) except for the classes and trigger.

That is the problem, I have tried with the Developer Console (not possible), with Eclipse (times out) and this is not in the sandbox.
Hello, 

Can anyone help me with an issue please.  I am using Salesforce Chatter Document Previewer to view files.  A refresh image appear to click on for the image to display.  Upon 20-25 clicks, the file is displayed, and the user needs to wait around 2-3 minutes due to this behaviour.

refresh image that prompt user to click for file to be displayed

Has someone encounter the same problem earlier to propose me a solution please.

Regards,
Dhovisha
Hi,
  I would like to know is there a way to get changed files and newly uploaded/added files in Salesforce? In content management systems and cloud storages we usually have a pageToken or cursor with which we can load changed files and newly added files only instead of loading all files. 

PS : I use chatter api to load info regarding files in salesforce.
  • December 08, 2016
I have enabled the google drive, but I don't see the option in chatter to be able to upload a file from my google drive. any ideas?

Thanks,
Hi All,

I have uploade around 400 files to chatter. But to all files, i am owner of that files.

Now i want change all files to viewer as public in company.

How can i mass update these files? any setting or dataloader example?
Hi, I'm facing a problem when deleting documents uploaded via Chatter.

So I have a numeric field called "TotalNumberOfDocuments__c" on Opportunity level that will increase/decrease everytime files are uploaded or deleted.

These are the cases:
- Attachments can be uploaded via Notes & Attachments related list (so far so good)
- Attachments can be deleted via Notes & Attachments related list (so far so good)
- Files can be posted on the opportunity feed (so far so good)
- Files can be deleted when feed post is deleted (so far so good)
- Files can be deleted via Notes & Attachments (outch)

The problem is that when a file is uploaded via Chatter and later is deleted on the Notes & Attachments related list (in this case a ContentDocument is deleted, but the FeedItem is kept). I can't find a way to get the opportunity which the file is related to.
Is there a way to get the FeedItem Id from the ContentDocument object that was delete? Via trigger after delete on the SObject ContentDocument?

Thanks
I follow certain records with sensative material in them. Some of my Followers may not have access to their types of records. I may Follow some of those records, and therefore have Chatter posts from that record show up on my personal Feed. Would one of my Followers then be able to see that post if they were to come to my Profile - or would that post not be visible to them because it originated in a record which they did not have access to ?