• 0 Points
  • Member since 2015

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Greetings to the SF Community!  I am working on a Lightning App Page, and I want to put a chart into that page.  I have found examples of how to use Chartjs to create a chart, and I have successfully done so, but I cannot find any examples of how to make the chart use retrieved data instead of randomly generated data.  For instance, the best example I can find is in the LWC Recipes, but that uses randomly generated data and when the page is reloaded a new chart is added to the component instead of replacing the existing chart with the new data.

Are there any examples of how to take a retrieved dataset (from a wired variable or function) and refresh a chart, displaying the retrieved data?  Any help would be much appreciated.

Greetings!  I am creating a Lightning App Page where I am entering an account code into component A.  That code gets sent to component B via pub/sub, and component B sees it just fine.  I want component B to then make an Apex call to get records from another object (call it ACV) based on the account code that was sent from component A.  I have tried various combinations of @wire, @api, and @track, and have also tried to make the call in the event that is fired when the account code changes, but I cannot get the data from the ACV object to display in component B.  I know I am missing something basic, but I cannot find any examples of a component that subscribes to an event and then makes an Apex call to get records and display them.

Does anyone have an example of a pair of components that does this?  To recap:
Component A has an input field where the user enters an account code.  When the code changes, component A uses @wire to run Apex and get the Account record.  A fireEvent sends the new account record to component B, who is subscribed to it.
Component B runs a function when the event fires, and can display information related to the account record from Component A, but I want to run another Apex method to get ACV records associated with the account and display them in the HTML for component B.

I hope this explains what I want to do.  The APEX methods take a string parameter called searchTerm to do their searches, and return an array of records that should be size 1.

Thank you for any help.

If we have an interactive HTML file that uses a folder of supporting files, what would be the best way to make that available to customer community users?  Ideally we would do it through the knowledge base, but the HTML file is interactive and the supporting files are in their own folder.  Would it be best to create a Visualforce page that contains the HTML content?  Or is there some other solution that would work?

Basically, the HTML file allows the user to search on the underlying data that is in the other support files.  Thanks for any help.
I spent hours creating a new profile in one of our Sandboxes, customizing access to apps, tabs, objects, and fields.  I want to bring over the profile to a different (but related) org, keeping all of the permissions intact.  I used Eclipse to copy the profile over, but only the basic profile settings seem to be set.  All of the app, tab, object, and field access did not come across to the destination org.

There has to be a way, other than painfully recreating the permissions in the new org (and then having to do it again in Production), to recreate the profile correctly.  Please help.  What am I missing?
Greetings!  I am working on a VisualForce Page that shows who has certain permissions.  However, one of the things I want to track is which profiles have a particular Login Flow defined.  While I can see this in the Login Flows in the Setup/Security Controls, I cannot figure out a way to get it using SOQL.  I have examined the WSDL to see what object may hold that info, but I cannot figure it out.  Any ideas? 
I have created a VF tab that contains a VF page that has an enhancedList in it.  The controller used for the enhancedList is "Case".  The tab shows up in my app, and I click on it, but even though I am shown the correct list view, I am on the main Cases tab, not the tab that I clicked on.

However, the requirement is for the custom Tab to exist OUTSIDE of the main Cases tab.  The custom tab is set up to refresh every X seconds (defined in javascript in the page using setTimeout("location.reload(true);",20000);), and I want the user to be able to select a DIFFERENT list view in their main Cases tab if they want, while still being able to see the contents of the custom VF tab.

Is this possible?  Can you have two tabs for essentially the same object, one with list view A and one with list view B (or no list view at all)?

Greetings!  I have created a customized Log a Call button (called Log an Activity).  I have tried this on both the Case level and the Task level (so it can be added to the Case Actvity History related list, where the Log a Call button currently is).  I have given the new button the following URL based on other threads I have seen here:

/00T/e?title=Case&what_id={!Case.Id}&who_id={!Contact.Id}&tsk5=Research&retURL=%2F{!Case.Id}

The idea is to do what Log A Call does, except to hide the Followup Task area and to change the default Subject to Research.  Both of these things work fine, but when I create the new activity (task), and save it, I return to the Case record and the activity has been saved SOMEwhere, but it is not showing under the Activity History where it does when the Log A Call button is used.  I know the activity is getting saved because there is a post-update trigger which is firing successfully. 

I don't know where the new activity record is showing up or how to access it.  And I do not know how to get the new activity to show in the Activity History.

Any help is appreciated.
Greetings!  My manager (who has the same SF profile as me, and we are both admins) has created a Console App for our Tech Support folks.  I want to edit his app to add a new icon and maybe some functionality, but while I can see the console app in the App Menu area of the Setup, I cannot see it anywhere else and I cannot figure out how to make changes to it.  What permissions am I missing?

Thanks for any help.

Greetings!  I am creating a Lightning App Page where I am entering an account code into component A.  That code gets sent to component B via pub/sub, and component B sees it just fine.  I want component B to then make an Apex call to get records from another object (call it ACV) based on the account code that was sent from component A.  I have tried various combinations of @wire, @api, and @track, and have also tried to make the call in the event that is fired when the account code changes, but I cannot get the data from the ACV object to display in component B.  I know I am missing something basic, but I cannot find any examples of a component that subscribes to an event and then makes an Apex call to get records and display them.

Does anyone have an example of a pair of components that does this?  To recap:
Component A has an input field where the user enters an account code.  When the code changes, component A uses @wire to run Apex and get the Account record.  A fireEvent sends the new account record to component B, who is subscribed to it.
Component B runs a function when the event fires, and can display information related to the account record from Component A, but I want to run another Apex method to get ACV records associated with the account and display them in the HTML for component B.

I hope this explains what I want to do.  The APEX methods take a string parameter called searchTerm to do their searches, and return an array of records that should be size 1.

Thank you for any help.

I spent hours creating a new profile in one of our Sandboxes, customizing access to apps, tabs, objects, and fields.  I want to bring over the profile to a different (but related) org, keeping all of the permissions intact.  I used Eclipse to copy the profile over, but only the basic profile settings seem to be set.  All of the app, tab, object, and field access did not come across to the destination org.

There has to be a way, other than painfully recreating the permissions in the new org (and then having to do it again in Production), to recreate the profile correctly.  Please help.  What am I missing?
Greetings!  My manager (who has the same SF profile as me, and we are both admins) has created a Console App for our Tech Support folks.  I want to edit his app to add a new icon and maybe some functionality, but while I can see the console app in the App Menu area of the Setup, I cannot see it anywhere else and I cannot figure out how to make changes to it.  What permissions am I missing?

Thanks for any help.
Hi All

I am getting Error Please select a choice while run the flow with Dynamic choice screen

User-added image
Since the sandbox update to Spring '15, our sandbox has been unable to save in the Developer Console. We can open items (classes, pages, etc) but when we try to save them, we get "Failed to create createContainerMember for containerId=undefined: null is not a valid containerId" errors and they do not save.

We have tried the resolution found in this solution: https://help.salesforce.com/apex/HTViewSolution?id=000204953&language=en_US
but creating a new Workspace does not work (as in the Workspace is not created) and it does not fix the save issue. 
We have also tried switching workspaces, which also does not work.

We have cleared cache and tried on multiple computers from multiple networks.
  • January 23, 2015
Hello Experts,
I have registered my app. Could you please help in letting me know how to get:
1. client_id,
2. client secret, and
3. security token

I am trying to implement Oauth pragramatically so that I can use REST API.

Could you please help.

Thanks,
Rakesh

Hi,

When I try to install an app from appexchange and select sandbox as my destination org, it would not put me into the right location. Is there a problem with the AppExchange?

Thanks!

Hi All,

I want to customize Follow up Task section, which appears up on the click of "New Task" button.

If I remove followup=1 from the URL, the complete section doesnt appear. But I want that some custom fields should not appear in Follow up task section but they should appear in New Task section. 

In the below screenshot, Reason for Call is a custom field. I want to remove only this field from the Schedule Follow up Task section while the remaining section is still visible.

Is there any to configure the Data Loader to export data in a tab-delimited format rather than the default CSV format? Also I should mention that I would need to do this in batch mode, not through the GUI. The Apex Data Loader User Guide seems to imply that this is possible, but gives no how clues or examples of how to actually configure it. Any help would be most appreciated.

Hi everyone,

I working with the conference management app provided by Salesforce on the Appexchange. (http://www.salesforce.com/appexchange/detail_overview.jsp?NavCode__c=&id=a0330000000HFT3AAO)

I am trying to make some modifications to the Attendee Role object. What I would like to do, ideally, is that when a user selects an attendee, really a contact (via the contact lookup), I want it to automatically select the account that corresponds to that contact.

The reason I want to add this functionality is so that the conferences will show up under a related list in both the contact and account page layouts.

I have been struggling with this for a little while - hopefully someone can help me out.

Thanks.
-- Matt