• 10 Points
  • Member since 2015

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Not sure this belongs in this category but couldn't find one that seemed more applicable.

My user is assigned to the standard System Admin profile.  When I try to create a connected app I get a message indicating 'insufficient privileges'.

I reached out to support and they directed me towards this board.  
  • I've tried creating a custom permission set and assigning all of the necessary system level permissions to my user but that didn't have any impact on the outcome.
  • In a sandbox, I removed all of the custom permission sets we have thinking maybe there was some glitch from overlapping settings; no impact on the outcome
  • I've tried switching from Lightning back to classic UI; don't have the button to create a connected app from that ui.  At least with lightning it is there, it just won't work for me
  • I tried cloning the system admin profile and then assigning that to my user however I cannot change the profile assigned to my user.
I'm not really sure how or why this is a 'development issue' as SF support states, however if anyone could shed some light on how to resolve this it would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Hi All,

We are deploying a tiered schedule for pricing related to products based on a firms assets under management.  The tiers have breakpoints based on these aum fields (currency).

In apex I have a method for building tier schedules, which works fine until I hit the $3B entry breakpoint.  When I run the method at this breakpoint, I get a message in the developer console about an 'Illegal Integer'. 

The Apex Method that I have accepts the following parameters and then processes the new tier schedules:

public static List<rbTier__c> createTiers(Id productFamilyId, Integer batchSize, Decimal beginningAUM, decimal aumIncrement, Decimal beginningBasePrice, Decimal basePriceIncrement)
	{
		List<rbTier__c> tierList = new List<rbTier__c>();
		List<rbTierFamily__c> familyList = [Select Id, Name, RB_Product__c From rbTierFamily__c WHere Id = :productFamilyId];
		List<rbTier__c> existingTiers = getTiersForFamilies(familyList);
		Integer sequence = 0;
		INteger plusOne = 1;
		Integer minusOne = -1;
		Decimal aumFloor = beginningAUM;
		Decimal aumCeiling = aumFloor + aumIncrement + minusOne;
		if(existingTiers.size() > 0)
		{
			sequence = existingTiers.size() + plusOne;
		}
		else
		{
			sequence = 1;
		}
		for(Integer i = 0;i < batchSize; i++)
		{
			if(sequence == 1)
			{
				rbTier__c t = new rbTier__c();
				t.AUM_Floor__c = aumFloor;
				t.AUM_Ceiling__c = beginningAUM + aumIncrement;
				t.Sequence__c = sequence + (1 * i);
				t.Name = 'Tier '+ String.valueOf(sequence + (1 * i));
				t.Base_Amount__c = beginningBasePrice + (basePriceIncrement * i);
				t.RB_Tier_Family__c = productFamilyId;
				tierList.add(t);
				aumFloor = aumCeiling + plusOne;
				aumCeiling = aumFloor + aumIncrement + minusOne;
			}
			else
			{
				System.debug('aum floor entering loop is '+aumFloor+ ' and aum ceiling entering is '+ aumCeiling);
				t.AUM_Ceiling__c = aumCeiling;
				tierList.add(t);
				System.debug('aum floor exiting loop is '+aumFloor+ ' and aum ceiling exiting is '+ aumCeiling + ' and AUM increment is '+ aumIncrement);

}
		}
		if(tierList.size() > 0)
		{
			try 
			{
				RBS_GlobalDMLHandler.insertObjectList(tierList);	
			} 
			catch(Exception ex) 
			{
				System.debug('Problem encountered inserting the tier batch | '+ex.getMessage());
			}
		}
		return tierList;
	}

I ran this in from the developer console in stages as outlined here:
(note the Id is hardcoded only for the purposes of testing)
RBS_TierHelper.createTiers('a184B000000xdd9QAA', 1, 0, 99999999, 10000, 0);
RBS_TierHelper.createTiers('a184B000000xdd9QAA', 8, 100000000, 50000000, 11250, 1250);
RBS_TierHelper.createTiers('a184B000000xdd9QAA', 5, 500000000, 100000000, 22500, 2500);
RBS_TierHelper.createTiers('a184B000000xdd9QAA', 8, 1000000000, 250000000, 35000, 2500);
RBS_TierHelper.createTiers('a184B000000xdd9QAA', 4, 3000000000, 500000000, 55000, 5000);

The outputs for the first four traunches result in what I would expect:
User-added image

When I run the last call to insert tier schedules with a beginning AUM of $3B, i get 'Line 7, Column: 53 Illegal Integer'

Does anyone know what is going wrong here?

Thanks in advance for any insight you can provide!

Hi,

I am running into an issue with an onclick Javascript custom button I have deployed on Opportunities.  When I click this button I get the expected behavior (I am an admin).  When other users click the button they get the error message in the subject of this thread.

The javascript I am using is below.  Any ideas on what is throwing this error?
{!REQUIRESCRIPT("/soap/ajax/13.0/connection.js")}
{!REQUIRESCRIPT("/soap/ajax/22.0/apex.js" )}

var UCobject = new sforce.SObject("Opportunity");
UCobject.Parent_Opportunity__c = '{!Opportunity.Id}';
UCobject.AccountID = '{!Opportunity.SF_Account_API_ID__c}';
UCobject.CloseDate = new Date();
UCobject.RecordTypeId = '01230000001SLB7';
UCobject.Name = '{!Opportunity.Name}';
UCobject.Portfolio_Management_System__c = '{!Opportunity.Portfolio_Management_System__c}';
UCobject.Rebalance_Platform__c = 'Rebalance Express';
UCobject.Custodian_s__c = '{!Opportunity.Custodian_s__c}';
UCobject.Fix_Opportunity__c = '{!Opportunity.FIX_Opportunity__c}';
UCobject.Industry__c = '{!Opportunity.Industry__c}';
UCobject.LeadSource = 'Existing Business';
UCobject.c_Pricing_AUM__c = '{!TEXT(Opportunity.c_Pricing_AUM__c)}';
UCobject.c_Total_AUM__c = '{!TEXT(Opportunity.c_Total_AUM__c)}';
UCobject.StageName = 'Pipeline';
UCobject.Licence_Key__c = '{!Opportunity.Licence_Key__c}';
UCobject.Release_Track__c = '{!Opportunity.Release_Track__c}';
UCobject.Number_of_Licenses__c = '{!TEXT(Opportunity.Number_of_Licenses__c)}';
UCobject.Activation_Count__c = '{!Opportunity.Activation_Count__c}';

result = sforce.connection.create([UCobject]);
var newurl = window.open.href

if(result[0].getBoolean("success")){
window.location = "/" + result[0].id;
}else{
alert('Could not create record '+result);
}

Not sure this belongs in this category but couldn't find one that seemed more applicable.

My user is assigned to the standard System Admin profile.  When I try to create a connected app I get a message indicating 'insufficient privileges'.

I reached out to support and they directed me towards this board.  
  • I've tried creating a custom permission set and assigning all of the necessary system level permissions to my user but that didn't have any impact on the outcome.
  • In a sandbox, I removed all of the custom permission sets we have thinking maybe there was some glitch from overlapping settings; no impact on the outcome
  • I've tried switching from Lightning back to classic UI; don't have the button to create a connected app from that ui.  At least with lightning it is there, it just won't work for me
  • I tried cloning the system admin profile and then assigning that to my user however I cannot change the profile assigned to my user.
I'm not really sure how or why this is a 'development issue' as SF support states, however if anyone could shed some light on how to resolve this it would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Hi All,

We are deploying a tiered schedule for pricing related to products based on a firms assets under management.  The tiers have breakpoints based on these aum fields (currency).

In apex I have a method for building tier schedules, which works fine until I hit the $3B entry breakpoint.  When I run the method at this breakpoint, I get a message in the developer console about an 'Illegal Integer'. 

The Apex Method that I have accepts the following parameters and then processes the new tier schedules:

public static List<rbTier__c> createTiers(Id productFamilyId, Integer batchSize, Decimal beginningAUM, decimal aumIncrement, Decimal beginningBasePrice, Decimal basePriceIncrement)
	{
		List<rbTier__c> tierList = new List<rbTier__c>();
		List<rbTierFamily__c> familyList = [Select Id, Name, RB_Product__c From rbTierFamily__c WHere Id = :productFamilyId];
		List<rbTier__c> existingTiers = getTiersForFamilies(familyList);
		Integer sequence = 0;
		INteger plusOne = 1;
		Integer minusOne = -1;
		Decimal aumFloor = beginningAUM;
		Decimal aumCeiling = aumFloor + aumIncrement + minusOne;
		if(existingTiers.size() > 0)
		{
			sequence = existingTiers.size() + plusOne;
		}
		else
		{
			sequence = 1;
		}
		for(Integer i = 0;i < batchSize; i++)
		{
			if(sequence == 1)
			{
				t.AUM_Ceiling__c = beginningAUM + aumIncrement;
				tierList.add(t);
			}
			else
			{
				System.debug('aum floor entering loop is '+aumFloor+ ' and aum ceiling entering is '+ aumCeiling);
				t.AUM_Ceiling__c = aumCeiling;
				tierList.add(t);
				System.debug('aum floor exiting loop is '+aumFloor+ ' and aum ceiling exiting is '+ aumCeiling + ' and AUM increment is '+ aumIncrement);

}
		}
		if(tierList.size() > 0)
		{
			try 
			{
				RBS_GlobalDMLHandler.insertObjectList(tierList);	
			} 
			catch(Exception ex) 
			{
				System.debug('Problem encountered inserting the tier batch | '+ex.getMessage());
			}
		}
		return tierList;
	}

I ran this in from the developer console in stages as outlined here:
(note the Id is hardcoded only for the purposes of testing)
RBS_TierHelper.createTiers('a184B000000xdd9QAA', 1, 0, 99999999, 10000, 0);
RBS_TierHelper.createTiers('a184B000000xdd9QAA', 8, 100000000, 50000000, 11250, 1250);
RBS_TierHelper.createTiers('a184B000000xdd9QAA', 5, 500000000, 100000000, 22500, 2500);
RBS_TierHelper.createTiers('a184B000000xdd9QAA', 8, 1000000000, 250000000, 35000, 2500);
RBS_TierHelper.createTiers('a184B000000xdd9QAA', 4, 3000000000, 500000000, 55000, 5000);

The outputs for the first four traunches result in what I would expect:
User-added image

When I run the last call to insert tier schedules with a beginning AUM of $3B, i get 'Line 7, Column: 53 Illegal Integer'

Does anyone know what is going wrong here?

Thanks in advance for any insight you can provide!

Hi all ,

I am very new to salesforce and development in general and hence , i am facing this very stupid issues below

All I am trying to do is add records to list and then insert using insert DML statement.

Please help me understand what am i doing wrong in the below 3 code snippets as i am facing compiler errors

1:
global static void method1(){

list<Account> a =new list<Account>(Name='A1',type='Industry');
     insert a;
   }
}

Error : Missing ')' at ',' at line 7 column 48

2: global static void method1(){

list<Account> a =new list<Account>();
   a.add(Name='A1');
   Insert a;
 }

Error: Compile Error: Variable does not exist: Name at line 6 column 10

3: global static void method1(){

list<Account> a =new list<Account>();
   a[0].add(Name='A1');
 }

Error: Compile Error: Variable does not exist: Name at line 6 column 13

Please please help !!

Hi ,

Can some one help me to write a trigger to prevent delete of all Account records and its supporting test class.
Doesn't matter who the user is (Sys Admin/Custom Profile/Read Only...etc), the user should not be able to delete the account record.
There cannot be any exception.

Any help is appreciate.
Thanks!
A
Can anyone explain what this means? This is a error occurs on an sControl that was working fine until recently. It was working on March 5, 2012. This error comes up when trying to enter a Value into a lookup field on an s-control.

Error: {faultcode:'soapenv:Client', faultstring:''' is not valid for the type xsd:double', }