• 38 Points
  • Member since 2015

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Is it possible to deactivate a trigger with a REST call?

When I do a database mass import it doesn't make sense for my triggers to fire back to the database. So for the duration of the script, I would like to inactivate them, then reactivate.

Thanks,
Kevin
  • September 21, 2015
I am trying to only show accounts in the account hierarchy that are active. Is this possible?
  • August 31, 2015
I would like to perform validation on a field that represents what type of account it is. I would like to check Account Picklist field, and if the correct value allow the parent ID to be saved or else it should be blank. Is this possible?

The alternative is messy with REST API from the external database. Validating in salesforce would be preferable.

Thanks,
Kevin
  • August 12, 2015
I was using authorization code method but I realized I did not want the user to login. In fact I do not want the user to be redirected. I am trying to sync data between a web server and salesforce and it can be done with a single username. This lead me to implement the username flow but I am getting redirected to login dispite having the credientials in the oauth curl request. Am I doing something wrong in the username/password flow or should I implement a JWT Bearer Token Flow so the data transactions behind the scenes are even less visible to the user. Refreshing would be optimal because I would not like the user to have to login again.

Thanks,
Kevin
Hi I am sending objects to an external database via httpcallout in triggers. Rarely database operations could fail and if they do I would like to revoke the operation that occured in salesforce; ie if the delete fails I would like to either do a savepoint or clone the object prior to the delete and add it back. Similar for an update I would like to revert the object to its previous fields. 

This is difficult with an asyncronous @future call. I can't think of any solutions. I am returning to salesforce the http error so I know what has happened but I am not sure how to properly revert seeing I cannot do savepoints in a @future call.
My authentication works properly when ther username and password is my developer account. But when I choose to make the OAuth username and password a user I created, it does not pass. Is it possible to have a user that cannot normally get access to the clientid and client secret authenticate with it?

The reason I am trying to do that is because if I reveal the generic login to other users, I want to control what view they have ie Standard Salesforce User. However I do not want to do the authentication code login because we only want a single Salesforce Login and not a salesforce login for each user in the organization.

Optimal solution would be to avoid the login page and send data to one salesforce account.
I seem to be able to set the fields but upon the API saving I get the following message
Unable to create/update fields: Name. Please check the security settings of this field and verify that it is read/write for your profile or permission set.

Can I set the security set somewhere?
What is the best way to trigger a SQL database delete from a salesforce account removal?
Trying to figure this out and haven't been able to find a good link or description on how to do this.

Adding accounts through rest API and want all users I make to be able to see the data and vice versa. Central location of accounts

Thanks
In REST API can you perform oauth either username / password flow OR client ID/client Secret without authenticating at the actual salesforce login page? I am trying to have salesforce authenticate and then do data transactions to my account during the user session (I dont want them to have to authenticate with my credientials or any credientials at all)
Hi I am trying to send a cURL update to a salesforce object. I have had no problem with other fields like checkbox and picklist but I cannot figure out a hierarchy sobject. The field I am trying to update via cURL is 

Name: Parent Account                         API: Parent                                            Type: Hierarchy

What my content looks like is below with the following error. What do I need to do to send a valid cURL command to update this field?

Content
$content = json_encode ( array (
			"Name" => $fields ['Client_Name'],
			"Parent" => 'Some Nested SObject'
	) );

The error is:
[{"message":"The value provided for foreign key reference Parent is not a nested SObject","errorCode":"INVALID_FIELD"}]

Thanks for any help :)

Hi I am sending objects to an external database via httpcallout in triggers. Rarely database operations could fail and if they do I would like to revoke the operation that occured in salesforce; ie if the delete fails I would like to either do a savepoint or clone the object prior to the delete and add it back. Similar for an update I would like to revert the object to its previous fields. 

This is difficult with an asyncronous @future call. I can't think of any solutions. I am returning to salesforce the http error so I know what has happened but I am not sure how to properly revert seeing I cannot do savepoints in a @future call.
I was using authorization code method but I realized I did not want the user to login. In fact I do not want the user to be redirected. I am trying to sync data between a web server and salesforce and it can be done with a single username. This lead me to implement the username flow but I am getting redirected to login dispite having the credientials in the oauth curl request. Am I doing something wrong in the username/password flow or should I implement a JWT Bearer Token Flow so the data transactions behind the scenes are even less visible to the user. Refreshing would be optimal because I would not like the user to have to login again.

Thanks,
Kevin

My authentication works properly when ther username and password is my developer account. But when I choose to make the OAuth username and password a user I created, it does not pass. Is it possible to have a user that cannot normally get access to the clientid and client secret authenticate with it?

The reason I am trying to do that is because if I reveal the generic login to other users, I want to control what view they have ie Standard Salesforce User. However I do not want to do the authentication code login because we only want a single Salesforce Login and not a salesforce login for each user in the organization.

Optimal solution would be to avoid the login page and send data to one salesforce account.
I seem to be able to set the fields but upon the API saving I get the following message
Unable to create/update fields: Name. Please check the security settings of this field and verify that it is read/write for your profile or permission set.

Can I set the security set somewhere?
What is the best way to trigger a SQL database delete from a salesforce account removal?
Trying to figure this out and haven't been able to find a good link or description on how to do this.

Adding accounts through rest API and want all users I make to be able to see the data and vice versa. Central location of accounts

Thanks
In REST API can you perform oauth either username / password flow OR client ID/client Secret without authenticating at the actual salesforce login page? I am trying to have salesforce authenticate and then do data transactions to my account during the user session (I dont want them to have to authenticate with my credientials or any credientials at all)
Hi I am trying to send a cURL update to a salesforce object. I have had no problem with other fields like checkbox and picklist but I cannot figure out a hierarchy sobject. The field I am trying to update via cURL is 

Name: Parent Account                         API: Parent                                            Type: Hierarchy

What my content looks like is below with the following error. What do I need to do to send a valid cURL command to update this field?

Content
$content = json_encode ( array (
			"Name" => $fields ['Client_Name'],
			"Parent" => 'Some Nested SObject'
	) );

The error is:
[{"message":"The value provided for foreign key reference Parent is not a nested SObject","errorCode":"INVALID_FIELD"}]

Thanks for any help :)