• 30 Points
  • Member since 2015

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
We deployed Enterprise Territory Management and found an immediate issue with not being able to grab the data for Users Assigned to Territory for some other integrations we have like with Outreach. Outreach can only access fields that are on the Account object (cannot get it through related lists). The workaround has been via a Trigger to push the User Assigned to Territory into a custom field called Sales Rep 1. However, now we are growing and will have several sales reps assigned to accounts. Now we need to add Sales Rep 1, 2, 3. etc. We need to make sure that the Sales Rep 1 is always one sales team and Sales Rep 2 is always another sales team. This all seems very cumbersome to manage down the road. Has anyone else figured out a way to pull the Assigned Users in Territory on to the Account record that allows other applications to access this info?
We have encountered an issue with some cases coming in through email-to-case that bouce back becasue the string is too long and exceeds the 32,000 character limit. Support says this is hard coded and cannot increase the limit. The issue is the header that Microsoft is appending to the emails as pushing it over the limit and IT has spoken with them and this also cannot be adjusted. The recommendation from support is to write a trigger to truncate the email header. Since I am not a developer I don't know how to write this trigger. Curious if anyone else has done something like this already. I have looked through the community and can't find much info on this. Any guidance would be much appreciated!
I created a custom button that allows my Sales team to create a case (used for making requests to legal dept to review contracts) off an opportunity. However, it doesn't always pull over the Account name from the Opportunity. Does anyone see anything wrong with the code I've put together below?

/500/e? 
&def_account_id={!Opportunity.AccountId} 
&RecordType=01240000000UdnK 
&cas14={!Opportunity.Name} 
&CF00N40000003JONi={!Opportunity.Name} 
&00N40000002TyPI={!Opportunity.Business_Unit__c} 
&00N40000001Rmpw={!Opportunity.Product_Name__c} 
&cancelURL={!Opportunity.Id} 
&ent=Case
I have a field called SCR Impact Score that is a formual field that is totaled based on the following logic:
SCR = (S_c)*0.5 + (R_c)*0.2 + (B_c)*0.1 + (D_c)*0.1 + (M)*0.1

However, the 5 fields (S), (R), (B), (D) and (M) are setup as picklists with the following potential values 0,1,5,or 10. I think I need to convert these to numbers before the above formula will work but I'm not sure how to do that and incorporate it with the additional math needed.
We have encountered an issue with some cases coming in through email-to-case that bouce back becasue the string is too long and exceeds the 32,000 character limit. Support says this is hard coded and cannot increase the limit. The issue is the header that Microsoft is appending to the emails as pushing it over the limit and IT has spoken with them and this also cannot be adjusted. The recommendation from support is to write a trigger to truncate the email header. Since I am not a developer I don't know how to write this trigger. Curious if anyone else has done something like this already. I have looked through the community and can't find much info on this. Any guidance would be much appreciated!
I have a field called SCR Impact Score that is a formual field that is totaled based on the following logic:
SCR = (S_c)*0.5 + (R_c)*0.2 + (B_c)*0.1 + (D_c)*0.1 + (M)*0.1

However, the 5 fields (S), (R), (B), (D) and (M) are setup as picklists with the following potential values 0,1,5,or 10. I think I need to convert these to numbers before the above formula will work but I'm not sure how to do that and incorporate it with the additional math needed.