• Member since 2015

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hello Experts,

On opportunities page, there is no option in the page layout for the quote line item related lists to be sorted by a specific column. I would like to sort this related list on any column that I choose. Will I have to develop a custom Sort button for this? And if I do that, can I see the sort results right in the related list on the same opportunities page? Or it needs to be a different VF page?

Please advise
Hi All,

I am facing error using dataevents REST API call.. My dataextension's external key is 'dataextn1'.. It has just 3 fields - Cust_Id, FirstName, LastName .. Cust_Id is the primary key and is linked with the subscriber key also

In the API call (through postman), what is data extension customer key ?? Is that the external key of the data extension which is defined while creating it?

I am facing the below error - 
Status 400 Bad Request 
{
  "message": "Parameter {guid} is invalid.", 
  "errorcode": 10001, 
  "documentation": ""
}

POST /hub/v1/dataevents/dataextn1/rowset HTTP/1.1 
Host: www.exacttargetapis.com
Authorization: Bearer "My access Token" 
Content-Type: application/json 
Cache-Control: no-cache 
Postman-Token: 2df4a6db-a0be-338b-53f3-9298a4683d04 
[
 { 
  "keys":{ 
               "Cust_Id": "59188038" 
             }, 
"values":{ 
               "FirstName": "RestFirst", 
               "LastName": "RestLast" 
             } 
  } 
]

Please help
Hello Experts,

I am facing an error while I am trying to download a WSDL into SOAPUI. My apex class is very simple. Took it from Apex developer's guide. Below are the errors I am facing. 

Error: type 'RecordTypesSupported@http://soap.sforce.com/schemas/class/MyWebService' not found.

Error: type 'RelationshipReferenceTo@http://soap.sforce.com/schemas/class/MyWebService' not found.

Error: type 'SearchLayoutButtonsDisplayed@http://soap.sforce.com/schemas/class/MyWebService' not found.

Error: type 'SearchLayoutFieldsDisplayed@http://soap.sforce.com/schemas/class/MyWebService' not found.

Please advise
Hi Experts,
I have a simple requirement. Its for the computation of Simple Interest. My Custom object contains 3 fields - Principal_Amt__c, Years__c & Rate__c
I need to show these 3 fields in a page block table with an additional 4th field (Simple Interest) which will be calculated run time when the page is displayed.
I know there could be various ways to achive this (extension, Java Script function etc.) but I am curious to understand if I really need to write an extension/JS function to compute Simple Interest?
Can't we do this simple field calculation in the VF page itself?
Please advise
Hi Experts,

I have a simple requirement. Its for the computation of Simple Interest. My Custom object contains 3 fields - Principal_Amt__c, Years__c & Rate__c
I need to show these 3 fields in a page block table with an additional 4th field (Simple Interest) which will be calculated run time when the page is displayed.

I know there could be various ways to achive this (extension, Java Script function etc.) but I am curious to understand if I really need to write an extension/JS function to compute Simple Interest?
For e.g. something like this - <apex:outputtext value = "{!Principal}" * "{!years}" * "{!Rate}" />

Hi Experts,

For e.g. something like this - <apex:outputtext value = "{!Principal}" * "{!years}" * "{!Rate}" />

I am working on 'Manipulating Records with DML'

I have created this apex class -

public class AccountHandler {
public static string insertNewAccount(string acc_name)
{
account acc = new account ();
try
{
acc.name = acc_name;
insert acc;
} catch (DMLException e) {
system.debug ('DB Error Occurred ' + e.getmessage());
}
ID accid = acc.id;
return accid;
}
}

I am getting the below error - 

Challenge not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
Executing the 'insertNewAccount' method failed. Either the method does not exist, is not static, or does not insert the proper account.

Any suggestions?
Hello,

I have a need to integrate salesforce with a desktop based application. Basically, I need to load data from this application into SFDC.

What options/tools we have for this? Please advise. How can I achieve this?
Hello,

I have an integration requirement where an external SFDC application to going to send me outbound messages which I need to read and process in my SFDC application.
I am wondering how can I read the outbound messages? Can I write Apex webservice? Will that work?
Hello, I have a requirement to integrate 2 different SFDC applications (S1 ans S2)
S1 will send the outbound messages which I have to read from S2 and created records in 2 objects in S2 (based on some logic)
I want to understand how can I read these outbound messages in S2 ?
Do I need to write Apex web service in S2 ? please advise
Hello Experts,

I am facing an error while I am trying to download a WSDL into SOAPUI. My apex class is very simple. Took it from Apex developer's guide. Below are the errors I am facing. 

Error: type 'RecordTypesSupported@http://soap.sforce.com/schemas/class/MyWebService' not found.

Error: type 'RelationshipReferenceTo@http://soap.sforce.com/schemas/class/MyWebService' not found.

Error: type 'SearchLayoutButtonsDisplayed@http://soap.sforce.com/schemas/class/MyWebService' not found.

Error: type 'SearchLayoutFieldsDisplayed@http://soap.sforce.com/schemas/class/MyWebService' not found.

Please advise
Hi all,

I have one VF tab displayed in a customer portal. The VF page (let's call it VFpage1) contains a link to another VF page (lets call it VFpage 2).

How should I write the link on VFpage1 the way that when clicking on it, the VF tab displays VFpage2 instead.

Needless to say, on VFpage2 page there should be another link that when clicked on, the VF tab should display VFpage1, just going back and forth between the 2 pages inside 1 tab (in the Customer Portal)

Requirement: we only use 1 VF tab.
I have tried with a href and with apex:outputLink, but nothing works.I don't know whether it is possible and if yes, how the syntax should be.

Thank you.
Julian
I am working on 'Manipulating Records with DML'

I have created this apex class -

public class AccountHandler {
public static string insertNewAccount(string acc_name)
{
account acc = new account ();
try
{
acc.name = acc_name;
insert acc;
} catch (DMLException e) {
system.debug ('DB Error Occurred ' + e.getmessage());
}
ID accid = acc.id;
return accid;
}
}

I am getting the below error - 

Challenge not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
Executing the 'insertNewAccount' method failed. Either the method does not exist, is not static, or does not insert the proper account.

Any suggestions?
Hello,

I have an integration requirement where an external SFDC application to going to send me outbound messages which I need to read and process in my SFDC application.
I am wondering how can I read the outbound messages? Can I write Apex webservice? Will that work?
Hello, I have a requirement to integrate 2 different SFDC applications (S1 ans S2)
S1 will send the outbound messages which I have to read from S2 and created records in 2 objects in S2 (based on some logic)
I want to understand how can I read these outbound messages in S2 ?
Do I need to write Apex web service in S2 ? please advise

Hi All,

How can you handle a circular trigger? will you please explain with sample code please.

scenario: Having Object A and Object B.

In Object A, Lets field be  Xyz................................................In Object B, having field ABC

I have written triggers in both objects so that,

If a event occurs in Object A, trigger fires and update a field or something else in Object B. Similarly If a event happens in Object B, ttrigger fires and update a field or something else in Object A-This is called Circluar trigger.

How can we controll this type of trigger.

Thanks

GIRI

• February 15, 2013