• Data Analyst & Salesforce Admin

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi all,

My contact has 5 digit phone number.I can NOT "click to call" these contacts. Do we have to fill in 9 or 10 or 11 digit phone number and salesforce does NOT support " click to call" to 5 digit phone number.

Thanks,
Nhan
I'm going through the Manage Chatter trailhead and the tutorial mentions Aaron Hatzler and Fumiko Suzuki... neither of which are in my org, but it also doesn't say to add them?

So I create them and they still won't show as members.

Mr Google finds a post where I have to also enter their department and title but it still doesn't allow me to add them as members.

What is going on, is this some kind of weird hazing test or how am I supposed to enjoy a bait and switch tutorial that claims my org has names that it doesn't and asks me to add people that it won't show as members for chat.

I've been asked by a client to get my Salesforce Certification for a project but its frustrating and I'm getting tired of these outdated tutorials, dead links and lightning is laggy in the field when I test it with the sales reps.

Last weekend I tried to log into the ADM201 trailhead and got a 404 error... it was fixed on Sunday, is this normal?

Help.
Up early working on Philosophy course and I need to take a break from the world of what makes a thing a thing and what is the nature of Plato vs Socrates. (walking away head spinning)

Lets go back to the world of Salesforce, when I was in 7th grade Mr Nettleton taught me that King Phillip Chases Old Fat Girl Scouts while nearly falling out of my seat in laughter I have to this day 32 years later have the order memorized on how to organize all living beings.
Kingdom - Phylum - Class - Organia - Family - Genus and Species.

Is there a KPCOFGS for Salesforce, something that is a corny anagram, analogy or way of remembering steps that you can think of?
I am the Admin and Developer for a non profit, so we are doing alot of process building and many custom fields.

Any ideas are welcome and if we can use your idea I will send you a $25 gift card to your choice of Starbucks or Amazon.

Thanks in advance.

#datatalking 020215 Q1

I am going through about 8,000 contacts and we need to create a minimum contact basis each day for myself and the salesman.

Eventually we will have updated the entire database but we want to have a countdown to it.

I am creating a dashboard and need to create an object or a "thing" that counts the number of contacts that were contacted or had "x field updated"

How would i do that.

So I created 5 items that I thought were apps but I created them as Objects, is there a way to change or merge them from Objects to Apps?

I entered additional fields for my Reward object in my Org by accident under Idea. These fields need to be moved to Reward.

Once I create fields how do i move them to and get them to show in the app where I want them.

Isnt there somekind of "show this field in app" they are showing in the role screen

As I go through the Trailhead I am finding a few areas where there is everything from spelling errors, gramatical missdirection to "what your asking me to do isnt an option"

Who is in charge of fixing, updating or correcting the course when it tells you to do soemthing that isnt an option in salesforce?
Where do I send these errors?

I am a newbie to Salesforce so some of these questions are so foreign that I am just following word for word... and they tell me to click picklist when there isnt one ... and I don't know where to go.

I would like to help fix these things but don't know how to continue the course if they are going to create buggy code and not fix it.
This trailhead is a great tool!

I just completed my second badge and had to re-read the challenge word for word.

If you find yourself struggling know that it took me 3 tries to pass the challenge.

Thanks to the community, looking forward to getting my certs.
I have a database of about 8000 contacs that we loaded into Salesforce and I am working to create a report that pulls either 40 80 or 100 of them for calling each day. The salesman can make their quota of calls and management gets reports of who is not using their salesforce. How do I limit the pull of names to a number?
I have completed a challenge and then my session times out or it crashes.

So I go back into the challenge and it Always says "log in to take challenge" nevermind that I never logged out.

So I log back in and I click the link that says Log in to take challenge, which I click and it says.

URL No Longer Exists
You have attempted to reach a URL that no longer exists on salesforce.com. 

You may have reached this page after clicking on a direct link into the application. This direct link might be: 
• A bookmark to a particular page, such as a report or view 
• A link to a particular page in the Custom Links section of your Home Tab, or a Custom Link 
• A link to a particular page in your email templates 

If you reached this page through a bookmark, you are probably trying to access something that has moved. Please update your bookmark. 

If you reached this page through any of the other direct links listed above, please notify your administrator to update the link. 

Thank you again for your patience and assistance. And thanks for using salesforce.com!

Why can't I log in and stay logged into the trailhead, it keeps kicking me out. I'm on safari browser, macbook pro
This trailhead is a great tool!

I just completed my second badge and had to re-read the challenge word for word.

If you find yourself struggling know that it took me 3 tries to pass the challenge.

Thanks to the community, looking forward to getting my certs.

So I go back into the challenge and it Always says "log in to take challenge" nevermind that I never logged out.

So I log back in and I click the link that says Log in to take challenge, which I click and it says.

URL No Longer Exists

You may have reached this page after clicking on a direct link into the application. This direct link might be: 
• A link to a particular page in the Custom Links section of your Home Tab, or a Custom Link 

If you reached this page through a bookmark, you are probably trying to access something that has moved. Please update your bookmark. 

If you reached this page through any of the other direct links listed above, please notify your administrator to update the link. 

Thank you again for your patience and assistance. And thanks for using salesforce.com!

Why can't I log in and stay logged into the trailhead, it keeps kicking me out. I'm on safari browser, macbook pro
I'm going through the Manage Chatter trailhead and the tutorial mentions Aaron Hatzler and Fumiko Suzuki... neither of which are in my org, but it also doesn't say to add them?

So I create them and they still won't show as members.

Mr Google finds a post where I have to also enter their department and title but it still doesn't allow me to add them as members.

What is going on, is this some kind of weird hazing test or how am I supposed to enjoy a bait and switch tutorial that claims my org has names that it doesn't and asks me to add people that it won't show as members for chat.

I've been asked by a client to get my Salesforce Certification for a project but its frustrating and I'm getting tired of these outdated tutorials, dead links and lightning is laggy in the field when I test it with the sales reps.

Last weekend I tried to log into the ADM201 trailhead and got a 404 error... it was fixed on Sunday, is this normal?

Help.

I am going through about 8,000 contacts and we need to create a minimum contact basis each day for myself and the salesman.

Eventually we will have updated the entire database but we want to have a countdown to it.

I am creating a dashboard and need to create an object or a "thing" that counts the number of contacts that were contacted or had "x field updated"

How would i do that.

Hi ,
Once Order is completed i attached the Report to the attachement,
but need to ristrict the edit and delete that attachement from other users,
pls can any one help on this,

Is there any way to suppress/eliminate the Salutation portion of the Name field in the Contact object? The layout editor seems to only allow ypi tp specify Name as a whole, then when you choose that it imposes the following idiotic layout:
User-added image

This causes no end of confusions.  Its look like First Name is set to "**None** and that it is followed by a cryptic blank field (which many people give up on and just skip over).  Would it at least be possible to correctly label it as "Salutation" and put "the First Name" label before the actual First Name field??

Is salesforce customer community pages responsive in nature?
Hi all,

My contact has 5 digit phone number.I can NOT "click to call" these contacts. Do we have to fill in 9 or 10 or 11 digit phone number and salesforce does NOT support " click to call" to 5 digit phone number.

Thanks,
Nhan
We are seeking: CRM Administrator and Program Development Assistant

POSITION OVERVIEW: DCINY is seeking a musically passionate, dynamic and talented individual to join the team in the role of CRM Admin and Program Development Assistant.  We run our business on a custom object built Salesforce platform and are looking for a Salesforce certified administrator (plus plus) who can drive that machine.  Our dream candidate will be a rock star in customer service, provide exceptional overall office support and serve as our primary contact for phone calls and communications from prospective and current DCINY artists and performers. DCINY employees are integral to the successful preparation and presentation of DCINY concerts in prestigious performance venues including Carnegie Hall, Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts and Disney Hall, Los Angeles.  Salary is commensurate with experience which also includes full benefits and matching 401K.

ORGANIZATION DESCRIPTION: Distinguished Concerts International New York (DCINY) is a classical music production company based in New York City.  We work with national and international organizations to present full-scale choral masterworks, instrumental performances, chamber music series, and various innovative projects. 

DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:

Administration of record and field-level security, including territory and role hierarchies, groups, and profile permissions; page layouts, related lists, and filtering based on user role
Creation and maintenance of business critical reports and dashboards
Creation and maintenance of custom applications and functionality within Salesforce.com
Creation and maintenance of data integrations inbound to Salesforce.com
Provide basic information to clients and staff regarding concert season and various aspects of the company.
Responsible for correspondence, letters of invitation, and general written communications at the request of the development team.
 Assist in development of future programming for the series, including liaison with guest conductors, performing artists and ensembles by phone, email and in person.
 Occasional availability on evenings and concert weekends.

COMPETENCIES and QUALIFICATIONS:
To perform this job successfully, the individual selected should have:
Bachelor/Advanced Degree.
Excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational and listening skills.  Ability to successfully multi-task and excel in a fast paced environment and be attentive and precise in details.
Strong experience developing on the Force.com platform, including custom fields and objects, formula and roll-up fields, apex triggers, apex classes, and visualforce
Solid understanding of sales and marketing analytics, including reporting on territory and pipeline health, forecasting, campaign effectiveness, and data quality metrics
Solid understanding of social media and content data architecture, including groups, file management, and event feeds
Ability to manage phone and in-person inquiries in a professional, patient and friendly manner.
 Interest and background in classical music and concert production.

TO APPLY:
Resume showing work history
A killer cover letter telling us about you and why you think you’d be a great fit at DCINY.
Salary history or requirements, and contact information for at least three references
To learn more about our company, visit: www.DCINY.org   
Please email or fax your materials to Jobs@DCINY.org or 646.736.0437

I am using a Mydomain enabled dev org on gs0 (Winter 16) and going throught the exercise in Trailhead. 

Follwed every step and when i click on Preview it takes me to my app (looks right) - https://skypeforbiz-dev-ed.lightning.force.com/c/Sfb.app

But it errors out with -

Lightning components require My Domain. Please contact your system administrator for more information.

Any idea what I might be missing? My org is defenitely provisioned with MyDomin.
Hi All,

In my developer org, when I am trying "build process" I see that the "scheduled action" step disappears as soon as I select Opporunity object and click on Save button. This does not happen when I selected Case object. 

Is there any restriction on opportunity object or do I have to set up something before I try this. Please help me.

Thank,
Raghu

Hi Guys, Is there any way to translate helptext for Custom fields?

Hello,
I need some help because I have no idea what am I doing wrong.

I want to create a new field under "account" that will present me with information I filled up when I created the lead.

For example. I have the lead's first and last name. I want to create a field, in the account, that will show me that information.
( and I not talking about related list - contacts, a new field )

thank you very much

URL No Longer Exists

Hello, I would like to know if there is a way to make your trailhead badges visible within your production Salesforce org ?

Today, I can see a badge in the "developer.salesforce.com" org  in "my developer profile".
Is it possible to see the same badge linked to my user in the production instance (for ex: "naXX.salesforce.com") ?
My name is James and I have 7 years of Salesforce development as well as .net development. I am available for full or part time work.

Thanks
James Baker
james7630@gmail.com
1-425-457-9352

• June 09, 2015

Hi,

HOW to Merge two Accounts in salesforce.

any body can help in this...  please provid links to understad at least

How / where do I enable Data.com in a developer org? SFDC Help indicates that it is available ----

Data.com available in: Contact ManagerDeveloperEnterpriseGroup,Professional, and Unlimited Editions

Data.com Clean available in: DeveloperEnterpriseProfessional, and UnlimitedEditions

SFDC Help also states "You can find out by going to the Data.com Licenses & Limits page. Click Your NameSetup | Data.com Administration | Licenses & Limits."  However, I don't have a "Data.com Administration" option under Setup.

Thanks,

Barb

• July 18, 2012

When someone takes the time/effort to repspond to your question, you should take the time/effort to either mark the question as "Solved", or post a Follow-Up with addtional information.  

That way people with a similar question can find the Solution without having to re-post the same question again and again. And the people who reply to your post know that the issue has been resolved and they can stop working on it. 

I need to be able to have an audit trail to track what data has changed for Salesforce objects (e.g. Opportunities, Leads, Accounts, etc.)  I thought there was some way to do this (a "track changes" sort of setting) but can't seem to find it.  Is there any way for a user to see a list of what changes were made when?
  • April 23, 2009
I am using a Mydomain enabled dev org on gs0 (Winter 16) and going throught the exercise in Trailhead. 

Follwed every step and when i click on Preview it takes me to my app (looks right) - https://skypeforbiz-dev-ed.lightning.force.com/c/Sfb.app

But it errors out with -

Lightning components require My Domain. Please contact your system administrator for more information.

Any idea what I might be missing? My org is defenitely provisioned with MyDomin.
Hello Users,

I have to insert 50000 contacts into my Contact object.But we are having account lookup in contact object, i have only account name in the excel sheet.

So in seperate excel sheet i just exported id, name from account. Now i cannot compare manually the this name in another excel sheet for association of record id. By using some formulaes we can achieve this functionality.

Can anyone suggest me the solution to place the id's instead of name. 

Thanks in advance!!

When someone takes the time/effort to repspond to your question, you should take the time/effort to either mark the question as "Solved", or post a Follow-Up with addtional information.  

That way people with a similar question can find the Solution without having to re-post the same question again and again. And the people who reply to your post know that the issue has been resolved and they can stop working on it.